How long can you go without touching it?

SixPapaCharlie

May the force be with you
Display Name

Display name:
Sixer
Get your minds out of the gutter.
I'm talking about this alert thing:
Capture.JPG

I noticed this thing was like 50 the other day. Probably because I did something awesome.
Anyway I meant to look at the notifications but got derailed.

Now I can't bring myself to touch it. If you mouse over it or click it, it zeros out.
I'm now avoiding that portion of the screen completely on POA for fear I will get too close and kill it.

Is this some sort of "mine is bigger than yours" competition?

I liked your post...gotta do my part.

Last edited:
reporting this post in the hopes u get your bell rang again, if ya hear what I'm sayin.......

Get your minds out of the gutter.
I'm talking about this alert thing:
View attachment 53099

I noticed this thing was like 50 the other day. Probably because I did something awesome.
Anyway I meant to look at the notifications but got derailed.

Now I can't bring myself to touch it. If you mouse over it or click it, it zeros out.
I'm now avoiding that portion of the screen completely on POA for fear I will get too close and kill it.

I check this thing ever five seconds and I flip out with excitement from just one or two alerts. Your making me jealous!

Funny... I had the opposite obsession of keeping that number at zero.. I get fanatic about unread emails too. Now everyone's 200+ got me jealous

I've got 22,019 unread emails. I don't even bother to touch it anymore, because it's all subscriptions or spam

I just touched mine several times in quick succession. Does that make me bad?

That depends on where you were at the time. WalMart? Probably ok. Library? Maybe. Movie theater? Depends on the movie. (Because you're not supposed to use your phone to check POA at the movie theater.)

I've got 22,019 unread emails. I don't even bother to touch it anymore, because it's all subscriptions or spam
I finally went through my gmail and deleted all emails >3y old. It felt great.

You know what, I'm betting if you don't touch it for long enough, it will empty itself out.

Funny... I had the opposite obsession of keeping that number at zero.. I get fanatic about unread emails too. Now everyone's 200+ got me jealous
My Girlfriend's mailbox would drive you insane.. She has over 170K unread emails.. Gives me a twitch thinking about it

She has over 170K unread emails..
I feel like if it gets over a reasonable number, like 100, the algorithm should just switch to saying something like "A Lot" - that would at least be less painful than "53,286"

I feel like if it gets over a reasonable number, like 100, the algorithm should just switch to saying something like "A Lot" - that would at least be less painful than "53,286"
RIGHT?!?! I think she keeps them just to make me twitch if I am looking at her phone.

I check those notifications every day if for nothing else to see which moderator's fecal roster I'm on. :devil:

Oh, WAIT! shouldn't someone else have posted that? :D

Well... I got it up to 88 then accidentally hovered over it and I have to start over. Oh well

Sometimes when I touch mine, nothing happens. Seems as if there is a refractory period after my ejection handle is pulled.

Poke. Poke.

:);):D

Back