How much did you pay for your Practical Test?

$500, this past year.

500 for ppl IR and 350 for com. Managing 500 for cfi but most around here are 800 to 1000. Kinda insane how much some busy dpes are pulling down. I'll take 150k plus per yr to work when I want. Get my 500+ cash and be done with work right after lunch...

$400 PPL and IR
$450 Commercial SEL
$450 Commercial MEL
$750 CFI Initial

$400 PP in July 2014.

500 atp, but that was something like 2003.....

But I did buy lunch for the instructor.

500 atp, but that was something like 2003.....

But I did buy lunch for the instructor.
Got my ATP checkrides for free... ;)

Better part is, I got my ATP-SEL so I could act as captain in a King Air!

All my CFIs were free. Required to fly with the Feds back then for all CFI tickets. Only one (MEI) was a jerk.

The only ride I took from a private DE was my PP. No clue what that cost back in 1985.
Did the rest with company/flight safety/Feds..

$400 for IR.

Not really sure how that works. Unless you fly around with one shut down all the time.

BTW... $75 for my PP-SEL checkride.
It was a company requirement that somebody thought of at the last minute before my upgrade ride, and I didn't have my ATP written done.

The next checkride was my Bonanza 135 recurrent, so I did the ATP there so I could make 'em more money in the King Air.

$500 for my PPL, 5/17. Cash... before he even shook my hand.

PPL - free. IFR - 550 Commercial - 500

1996, I think it was somewhere in the tune of $125. Rapid City, SD

Yeah, I did the survey, but they completely omitted Sport Pilots and they buggered up the question about additional ratings as far as Sport is concerned. The process is the same for the initial certificate (checkride with a DPE), but different for adding on things like seaplane.

When a Sport Pilot tacks on another aircraft, like a seaplane or a gyro, there is not an additional checkride with a DPE. Instead, the pilot trains with a CFI and when ready he flies with a different CFI to demonstrate competency. Once he's demonstrated competency in the new aircraft, the CFI gives him a logbook endorsement. No DPE checkride required.

The survey writers seem unaware that there are such things as Sport and Recreational certificates.

FWIW - $500 cash to a DPE for my Sport checkride.

Back