Harrison Ford down

bicycle-airbag_600a-600x400.jpg

A low pressure deployed "portable" airbag of some sort could offer protection without the restricted view. Looks goofy, but could minimize trauma.

Good point.

A full-face helmet like the one I wear on the motorcycle would be a lot better. Just now did a search and found that aviation versions are available:

http://www.comtronics-aero.com/images/helmets/R-L1_800.jpg

It would be interesting to hear from somebody who has tried them.

Last edited:
Good point.

A full-face helmet like the one I wear on the motorcycle would be a lot better. Just now did a search and found that aviation versions are available,
It would be interesting to hear from somebody who has tried them.

Almost $500.

Thank God it wan't the Millennium Falcon.

And thankfully it seems he's walked away from it.

Yes, the news will hype it. That's there job. Yes, it will be over blown.

No. On gurney into ambulance, broken bones. According to CBS.

What about those shoulder harness mounted airbags on newer aircraft like cirrus. I believe they can be retrofitted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

me%20flying%203_zps7bzl35sh.jpg

How I fly. I always wondered why no one wears a helmet. Those little leather helmets in my book are not good enough. I wear this on every flight in my little airplane.

Attachments

• me flying 3.jpg
    me flying 3.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
bicycle-airbag_600a-600x400.jpg

A low pressure deployed "portable" airbag of some sort could offer protection without the restricted view. Looks goofy, but could minimize trauma.

Maybe I'm missing something but that gizmo looks like it'd be of no good for frontal impact. It'd just slide rearwards. Side or rear impact, sure.

That said...I wouldn't mind having a little frontal impact with that. ;)

Maybe I'm missing something but that gizmo looks like it'd be of no good for frontal impact. It'd just slide rearwards. Side or rear impact, sure.

That said...I wouldn't mind having a little frontal impact with that. ;)

She needs to eat a sandwich.....or two!

To the contrary, this couldn't have happened to a better GA ambassador and when he responds with the truth after his recovery, they'll all be there to listen because he's Hollywood A list. If anyone can make lemonade out of this incident, Han Solo can.

+2 :yes:

It is reported he was at 3,000 ft, so he had enough room to make the terrible turn, but I guess was far enough away that he couldn't make the runway. A golf course with a bunch of docs on it isn't a bad place to land.

How I fly. I always wondered why no one wears a helmet. Those little leather helmets in my book are not good enough. I wear this on every flight in my little airplane.
The leather helmet that Harrison Ford is wearing in those photos is an real, modern design helmet with energy absorption properties. It just has a leather exterior for the vintage look. It is nothing like the old WWII and prior open cockpit helmets.

The leather helmet that Harrison Ford is wearing in those photos is an real, modern design helmet with energy absorption properties. It just has a leather exterior for the vintage look. It is nothing like the old WWII and prior open cockpit helmets.

I did not know this. Looks really cool, I want one. :yes:

From the article " Bonis has lobbied to close the airport as being inadequate. "This airport is remarkably close to residential areas and flight schools, which is very concerning," he said."

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
OMG, Think about the children pilots!

Just curious, would that helmet protect your face against impact with the instrument panel?

Just curious, would that helmet protect your face against impact with the instrument panel?

Only thing that will effectively keep your face from becoming one with the panel is a good, properly adjusted shoulder harness. The purpose of a helmet is to protect your brain from serious head injury.

It is reported he was at 3,000 ft, so he had enough room to make the terrible turn, but I guess was far enough away that he couldn't make the runway...

...which is why I try to get across to people, whenever the subject comes up, that altitude alone is not an effective criterion to determine whether a turnback has a chance of succeeding.

Only thing that will effectively keep your face from becoming one with the panel is a good, properly adjusted shoulder harness. The purpose of a helmet is to protect your brain from serious head injury.

:yes:

I saw a video someone shot of Harrison going down. When I saw the video he was just above the tree tops. I doubt he made it to 3000'.

On gurney into ambulance, broken bones. According to CBS.

According to the doctors on the scene first (golfers) he was out of the plane on his own power, conscious, talking, and walking. They had convinced him to lay down so CBS could get their story.

Fox News, The most trusted news source in America. Fair & Balanced :D

Last edited:
Actual photo of the crash site. It should buff right out. How much is a bumper for a Millennium Falcon? :dunno:

Rumor has it R2D2 sustained minor damage caused by Chewbacca falling on him in the crash.

Falcon_1___Medium_.jpg

Last edited:
I'm glad that my real life actor pilot hero made it safely back. He's an excellent pilot to have quickly found a safe emergency landing site without harming anyone. Speedy recovery Mr. solo we need you to get well soon to fly the Millenium Falcon!

I'm glad that my real life actor pilot hero made it safely back. He's an excellent pilot to have quickly found a safe emergency landing site without harming anyone. Speedy recovery Mr. solo we need you to get well soon to fly the Millenium Falcon!

I think the real problem here is that he won't be allowed to play the course again - he didn't replace his divot and I bet they won't even discuss leaving litter on the course.

I think the real problem here is that he won't be allowed to play the course again - he didn't replace his divot and I bet they won't even discuss leaving litter on the course.

Can you imagine the horror on the faces of the golfers playing the hole just behind the crash? "Can we play through please?" :rofl:

I'm happy, happy, happy, :D he is going to be okay. We needed a story with a good ending.

*** Please remember to FLY THE AIRPLANE FIRST! Harrison Ford did! :yes:

Can you imagine the horror on the faces of the golfers playing the hole just behind the crash? "Can we play through please?" :rofl:

I'm sure they'd get relief from fairway litter...

Actual photo of the crash site. It should buff right out. How much is a bumper for a Millennium Falcon? :dunno:

Rumor has it R2D2 sustained minor damage caused by Chewbacca falling on him in the crash.

Falcon_1___Medium_.jpg

Photo-shopped.

Any clue where you can get one? Probably be a good idea in my Flybaby.

Any clue where you can get one? Probably be a good idea in my Flybaby.

Are you worried that the strings holding your wings on will break?

:D

Back