Votes: 14 8.6%
  • 201-250

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • 251-300

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • More than 300

Votes: 27 16.7%

• Total voters
with yesterday's 7.9 , I flew 85.9 in 2023.

I also flew on both the first day and the last day of 2023.

with yesterday's 7.9 , I flew 85.9 in 2023.

I also flew on both the first day and the last day of 2023.
I can't remember without looking if I flew one year ago on New Years Day 2023. Not sure if I will be able to fly this afternoon. The last 3+ days have been crap around here. Terrible weather for flying.
I just added a poll if you don't want to post, sorry for the delay.

174.4 (thanks MFB!) a new high for me.

Thanks for the reminder. January 1 is the day I send my MyFlightBook to a paper logbook format PDF as an extra backup.

104.6. Considering only few years ago, I barely reached 50, I'm very happy with that.

186.4. Slightly higher than last years 182.2 ….. And somehow more than @Jim K :dunno:

only about 120 but it was a shortened flying year for me

I shook the rust off after some time away, started working on commercial requirements, joined a club, and got checked out in a PA-28 for the first time.

Exactly 100.3 hours. Yet, I took the same amount of trips and maybe even covered more ground as in 2022 when I flew over 120 hours. My plane just became a lot faster lol.

Around 18 hrs private and I believe 160 for work (busy year).

530.4. That's a new record for me, previous best was 450.2 (2021). But I was actually far less busy overall, since those 2021 hours were all part-time after-day-job hours, whereas this year they were mostly for my day job (that I started in 2022).

Only 302 in 2023. That is down from about 350 in 2022. Let’s see what 2024 brings!

Abram Finkelstein
N685AS

ETA: landed at 25 airports and one wheat field across 9 states

Last edited:
images

166.5. About half of last year.

I think I'm losing interest in aviation again. I find my eye casting about at other, newer hobbies, and I identify as boat-curious now.

Obnoxiously, my means is also up, so I am ALSO looking around at certain little turbine planes with interest. It's a real Jekyll and Hyde situation in my skull right now.

My CFI renewal is next month, so 16 hours of Traffic School is certain to make me love the FAA more than I do currently. :mad2:

I think I'm losing interest in aviation again. I find my eye casting about at other, newer hobbies, and I identify as boat-curious now.

Obnoxiously, my means is also up, so I am ALSO looking around at certain little turbine planes with interest. It's a real Jekyll and Hyde situation in my skull right now.

My CFI renewal is next month, so 16 hours of Traffic School is certain to make me love the FAA more than I do currently. :mad2:

dibs on the twin!

About 45hrs this year. The plane was down for 4 months for annual and 1 month for an Aspen E5 and Aerocruze 100 auto pilot install. The daughter and grand baby were here of 7 weeks and only flew twice during that time. So, 45 hours is not bad for six months of flying. I like to have around 100hrs per year to make it worth owing a plane. My partner has about as many hours on the plane as me.

MFB is so cool. Playing with the tools in there, I see that although my hours are higher, my "days with flights" is down significantly, 57 vs 75 last year.

I try to fly every week, but looks like I missed 6 weeks, not counting the time my plane was in annual.

Only 5.6 in the Cessna last year. I should probably fly that thing more. Hard to talk myself into when the Lance is less effort to pull out.

If you need to park your Baron somewhere until your interest comes back… I know of a good home in N Illinois.

dibs on the twin!
ahhhh you beat me to it!

Of course, at this point in my career, the point is to fly fewer hours, not more. By that metric, I did very well.

looks like about 384, including 81 in the glider.
The landing column shows 1372 landings.

Brian
CFIIG/ASEL

Not enough. Between an extended annual waiting for unobtanium parts, and a Garmin SB to fix my faulty G5s, my plane was in the shop for much of the flying season. Then there were the gloomy Canadian fire days of 1-2 mile visibility, which made any recreational flying no fun. Hope to do better in 2024, especially after the spring thaw. Looking forward to a couple of longer trips.

flew 301 hours which is more than the previous 2 years. I probably could have got down to around 200 if i bid reserve instead of trying a line for a few months.

59.9 hrs. 6.4 night, 12.5 hp, 17.6 complex, 25 xc
Sadly, only in 2 states, CA and NV

72.3 Tach time = Not as much as I would have liked.

Started flight school Aug 12. Passed checkride Dec 12. Also got my HP endorsement in a C182.
58.7hrs Looking to be CFII by Aug 12/24 hopefully with my multi add on.

Back