How much have you flown this week?

StinkBug

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Dallas
I posted a while ago about my planned cross country trip, but I haven't had much time to post about it until now. We left one week ago today, and my buddy and I have now made it all the way across the country in my Mooney with stops all along the way. We've spent nights in El Paso, Austin, New Orleans, Marathon FL, and Myrtle Beach, and today we arrived on Cape Cod and will be spending the next few days at my grandparents place. It's been a hell of an adventure and we've done a lot and seen a lot, including a ton of weather that we just never get out west. A little scary at times, but always fun.

This is kinda silly, but since we've gotten to our stopping point for the week, and our real destination for this trip I decided to run through a few stats on the trip so far. In one week we have entered the airspace of 19 states and landed in 6. Previous to this trip I had only flown in 4 states, all of which we have hit on this trip. We've burned 239.11 gallons of fuel (not including our last leg) at an average 8.05 gallons per hour and average price of $5.03/gal. We've also talked to 71 enroute traffic controllers plus tower and ground controllers at most of the airports we've stopped at.

Total logged hours so far 33.1, 5.2 of which were in instrument conditions.

If you wanna see some of what we've been up to, or follow along for the rest of the trip I've been dumping pics into a public album on my facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10207482018398775&type=3

That isn't weird, that is detailed... Congrats on stretching your wings.

I do something similar to this after every long trip. I find it interesting that you logged how many controllers you talked to. That's something I've never considered.

Sounds like a fun trip.

We actually wrote down each frequency and facility name. I wanted my passenger to have something to do to be more involved with the trip. He's done well.

We actually wrote down each frequency and facility name. I wanted my passenger to have something to do to be more involved with the trip. He's done well.

Keeping your passenger busy ,makes them feel useful ,when they are more involved in the planning ,rather than just looking out the window,the trip goes much better.Hope you enjoy the cape watch the TFR.

Nada, zip, zilch. But, I've been stuck in meetings in Dresden. Riding (not flying) DRS-FRA-SFO-SEA tomorrow. Maybe sometime next week I'll get some PIC time. It would be a nice change.

Not sure about this week but looking at my logbook and the school's scheduling system for the month it looks like I've flown 97 hours with about 134ish billable.

1.4 hours.

Up from last week...

5.5 hours and 7 different states. All on IFR plans, plenty of storms but less than 5 minutes in solid IMC.

....at least 19 different ATC facilities

Thanks for asking.

Nice trip! We probably shared some storms on the east coast.

That sounds amazing. Can't wait until I am able to make a trip like that.

I sat at the airport before work yesterday morning for 2 hours waiting for the 800 ft cloud ceiling to raise so I could practice the patterns and finally had to hear home. This morning was the same adventure. Thunderstorms passed by and the low hanging clouds ruined another day. Now I'm of to work...

Can't wait to see those pics when I get to a pc. Stay safe and away from the cape's great whites. Haha

I just realized, today is the one year anniversary of getting my PPL!

One of the reasons I love Log Ten Pro.. It allows you to create "smart groups" that will allow you to match any flight criteria easily.. As for me only 5.2 hours in the last 7 days.. that is LOW for me !!

One flight. 5.1 hours. 15,000 gallons of Jet-A

Not sure about this week but looking at my logbook and the school's scheduling system for the month it looks like I've flown 97 hours with about 134ish billable.

Wow. That school keeps you busy.

Only 2 hours this week due to the crazy Florida storms popping up at any time of the day instead of just the usual late afternoon

7.7 which is a lot for me

This week? 1.0 hr late night. Too hot to fly in daytime. Last month 12.0 hrs. night, same thing....too hot. Born and raised in deep South. Never get used to weather.

I posted a while ago about my planned cross country trip, but I haven't had much time to post about it until now. We left one week ago today, and my buddy and I have now made it all the way across the country in my Mooney with stops all along the way. We've spent nights in El Paso, Austin, New Orleans, Marathon FL, and Myrtle Beach, and today we arrived on Cape Cod and will be spending the next few days at my grandparents place. It's been a hell of an adventure and we've done a lot and seen a lot, including a ton of weather that we just never get out west. A little scary at times, but always fun.

This is kinda silly, but since we've gotten to our stopping point for the week, and our real destination for this trip I decided to run through a few stats on the trip so far. In one week we have entered the airspace of 19 states and landed in 6. Previous to this trip I had only flown in 4 states, all of which we have hit on this trip. We've burned 239.11 gallons of fuel (not including our last leg) at an average 8.05 gallons per hour and average price of $5.03/gal. We've also talked to 71 enroute traffic controllers plus tower and ground controllers at most of the airports we've stopped at.

If you wanna see some of what we've been up to, or follow along for the rest of the trip I've been dumping pics into a public album on my facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10207482018398775&type=3

CONGRATS on the great trip. Sounds like a fun adventure!!

How did you like Austin and New Orleans?

This week I have logged 3 hours.
Next week I will do 15 hours round trip to Montana.

This week probably less than 5hrs.

2 weeks ago was one of my summer flying vacations.
34 hrs in 8 flights
1 state speed record 77mph over a 300km (189miles) FAI Triangle for my class of glider
(another glider set the overall state speed record at 91.5mph the same day)
one out and return goal flight 210+miles total.
16 gallons of gas used, for tow plane.
3 oxygen refills
34 hrs is just glider time, doesn't include about 3 hours flying the tow plane.
45 holes of golf on the non flying days. (probably my annual allotment)

Brian

CONGRATS on the great trip. Sounds like a fun adventure!!

How did you like Austin and New Orleans?

We only spent one night in Austin so we didn't get to do a ton of exploring, but we did meet up with a couple local pilots and had an awesome dinner and all around good time with them. Afterwards we hit up 6th street, which was much like the gaslamp district back in San Diego but better since they closed off the street and there was a bit more outside entertainment.

New Orleans was honestly pretty low on my list when we planned this trip, but became a total highlight. Since we didn't have any weather delays we decided to spend an extra day there, and it was TOTALLY worth it. We ended up going out for an airboat tour of the surrounding swamplands, and getting up close and personal with a few gators. This alone would have been worth the extra day. Just riding around in the airboat was ridiculously fun. The gators were a bonus. In the afternoon we started walking around and exploring the city and ended up in a pretty..........run down part of town and found this power plant that had been abandoned in the 70s. I won't say that we did any trespassing, but lets just say that's a really interesting building. ;)

11889456_10207450884980459_1946467661158046823_n.jpg

11887831_10207450885940483_2184873723837608780_n.jpg

11891492_10207454165822478_5131356522274250550_o.jpg

Pretty hard to fly with the cowl sitting on the shop floor and tools strewn about.

6.2 hours. Trips to San Antonio, Galveston, and (if you stretch to 8 days) McAllen.

6.4 hrs. Just because there is high pressure does not always mean good weather over the Appalachians. We landed 18 minutes after closing time. A 40 minute walk with my family through an industrial area to the Hilton Garden Inn was fun. We always pack light backpacks, food and drinks just in case. Looking forward to our next trip.

12.8 hrs
Two trips; Odessa R/T Longview & Dallas and Odessa R/T Dallas.

Zero, but doing a XC tomorrow to my parent's house, so Ill probably get 4.0

Down, waiting on an engine. :-(

Oh sure. Ask us how much we've flown this week and start it out with that! LOL. You're having way to much fun. I like how you help keep the passenger involved. Enjoy the trip back and we'll try have the fires out for you.

^^^ geez, Jordan! :)

Just got back from a three day trip - did just under 14 hours. Fun trip, good crew, and good overnights.

Zero. Had my gallbladder removed Monday.

Related question - how long do I need to sit out? (Going to ask my CFI on Monday)

Back