Harrison Ford down

This will do wonders for the SMO haters.

From what I hear, Harrison Ford could teach a class on the proper way to crash a plane. I wish him well.

Harrison Ford in a crash

Don't have a link, seems to have just happened got it on tv. Looks like a PT-19 or the like, landed on a golf course, appears to be injured but ok.

Re: Harrison Ford in a crash

Moderate injuries. Was outside the open cock pit low wing. Looks like a war bird trainer.

Looks like he did a great job of putting it down and walking away.

Speedy recovery!

Last edited:

PT-22. The panel is right in your face and even with shoulder harnesses, it seems your head can still take a beating.

From what I hear, Harrison Ford could teach a class on the proper way to crash a plane. I wish him well.

Crashing on a golf course while a couple doctors are playing is as good as choice for a crash site as any...

Looks like engine failure

PT-22. The panel is right in your face and even with shoulder harnesses, it seems your head can still take a beating.

And his head did.....:sad:...

Glad he is ok........

That guy is ONE tough dude.....

Apparently their is a LiveATC recording of it.... I don't know how to find it though...

Local new is all over it. Many residents are already outside fearing for their safety. That didn't take long.

"I'll take a drop."
"Play it where it lies, or two strokes."
"But -- it's under a, plane."
"2 strokes Jerry."

Local new is all over it. Many residents are already outside fearing for their safety. That didn't take long.

I worry that they take advantage of Mr. Ford's accident and hype it up into a miracle that he did not kill trillions of innocent children after plowing into a preschool.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh2sWSVRrmo

Speedy recovery, Mr. Ford!!

One home owner is telling the News "my whole house shook, it felt like a earthquake". Really?

As i posted in the other thread, I hate when these accidents happen as it lessens the general public's views on GA even less that what they already are.

Dr. Jones, Sr.: "Junior, can you fly this thing?" Indy: "Fly, yes. Land...?"

Thank God it wan't the Millennium Falcon.

And thankfully it seems he's walked away from it.

Yes, the news will hype it. That's there job. Yes, it will be over blown.

From the article " Bonis has lobbied to close the airport as being inadequate. "This airport is remarkably close to residential areas and flight schools, which is very concerning," he said."

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Looks like the Maytag Messerschmitt's Kinner took a dump right at the wrong time. Glad he'll be ok.

There goes Blade Runner 2 for a while I suppose

Very sad to see a great man, a very pretty antique airplane and a historic and storied airport get beat up like that. I pray for a speedy recovery for all, but particularly Mr. Ford.:(

Last edited:
As i posted in the other thread, I hate when these accidents happen as it lessens the general public's views on GA even less that what they already are.

To the contrary, this couldn't have happened to a better GA ambassador and when he responds with the truth after his recovery, they'll all be there to listen because he's Hollywood A list. If anyone can make lemonade out of this incident, Han Solo can.

How long before scary Mary is on CNN ?

Yep. Here's what the back hole of a PT-22 looks like.
Faceplant city at the end of a sudden stop.
4341605666_a72947ddf0_m.jpg

To the contrary, this couldn't have happened to a better GA ambassador and when he responds with the truth after his recovery, they'll all be there to listen because he's Hollywood A list. If anyone can make lemonade out of this incident, Han Solo can.

Agreed.

This incident might be an argument for helmets. If a harness isn't enough to keep your face from hitting hard stuff.

This incident might be an argument for helmets. If a harness isn't enough to keep your face from hitting hard stuff.
Yep. I witnessed a fatal 172 crash about 12 years ago and the right seater's head could have used a helmet. I don't wear mine all the time, but I do remember what I saw. Head injuries reek.

Argue away. Don't know this was taken today, but was fairly recent. Noticeably Ford and he is wearing a helmet.

4d88ecb928911af5e3136a0afa74aea9.jpg

Jim R
Collierville, TN

N7155H--1946 Piper J-3 Cub
N3368K--1946 Globe GC-1B Swift
N4WJ--1994 Van's RV-4

Amazing how close he got to making it back to the runway. Smart that he didn't try to stretch it.

Argue away. Don't know this was taken today, but was fairly recent. Noticeably Ford and he is wearing a helmet.

Good point.

A full-face helmet like the one I wear on the motorcycle would be a lot better. Just now did a search and found that aviation versions are available,
It would be interesting to hear from somebody who has tried them.

R-L1_800.jpg

Back