Highest bp ever

Racerx

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Ernie
Ok, Im bored. My apologies. In the hospital waiting after x-rays were taken to confirm I broke my foot. But holy cow, blood pressure was the highest Ive ever had. 133/63. No doubt the trauma was probably a factor as it was a little over an hour after the incident.

And the results are in. No Ortho on call but I'm preparing for needing a pin. Gonna be tough working the left rudder.
IMG_20230313_000710070.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about the foot, hopefully it heals quickly.

And the 133/63 reading is not really even high bp, Very slightly high side of the normal range. In many countries, 125/85 is considered "normal".

I had a co worker a few years ago who regularly had readings of 180/110! Now that is scary high. And she was on BP meds. (But not really taking them consistently) Died of a heart attack two years ago, at 57 years old. :(

Pain and agitation will do it. When I broke my left foot and ankle, mine was way off when they got me to the plant hospital. Broke the left fibula a couple years later and the ER crew thought I was going to have a stroke it was so high. Got it iced down a bit while waiting on x-ray room and was near normal when the Dr got to me with the break info.

I've got a knee scooter you can borrow in Tennessee.

Racing accident?
I wish. That's how I broke my wrist years ago. Passing a now retired nascar driver for the lead, he hit the wall and then hit me. Steering wheel spun in my hand, fractured scaphoid. This was much dumber. Was doing drywall in the loft I'm building above my detached garage. Was done for the night. Decided I'd run down the stairs and hide from the dog. Jumped the last two steps and tried to go around the corner. Landed on a bag of ice melt. Ankle rolled. Heard a crunch. Knew it was broke before I hit the ground.

Jumped the last two steps and tried to go around the corner. Landed on a bag of ice melt. Ankle rolled. Heard a crunch. Knew it was broke before I hit the ground.
Kinda like how I did my foot and ankle. Walking around the end of a work table in the hangar, stepped on an air hose and rolled the ankle. Guys heard it pop across the hangar even with the ground air conditioner and some other support equipment running. EMT's got me loaded on the gurney and nearly dropped me, trying to picking me up to slide me in the ambulance.:confused:

Kinda like how I did my foot and ankle. Walking around the end of a work table in the hangar, stepped on an air hose and rolled the ankle. Guys heard it pop across the hangar even with the ground air conditioner and some other support equipment running. EMT's got me loaded on the gurney and nearly dropped me, trying to picking me up to slide me in the ambulance.:confused:
Luckily it was just the foot. Was able to shower and drive myself to the hospital

Luckily it was just the foot. Was able to shower and drive myself to the hospital

When I broke the fibula, I drove myself to the hospital. Got messed around a bit, as it was July 4th Friday, and had to park the truck at the furthermost section of parking and walk in. Was hurting quite a bit by that point. Was kidding with x-ray tech about whether I broke the foot or ankle again, told her I knew she couldn't officially tell me what I had done. No to the foot or ankle, so I guessed I'd sprained it bad. Her response was "No, congratulations, you broke your leg this time"...:(

Mine saw 200/? (don't remember the low side) during a kidney stone peak pain moment.
Lowest I ever had was 60/40 and passed out, after they tried to make me walk after a surgery. I warned them I wasn't ready lol.

I wish. That's how I broke my wrist years ago. Passing a now retired nascar driver for the lead, he hit the wall and then hit me. Steering wheel spun in my hand, fractured scaphoid. This was much dumber. Was doing drywall in the loft I'm building above my detached garage. Was done for the night. Decided I'd run down the stairs and hide from the dog. Jumped the last two steps and tried to go around the corner. Landed on a bag of ice melt. Ankle rolled. Heard a crunch. Knew it was broke before I hit the ground.

Look, you gotta get a better story than that. Such a boring tale just ain't gonna cut it. At least there needs to be a biker or two in the story, and probably a bar and a pipe wrench.

Work on it.

I think it was 220/160 that I pulled when I OD'ed on edibles in Portland. The smirks on the firefighters who did the EKG on me still rankles to this day. They said MI is usually 200+ on the bottom number, so I opted out of the offered ambulance.

The shame still burns.

I don't think I've ever seen a lower number BELOW 70 for me, so I'm pretty jealous OP. Hope the x-ray heals nicely.

Look, you gotta get a better story than that. Such a boring tale just ain't gonna cut it. At least there needs to be a biker or two in the story, and probably a bar and a pipe wrench.

Work on it.
The dog opens the door when I leave the house. Can't make it to my truck and she's out. So figured I'd see how long it'd take to use her nose in the dark

No @Tools story time here....so there I was...

Fwiw, the loft above the garage will be a mancave/bar. Complete with pool table, slot machines, and a bathroom.

download.jpeg

Last edited:
Blood pressure is rarely recorded when it's the "highest ever". :eek:

+1 on the humble brag.

I once took my blood pressure reading after getting off a shouting match phone call with my general contractor in the midst of a home renovation fiasco.

I think my systolic hit 210. Some deep breathing and meditation were needed to bring it back down to one twenty something.

I'm normally in the 100/70 to 110/80 range, occasionally below 90 on the top side.

Table saw accident. BP was in the 130/range while I waited on the ER table.
When they gave me the local and stabbed me with a needle in the thumb where I was already missing meat, the BP reading went over 200.

Resting pulse rate is 50-60. I mean if we are humble bragging. :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back