How LOW have you've flown?

mscard88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Mark
All the how high threads have made me dizzy lol. So, how some low stories?

I've flown so low, the wheels have actually touched the ground..oh wait..that's called something else...

I've flown so low, the wheels have actually touched the ground..oh wait..that's called something else...

At the beginning and ending of every flight, 0 AGL. Can't get any lower than that, you can only tie my record. :D

A lot of these pointless question threads being started these days....

Last edited:
-500 feet, amazing since the field elevation is around 850'.

I am assuming DA since best we all could do AGL is 0 and anyone that lives in low areas will have an advantage with MSL.

What about Death Valley, something like that? Heck or even south Louisiana, there are some low spots there, Houma comes to mind.

I've flown so low Garth Brook's friends wouldn't even join me.

So low I broke the limbo stick.

Lower than your mama went on the pool boy.

So low Satan had to build me a basement in his basement.

Lower than the lowest, down-low dirty dog you know.

And, sadly, low enough that I done did come from together.

Nominated for post of the year. :yes: :D

Well considering you're flying straight after take off and immediately before landing, the answer for ALL of us is probably... less than an inch. :D

I think this guy takes the prize for lowest AGL during cruise flight. No way I would ever fly with him!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF2SWqC2z-A
Ah man, I forgot all about that dude!

The best was when he logged in here to try and defend his crap. What an idiot.

I love how he tries to make videos like he is an instructor....."we need to stay 500' above any objects..." as he overflies boats at 250' above the water.

Last edited:
Where is the video of the Aerostar that scraped the belly (forgot the gear) and went around?

That's the one! I can't believe he actually spoke to the news. WTF? So, apparently, according to him, he didn't forget the gear.....he pulled them back up and botched the go around then flew it 100 miles home!

Wow....just wow.

This video has a better audio of the props hitting the ground...

The noise you hear is the sound of ALOT of money...:yikes::eek:...:redface:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

Flying a low level route in pilot training at 200 knots, low enough I could tell the hunter waving was using a break action over/under shotgun.

The noise you hear is the sound of ALOT of money...:yikes::eek:...:redface:
As I recall, the airplane was listed for sale shortly after.....ad said it needed new props, but nothing about needing to tear the engines down...

As I recall, the airplane was listed for sale shortly after.....ad said it needed new props, but nothing about needing to tear the engines down...

Story I heard from a very reliable source is a FAA inspector was there,,, Probably the guy you see in the video standing next to the runway...

He called and had the plane tracked and the old guy was met by the FAA that is based at FXE as he taxied up to his hangar...:hairraise::eek::redface::redface::redface:

Most excellent Cajun! This did come from together for me. :D

Flying a low level route in pilot training at 200 knots, low enough I could tell the hunter waving was using a break action over/under shotgun.

When I was a controller at CBM there was a T-38 on outside downwind (vfr pattern around 4-5 miles from the runways) whose IP evidently would buzz a farmer's cows. One day the farmer had enough and shot at the T-38. Supposedly had a hole or three in the wing when they returned to base. And I'm sure the farmer had a visit from the feds.

Another IP friend told me some other 'low level' stories too. Dangerous when two IPs fly together. :wink2:

Sticking strictly to AGL, I once was -300ft AGL. Altimeter was set as one would expect.

Anyone want to guess how that happened?

I guess, to be accurate, I was really -299ft AGL once "flying."

About 20' over water. Land I would guess 500-800 feet.

Class G, Uncontrolled airspace. Soon to be class Google, prohibited airspace.

Go out and enjoy it while you can.

Dave

Back