How many airports have you landed at?

MrPilotMan

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
MrPilotMan
When I started flying a year and a half ago, I put a sectional up on my wall and have been marking it with pushpins denoting all the airports I've landed at. I enjoy seeing all the airports and landing at as many as possible. So far Ive logged 98 hours and landed at 27 airports in the Boston area. How many have you done and in how long?

Video of my last "Round Robin" flight logging airport 25, 26, and 27
https://youtu.be/pCZh_kv-d0c

It appears I have landed at 127 different airports in 48 states.

Every one in Colorado (public that is). Something like 60 of those. And lots in (almost) every state. A bunch in Canada.

I once considered what it would take to land at every airport in the USA. Two years of flight at 10 airports a day. Something like that. No one has done it that I am aware of.

Lost count. Hundreds.

182 airports in 34 states,going to the west coast coming summer. Have all the airports in several northeast states.

Quite a few but it isn't worth pulling the logbook out and counting them. It really doesn't matter and means little if anything.

I'd say a couple hundred. 19 states and 13 countries.

In 41 years of flying and living in about a dozen different places and a couple of across the continent trips. It's a lot.

I've got some catching up to do... Only 20 airports in a handful of states.

No freaking clue, we only counting public airports, no ranch or back country strips?

I looked through my logbook, and A LOT of my enroute airports are the same (usually for cheap fuel) and my destinations end up being the same as well.

I don't know and can't get motivated to go through two logbooks to count. It's possible that I've landed at as many private strips/off airport locations as I have at public use airports.

I did go through the Montana airport directory just now. I've landed at 38 of the 120+ public airports in the state. I'd like to try to land at all of them before I have to quit. I'd need a more capable backcountry airplane than my current ride to land at a dozen or so of those, however.

Mark

Not officially certain, but I would guesstimate several hundred. Multiple in every state except hawaii, many, many in Canada, many in Mexico, many in Caribbean. Throw in Bermuda and Central America.....

Just realized LogTen Pro actually calculates this for you. Just looked at it and have 129 airports and that doesn't include my military flying since I haven't put that in my digital logbook yet.

74 airports, 8 states, 360 hours. Seems like I'm pretty average.

I like the Google map pins idea. I think I'll try that.

Without the electronic logbook this would have been a pain to figure out!

98 airports

37. All in Florida.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

393 over a 35 year time period and several countries. Doesn't include off field landings when I was training in a helicopter.

We did every airport in the California South plate book during my IR Training, and a few in North book.

Without the electronic logbook this would have been a pain to figure out!

Concur. MyFlightbook even puts the pushpins on an electronic map for you.

69 airports in 4 states over seven years.

46 airports in 6 states and Bahamas over 254 hours and 4 years of flying.

Just realized LogTen Pro actually calculates this for you.
OK, so I checked. LogTenPro says 605 but I think that may be off, because I believe airports which changed their identifiers somewhere along the way were counted twice. What surprising (maybe not) to me is that there many places I don't recall at all.

OK, so I checked. LogTenPro says 605 but I think that may be off, because I believe airports which changed their identifiers somewhere along the way were counted twice. What surprising (maybe not) to me is that there many places I don't recall at all.

Sort by arrivals. There may be some with zeros in there. I found that to be the case when I was calculating mine.

Sort by arrivals. There may be some with zeros in there. I found that to be the case when I was calculating mine.
Hmm... so there are 593 with at least one arrival or one departure. But I can remember going to some of the places which are 0/0. I think it has something to do with the way I logged in the beginning and how the value carried over from another logbook program.

Hmm... so there are 593 with at least one arrival or one departure. But I can remember going to some of the places which are 0/0. I think it has something to do with the way I logged in the beginning and how the value carried over from another logbook program.

Or it could be that you didn't log the takeoff or landing. If you select the Place, it should show if you have any flights there, regardless of how many takeoffs or landings you logged.

Ive noticed sometimes with new entries it puts them in twice, once with the 1/1 and again for some strange reason as 0/0

Ive noticed sometimes with new entries it puts them in twice, once with the 1/1 and again for some strange reason as 0/0

I haven't played with this feature before so I'm not sure how it works. I'm not even sure how I logged many of my early flights in the previous logbook program. I'm pretty sure I didn't log each leg separately.

Back