Happy treason day all you ungrateful colonials!

4cf657c42e728c5c51db071e88cdfa439a3f148ef820577ddf13a20148c52bbb_1.jpg

Ah Independence Day. We freed ourselves from Government by an elite ruling class. Glad we got that solved once and for all.........................
The principles of Lex Rex are still relevant and ought to be taught and understood once again.

You'll notice the ungrateful bastidges at Google have completely ignored the occasion on today's doodle...

Who are the tyrants now?

243 years and still going. But for how much longer.??

I've found it best to maintain low expectations in every aspect of life to avoid disappointment**
As long as it lasts long enough for me to grab another cold beer, I will be a happy man! ;)
Plenty of time to worry about tomorrow. Later.

[**that's an especially useful attitude every time one pulls their decades old flying machine out of the hangar, expecting it to start, btw]

I've only lived in places covered by the Monroe Doctrine.

So I'll just be quiet, lest I get a ban when the lock arrives.

You'll notice the ungrateful bastidges at Google have completely ignored the occasion on today's doodle...

Who are the tyrants now?
Huh? Say again?

Clipboard02.png

Most don't realize we had more freedoms under King George, than we do now.

True, No FAA, Food & Drug Administration, No FCC, but under King George you didn’t have airplanes, drugs or electronic communication.

Edit: after learning today the Continental Army took over the airports, I need to amend this post.

Last edited:
Most don't realize we had more freedoms under King George, than we do now.

Given there was no FAA, can't dispute your observation Tom!

But none of them colonials could fly around the country in small airplanes.

And now for a history lesson....

Who made what is now considered the most famous speech in baseball history on this day in 1939 at Yankee stadium.??

But none of them colonials could fly around the country in small airplanes.

What? Were they afraid of spar carry-through failure? The David Clarks didn't fit over the wigs? Or maybe Mother insisted no GA flying with the family in that contraption until it has two doors, side yokes and a parachute?

My Uber-Fox-Newsish in-law family got VIP tix to the festivities at the Lincoln Memorial. "Being 25 feet from the President was cool and all, but HOLY CRAP freaking EPIC aviation flyovers!"

My Uber-Fox-Newsish in-law family got VIP tix to the festivities at the Lincoln Memorial. "Being 25 feet from the President was cool and all, but HOLY CRAP freaking EPIC aviation flyovers!"
Were you the one in the poncho getting rained on? LOL

What did they think about the speech? Here’s a great excerpt.

“In June of 1775 the Continental Congress created a unified Army out of the Revolutionary Forces encamped around Boston and New York, and named after the great George Washington, commander in chief,”
“The Continental Army suffered a bitter winter of Valley Forge, found glory across the waters of the Delaware and seized victory from Cornwallis at Yorktown. Our Army manned the air, it rammed the ramparts, it took over airports, it did everything it had to do and at Ft. McHenry under the rocket’s red glare had nothing but victory. When dawn came, the star-spangled banner waved defiant.”

.. but under Jing George you didn’t have airplanes....

Are you sure?

Okay, Sparkies.

What I was trying to convey, is that I was not there. My opinionated in-laws were. Despite being in the shadow of their gawd, the most impressive thing for them today was the aviation content. I found that piece of objectivity remarkable.

You may now carry on.

Okay, Sparkies.

What I was trying to convey, is that I was not there. My opinionated in-laws were. Despite being in the shadow of their gawd, the most impressive thing for them today was the aviation content. I found that piece of objectivity remarkable.

You may now carry on.
Sounded like you were there. I applaud you for not being there. You may now carry on. :)

Okay, Sparkies.

You may now carry on.
Thanks for the PIREP!

No flag, nothing patriotic. Just a stupid baseball theme. Bastidges...

That's what I was going to say. The 4th is about baseball? Not even a flag there. It's pretty obvious that it's intentional.

Good on us, America - the country with the second oldest continuous form of government on the planet - nod to Iceland (and maybe the Isle of Man).

Were there any well wishes from "them?" All I see today is about Archie's Christening. You would think the Royals could at least say something nice about us. We are supposed to be friends after all.

What did they think about the speech? Here’s a great excerpt.

“In June of 1775 the Continental Congress created a unified Army out of the Revolutionary Forces encamped around Boston and New York, and named after the great George Washington, commander in chief,”
“The Continental Army suffered a bitter winter of Valley Forge, found glory across the waters of the Delaware and seized victory from Cornwallis at Yorktown. Our Army manned the air, it rammed the ramparts, it took over airports, it did everything it had to do and at Ft. McHenry under the rocket’s red glare had nothing but victory. When dawn came, the star-spangled banner waved defiant.”

Are you sure?

OMG he said airports instead of ports. He needs to be hung.

Back