How many do you know personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

saracelica

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
saracelica
Friend just told me he's going through transitioning to a woman. Fine. Whatever. Then I started thinking wow that's three now. Fine one is a cashier at a grocery store I frequent and worked there and know them as both genders. One is a friends offspring. Asked people at work how many transgender people they know. No one admitted to knowing any.

What say fellow pilots?

A woman came up to talk to me at a conference, seemed to really know me, but I was drawing a total blank until she told me that she used to be Raymond.

We had a long time employee transition male to female a few years ago. No idea (nor is it any of my business) how far that ultimately went. She is just as talented and engineer and designer as he ever was (no surprise there).

One friend who I originally knew professionally. Also met a few at an LGBTQ legal conference and spent a lot of time talking with one very interesting person over lunch break.

A few...it’s blatantly obvious.

Attachments

• AEC6D754-473C-4B3D-900D-B53D3BE0D39B.jpeg
    AEC6D754-473C-4B3D-900D-B53D3BE0D39B.jpeg
    725.8 KB · Views: 68
I think I used to know one, her name was Edwina Frederick.

we just got this new girl on our team at work. she's a L and everyone has to hear about it 5 times a day. I don't friggin care and stop telling me.

I live in the SF Bay Area, and know about a dozen transwomen. Oddly, despite knowing people all over the LGBTQ++ spectrum, I don't know a single transman.

Friend just told me he's going through transitioning to a woman. Fine. Whatever. Then I started thinking wow that's three now. Fine one is a cashier at a grocery store I frequent and worked there and know them as both genders. One is a friends offspring. Asked people at work how many transgender people they know. No one admitted to knowing any.

What say fellow pilots?

Not that I know of. I’ll ask my wife. If you don’t hear from me in 48 hours, call the cops

Nobody I know personally, talked to one or two on internet forums I used to be on if that counts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back