Harrison Ford down

Stock Stearman seat shoulder harness is attached to inertia reel which is attached to the seat.

Jim R
Collierville, TN

N7155H--1946 Piper J-3 Cub
N3368K--1946 Globe GC-1B Swift
N4WJ--1994 Van's RV-4

Stock Stearman seat shoulder harness is attached to inertia reel which is attached to the seat.

Jim R
Collierville, TN

N4WJ--1994 Van's RV-4

Do many of the restored ones use the stock system? The ones I saw, and the one I flew, were all in Ag trim and had Hookers cabled on tabs welded to the frame.

Jim R
Collierville, TN

N4WJ--1994 Van's RV-4

Mine did not have any inertia reel and it was old canvas. I think most stearmans were at one time dusters and were probably redone several times. They sold very cheap after ww2, many never used or flown for around 400 bucks. and a good friend, now gone, excellent AI and WW2 vet told me if a Stearman was represented as never having been an ag plane it was probably untrue. Mine was originally used by the RCAF, then was a duster in Kansas, had pulled banners at 29 palms , and was redone by a United captain and given navy colors.

Mine did not have any inertia reel and it was old canvas. I think most stearmans were at one time dusters and were probably redone several times. They sold very cheap after ww2, many never used or flown for around 400 bucks. and a good friend, now gone, excellent AI and WW2 vet told me if a Stearman was represented as never having been an ag plane it was probably untrue. Mine was originally used by the RCAF, then was a duster in Kansas, had pulled banners at 29 palms , and was redone by a United captain and given navy colors.

Yeah, there were a whole bunch retired from Ag service back in the 90s, before then seeing Stearmans was kinda rare, now they're all over the place.

What kind of carb did it have? Im like Henning...I don't see a jet rotating 90 degrees causing issues. Unless it made it loose enough to leak around it but I still don't see that, not in a 90 degree rotation.

Back