Has anyone tried the new Bose Pro Flight in a piston plane?

JScarry

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
JScarry
I noticed Stevo1Kinevo wearing a set on a couple of recent flights and on the last flight Mindy was wearing a pair in the back of a Cessna 206. They implied that they are alright, but didn’t really give a review.

Has anyone tried them in a Cessna or Piper and compared comfort and noise reduction to the A20/A10 or Lightspeed.

I like the comfort of my Clarity Aloft headset compared to the Bose A20, but it isn’t great at noise reduction.

If it’s the one he went to north Georgia golfing, I got the impression he wanted his A20s back. No doubt they were free and Bose is paying his bills. But I wouldn’t buy them.

Oh yea...... Halos fo life!!!!!!!!!!

I noticed Stevo1Kinevo wearing a set on a couple of recent flights and on the last flight Mindy was wearing a pair in the back of a Cessna 206. They implied that they are alright, but didn’t really give a review.

Has anyone tried them in a Cessna or Piper and compared comfort and noise reduction to the A20/A10 or Lightspeed.

I like the comfort of my Clarity Aloft headset compared to the Bose A20, but it isn’t great at noise reduction.
She said they weren’t as good as the A20’s. I’m assuming she meant in the noise canceling aspect which is what everyone else (including Bose) is saying, cause they’re really meant for pressurized cabins/jets.

I wouldn’t waste your money on them. They perform about the same as the QT halo or in ear headsets. They do have the neat features that you pay dearly for. I didn’t find them comfortable and they are a pita to put on. Either go with the A20 or save your money and get the QT.

I tried them (at work -- in a jet, not piston) and I was underwhelmed. It's not a bad product but it's just not quite what I was expecting from Bose for what should be a world-class headset for turbojet operations.

I'm a bit biased against in-ear, though, and that plays a role. I really don't like having to wrangle a headset on and off my head with multiple steps every time I want to get out of my seat.

I still have the uflymike and Bose QC15s for work. I also have two pair of A20s and a Lightspeed Zulu2s, but out of all of those, I like the QC15s/uflymike combo the best when I'm working. It's the most comfortable and music sounds great. When I'm flying around in piston airplanes I favor the A20. Best headset out there.

Anyway, regarding the Pro Flight, Bose is pretty quick to say they're really not intended for piston environments, although it will work, obviously. Not sure why anyone would intentionally use them in a way contrary to the mfgr's intended application.

At this point in time I don't recommend them, but I'll keep an open mind. Only tried them once.

Back