High Copper in Oil

I could not agree more with this statement.
I didn't come to that conclusion from any of Camguard videos or citations from their links. More telling is that there really hasn't been reports of engines failing because of the stuff.

Do the math?

30 minutes per month - that's 1 hour every 2 months
Exactly. That’s not a a lot of flying. I fly much more than that but sometimes have weeks-long lapses.

What does this show to you?
It should show you the corrosion you worry about doesn't happen.
what does worry us is the water contained in the sump.

and there is no elixir to prevent this.

Last OH 2004.....recent top OH. CamGuard used last ten years.

Attachments

• IMG_2430.JPG
    IMG_2430.JPG
    154.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2437.JPG
    IMG_2437.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2439.JPG
    IMG_2439.JPG
    127 KB · Views: 17
so why change oil at this interval ?

Multiple sources including Lycoming and my POH agree that old oil (4 months tops) require an oil change. The reasoning, amongst many sources, can be found in a Lycoming Flyer.

It should show you the corrosion you worry about doesn't happen.
what does worry us is the water contained in the sump.

and there is no elixir to prevent this.

It only shows one clean engine. I would wager that this engine was not based in a coastal area for any meaningful amount of time.

Multiple sources including Lycoming and my POH agree that old oil (4 months tops) require an oil change. The reasoning, amongst many sources, can be found in a Lycoming Flyer.
I'd bet that is not complied with, yet engines don't fail because of this.

Do you believe every thing you read?

Lol....right. :D Btw, that oil is changed once a year....whether it needs it or not...and it flys 20-30 hrs per year. Lol ;)
Nice. I’ve listened to well-respected mechanics say exactly that, but I change it anyways so there are no regrets later should something happen. That’s just me and how I’d rather go down if I am to go down.

Now onto the top cam vs the bottom cam engine longevity , with or with out Camguard .
And add 4 cyl vs 6 cyl life expectancy with or with out brand "X" addictive . :)

Back