How do YOU make money?

I work for a living.

Seriously though, I work in finance.

I've worked for the same company for 25 years and run a small business on the side.

Don't,retired and trying to outlive the pension.

Don't,retired and trying to outlive the pension.
Same here: sort of, except that I don't have a pension. I have savings and an IRA.

I watch the stock market.

Some days I make money.
Some days I don't.

I look at spreadsheets that have tasks listed on them and I ask people if they can finish the task by their name by the date shown next to the task.

Then I tell my boss that they won't be done in time.
My boss asks me to present the data to the stake holders and I stand in front of them usually way under-dressed and look at their blank stares and say things like

"We need to tee up that conversation"
"I want to touch base with the business before we socialize these numbers"
"We need to open the lines of communication"
"We need to break down silos"

Then the top guy in the room that was texting his mistress instead of listening to me will say "Well, that was good, can you send out the notes from this meeting" because he has no idea what I said.

Then I go back to my desk and talk to the other project managers about how tough this project is and how I really have no bandwidth left to assist them with anything. They say "Yeah, I hear that" And then someone says synergize and we go home.

Well, you see, I have these plates, some special paper, and special ink . . .

Oh, wait . . .

Well, you see, I have these plates, some special paper, and special ink . . .

Oh, wait . . .

Well you've gotta do something while letting the autopilot fly, and you get in trouble for sleeping.

Systems engineer

Pimping.

But remember kids, pimpin' ain't easy!

I model socks.

It isn't for everyone, it takes a long time to get your foot in the door.

I work in the natural gas industry and "work" at a FBO on the side.

Ambulance driver in the sky.

Go to work. They send a check. Go to work again, they send another check. Just like the pigeon and the kernel. I keep going back.

Medicine and medical billing/admin.

I work as a sysadmin for an A&D company supporting a business unit specializing in international trip support. It works out pretty well having friends in the flight planning and aviation weather departments :)

I do whatever the hell my wife tells me to and she lets me go fly on occasion.

Medical office billing/admin for her practice.

:D

My real employer is paying me to read POA... and to be "available".

So that's why Sac couldn't get a second date...

And here I figured it was the socks.

I attempt to teach monkeys how to fly airplanes. If this monkey can do it, anyone can!

I look at spreadsheets that have tasks listed on them and I ask people if they can finish the task by their name by the date shown next to the task.

Then I tell my boss that they won't be done in time.
My boss asks me to present the data to the stake holders and I stand in front of them usually way under-dressed and look at their blank stares and say things like

"We need to tee up that conversation"
"I want to touch base with the business before we socialize these numbers"
"We need to open the lines of communication"
"We need to break down silos"

Then the top guy in the room that was texting his mistress instead of listening to me will say "Well, that was good, can you send out the notes from this meeting" because he has no idea what I said.

Then I go back to my desk and talk to the other project managers about how tough this project is and how I really have no bandwidth left to assist them with anything. They say "Yeah, I hear that" And then someone says synergize and we go home.

I tell people like you that I won't be done in time. :)

Back