Guy at Atlantic Aviation at KAUS prohibited me from taking a photo of a jet

Bill Clinton, Mark Pryor and Governnor Bebee ....there, I did it! All at the Conway Airport.

Sup now? Didn't think so.....:rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMAG0149.jpg
    IMAG0149.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 83
I know at the FBO where I work that a FBO contract for one of the largest fractional operators shows that the FBO can not permit photos of any of their aircraft or customers without the operators approval.
I'm not saying this is right or wrong or what happened in this scenario but just is what popped in my head.

I'm familiar with some of those contracts. The contracts usually say that those photos or company logos cannot appear in any promotional material without permission. The company wants to avoid the photos/logos being misconstrued as an endorsement.

A year or two ago I took video of an E-3 on approach for a touch and go outside of tinker afb (maybe not the smartest place to do it but they come right over the freeway and it's awesome.

A lady drove past and circled back and asked me if I was taking video and why. I told her yeah and because I like planes. She asked me to follow her to the front gate and I did. She had a talk with the gate guards before I pulled up almost like she was telling them what to say and they told me that they would prefer if I deleted the video for security reasons, even though they couldn't make me. I deleted it, they said thanks, and that was that. The lady had told me that if it wasn't for shift change or something that there would be cops everywhere and I would be detained. Oookay.

If you didn't want people taking video of your AWACS jets, maybe you shouldn't fly them in the middle of a state capitol :dunno: if someone wanted to do some thing nefarious with them or shoot good pics o them, bigger cameras a block or two away from the freeway would be more than enough

It was brought up last time I told the story that it could have been filming the base facilities but I was clearly following and focused on the jet.
Shortly after 9/11 a local television station sent a cameraman to take stock video of planes taking off and landing in Iowa City. He asked if he could shoot from our hotel parking lot, which was adjacent to the airport. I gave him permission, of course.

Some paranoid SOB called the cops! Soon, we had a squad car in our lot (always great for business) as this complete ******** LEO tried to order the television station cameraman to get off of my property. Property that I had given explicit permission to occupy.

That mattered not at all. No amount of talking to the cop helped, and eventally he bullied the cameraman into leaving.

That was my first experience with an out of control LEO. It has not been my last, although things have improved in recent years.

So, James, let me translate that for you: Don't try that little trick with the wrong guy. You will either get a well deserved smack down (self defense) or you will be leaving in the back of a cop car...

:rofl:

Jesus dude.

Is it really that much of a crazy concept that taking photos of folks and their property without their consent is a little sensitive of a matter, if you see you're making folks uncomfortable it would not only be the right thing to do to stop, but also the smart thing?

Taking photos of someone having a heart attack or who was involved in a accident is just adding fuel to a already emotional fire?

As for the end up in a cop car bit, yeah, go creeper mode on folks and wait till the cops arrive, no one has any sympathy for folks doing that crap, especially nowadays with all the drones in the news.

Here the outcome, creep gets a busted lip and camera, SD card gets dislodged and lost in the scuffle, witnesses (who are all likely with the party who didn't want their photo taken) all will say you were politley asked to not take photos, you became irate and attempted to strike the person it appeared you were stalking with your camera, the party who didn't want their photo taken defended the self, others assisted.

Same deal with folks in the backcountry could end up much differently.

Look, you got to be messing with me, you're really defending this behavior? Is it too much to respect others? If someone doesn't want you to take photos of them, their family or their property, just be respectful and go take pictures of something else....man

Don't look for trouble.

Jesus dude.

Is it really that much of a crazy concept that taking photos of folks and their property without their consent is a little sensitive of a matter, if you see you're making folks uncomfortable it would not only be the right thing to do to stop, but also the smart thing?

Taking photos of someone having a heart attack or who was involved in a accident is just adding fuel to a already emotional fire?

As for the end up in a cop car bit, yeah, go creeper mode on folks and wait till the cops arrive, no one has any sympathy for folks doing that crap, especially nowadays with all the drones in the news.

Here the outcome, creep gets a busted lip and camera, SD card gets dislodged and lost in the scuffle, witnesses (who are all likely with the party who didn't want their photo taken) all will say you were politley asked to not take photos, you became irate and attempted to strike the person it appeared you were stalking with your camera, the party who didn't want their photo taken defended the self, others assisted.

Look, you got to be messing with me, you're really defending this behavior? Is it too much to respect others? If someone doesn't want you to take photos of them, their family or their property, just be respectful and go take pictures of something else....man

Don't look for trouble.

Yup...

In Wyoming , we call that a "HUNTING ACCIDENT"..;);););):D

Just did a Google search on my N number, and found this:

06a0fb8f72a55ba22eae07c46443f640.jpg

Should I have the photographer arrested?

Good grief, people, this is a simple concept. You want privacy? Don't land at a public airport.

Jesus dude.

Why so much anger bro? :rofl:

Who said anything about that? We're talking about taking pictures of planes.

:lol:

Nah, you got it wrong. I'm going to tell you the way it would go down as a favor, to help you out my friend. The outcome is the little pilot guy gets in the face of the photographer who is just trying to take a picture of the pretty PC12. Instead of reasoning with him, this little douche decides to grab the camera like he is a rockstar dealing with paparazzi. Camera is damaged and the photographer suffers a cut lip. The photographer defends himself and fells the little fellow down to the ground with one strong slap. His nice white uniform is all messed up now and one of the five stripes on his epaulets get dislodged (the extra one he had velcroed into place). Worse than that, a bystander has seen this altercation and calls the police. The sobbing little pilot dude is then arrested, and transported to the local county jail for an evening of receptive anal sex.

:D

That is more likely the way it would go down.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Tough guy! How short are you?

Don't look for trouble.

Chill, dude, we're talking about people who love planes just taking pictures of planes. We don't care about your "girl" or whatever you've got going on. Frankly, you're just not interesting enough.

LOL Long Blinker, I was typing a response, but I think you summarized it better than I could have.

Try to stop me forcibly from taking your photo and it's going to end badly for you. Ask me nicely and I'll stop. I take photos of planes because I like planes. Most of the time, people ask me if I'll send them the photos. I've only had one guy who didn't think I had the right to take photos of his plane.

I'm not taking a photo to use against someone! In fact, as much as I hate the FAA, if I do get a photo of you doing something wrong it's going to be deleted!

This guy has a serious anger problem and I'm not sure where he's from, but I recommend he stays out of Texas. We're very friendly, but we don't take much crap and a lot of us carry.

BTW, if any of you are from Texas and go to fly-ins, go to the "My Photos" link in my signature and see if you're there. I'm trying to add N-Numbers so you can search that way. I'm heading to Blakesburg in a few weeks and hope to come away with tons of photos of some really cool planes.

Jay, I tried to get you at Reklaw last year, but I think you were blurry that day!

LOL Long Blinker, I was typing a response, but I think you summarized it better than I could have.

Try to stop me forcibly from taking your photo and it's going to end badly for you. Ask me nicely and I'll stop. I take photos of planes because I like planes. Most of the time, people ask me if I'll send them the photos. I've only had one guy who didn't think I had the right to take photos of his plane.

I'm not taking a photo to use against someone! In fact, as much as I hate the FAA, if I do get a photo of you doing something wrong it's going to be deleted!

This guy has a serious anger problem and I'm not sure where he's from, but I recommend he stays out of Texas. We're very friendly, but we don't take much crap and a lot of us carry.
I carry, I'm a Texan, and I feel flattered when people take pictures or videos of me and my plane. Several have even found me on Facebook to later offer them to me when I had no idea to begin with!

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

He's just looking for a fight behind a keyboard. I guess I'm a big enough guy that someone trying to take my camera from me and beat me with it doesn't really scare me!
It's just amazing how big some people are when sitting at a keyboard, isn't it?

I only have one person, Jay, on ignore. That just became two.

I thought of this thread as I took this picture today. No one tried to stop me but I was pretty quick and fairly far away, which is why it didn't come out too well on my phone.

373a2d5f52b1e6fc531bc81a2c078b64.jpg

I thought of this thread as I took this picture today. No one tried to stop me but I was pretty quick and fairly far away, which is why it didn't come out too well on my phone.

373a2d5f52b1e6fc531bc81a2c078b64.jpg

We get a few making low passes through here every once and a while.... Their props are HUGE....:yes:

BTW, if any of you are from Texas and go to fly-ins, go to the "My Photos" link in my signature and see if you're there. I'm trying to add N-Numbers so you can search that way. I'm heading to Blakesburg in a few weeks and hope to come away with tons of photos of some really cool planes.

Jay, I tried to get you at Reklaw last year, but I think you were blurry that day!
Dang. You could have caught my three-landing landing at Reklaw's ski jump, er, runway... ;)

Have fun at Blakesburg! We went every year, when we lived in Iowa. It's truly one of the top three fly-ins in America, IMHO.

Why so much anger bro? :rofl:

Who said anything about that? We're talking about taking pictures of planes.

:lol:

Nah, you got it wrong. I'm going to tell you the way it would go down as a favor, to help you out my friend. The outcome is the little pilot guy gets in the face of the photographer who is just trying to take a picture of the pretty PC12. Instead of reasoning with him, this little douche decides to grab the camera like he is a rockstar dealing with paparazzi. Camera is damaged and the photographer suffers a cut lip. The photographer defends himself and fells the little fellow down to the ground with one strong slap. His nice white uniform is all messed up now and one of the five stripes on his epaulets get dislodged (the extra one he had velcroed into place). Worse than that, a bystander has seen this altercation and calls the police. The sobbing little pilot dude is then arrested, and transported to the local county jail for an evening of receptive anal sex.

:D

That is more likely the way it would go down.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Tough guy! How short are you?

Chill, dude, we're talking about people who love planes just taking pictures of planes. We don't care about your "girl" or whatever you've got going on. Frankly, you're just not interesting enough.

No anger :)

I just find some of this "I'll photography anything I want, it's my right" stuff odd.

You want to take photos of planes sitting on a ramp, fine as no one takes issue with their plane being photographed.

Take photos of people getting loaded in a medevac on a ramp, not so much.

Photos of people getting in and out of planes on a ramp, not so much.

If I saw someone taking photos of my plane, I'd probably be fine with it as long as they didn't give me a weird vibe, however if I did say "hey I really don't want photos taken of me and my plane right now" for whatever reason, I'd expect a rational person to be respectful.

If you're into taking photos of stuff that's cool, just be respectful is all I am, and have been, saying.

...I'm also not exactly some 5'2 skinny anti-gun vegan :D

No anger :)

. . .

If I saw someone taking photos of my plane, I'd probably be fine with it as long as they didn't give me a weird vibe, however if I did say "hey I really don't want photos taken of me and my plane right now" for whatever reason, I'd expect a rational person to be respectful.
And if he didn't respect your authoritay, you'd hit him, as you've said. And in your world, he's the one who gets to ride in a police car. Where is that, exactly?

Trying to prevent a photo being taken is like trying to stop the sun from rising. End of story.

A year or two ago I took video of an E-3 on approach for a touch and go outside of tinker afb (maybe not the smartest place to do it but they come right over the freeway and it's awesome.

A lady drove past and circled back and asked me if I was taking video and why. I told her yeah and because I like planes. She asked me to follow her to the front gate and I did. She had a talk with the gate guards before I pulled up almost like she was telling them what to say and they told me that they would prefer if I deleted the video for security reasons, even though they couldn't make me. I deleted it, they said thanks, and that was that. The lady had told me that if it wasn't for shift change or something that there would be cops everywhere and I would be detained. Oookay.

If you didn't want people taking video of your AWACS jets, maybe you shouldn't fly them in the middle of a state capitol :dunno: if someone wanted to do some thing nefarious with them or shoot good pics o them, bigger cameras a block or two away from the freeway would be more than enough

It was brought up last time I told the story that it could have been filming the base facilities but I was clearly following and focused on the jet.

You were standing on a public roadway taking pictures of public aircraft in public airspace and the cops are going to detain you for it?

Ooc...

I was there to pick up this plane and ferry it for some repairs. It was the first time I'd been there, but I liked their terminal. Nice and cool on a hot day and plenty of windows to see the runway!

Hey Parker County! I had to wait out a thunderstorm there on my way back to DTO a couple months ago!

He's just looking for a fight behind a keyboard. I guess I'm a big enough guy that someone trying to take my camera from me and beat me with it doesn't really scare me! I will take photos of any airplane I want to, simple as that.

To be completely fair, I guess I do fall into the creeper category though... I've taken quite a few pictures of the old girls without their pants on...
19714857619_d722336de8_b.jpg

Sweet looking bird!! :yes:

Oh I'm sorry for reposting your airplane's pic without your permission. Please don't call the cops.

:goofy:

LOL, not my plane, but I'll let my friend know to file the lawsuit against you! I did take the photo though, so maybe I'll join!

You'll recognize me... I'll be the guy with the bashed in teeth because I took a photo of someone's plane without permission.

Sweet looking bird!! :yes:

Oh I'm sorry for reposting your airplane's pic without your permission. Please don't call the cops.

:goofy:

You were standing on a public roadway taking pictures of public aircraft in public airspace and the cops are going to detain you for it?

Ooc...

Happens far too often, and with everyone having a cell phone with a camera these days, we're becoming more aware of it. I've seen videos in the past of planespotters who were standing on a public sidewalk or a park and were handcuffed, detained, and questioned as to why they're taking pictures of airplanes.

You'll find more videos on YouTube of people getting detained and questioned for filming a particular building or filming a police officer. Often times it will lead to an arrest which almost always gets thrown out but still, people are being cuffed and questioned for taking pictures in a public area.

Happens far too often, and with everyone having a cell phone with a camera these days, we're becoming more aware of it. I've seen videos in the past of planespotters who were standing on a public sidewalk or a park and were handcuffed, detained, and questioned as to why they're taking pictures of airplanes.

You'll find more videos on YouTube of people getting detained and questioned for filming a particular building or filming a police officer. Often times it will lead to an arrest which almost always gets thrown out but still, people are being cuffed and questioned for taking pictures in a public area.

The guvmint is clearly out of control....:mad2::mad2::mad:

Cool, so you're cool with someone taking pictures of your kids at the park? Your wife at yoga class? Your loved one as they die on the side of the road after a crash?

Just because you have the right to do something doesn't mean you should.

But its my choice, not yours. If you don't want your picture taken avoid public venues.

But its my choice, not yours. If you don't want your picture taken avoid public venues.

This is why we have to have all these dumb laws and piles of "law enforcers" and courts.

It's sad folks can't just be respectful and nice.

If someone doesn't want you snapping pictures of his person or property, just go take photos of something else, do you really need laws to tell you what's right and wrong? Common sense much?

I couldn't imagine continuing to take picture of someone's person, family or property after they ask me to stop, what's wrong with folks.

This is why we have to have all these dumb laws and piles of "law enforcers" and courts.

It's sad folks can't just be respectful and nice.

If someone doesn't want you snapping pictures of his person or property, just go take photos of something else, do you really need laws to tell you what's right and wrong? Common sense much?

I couldn't imagine continuing to take picture of someone's person, family or property after they ask me to stop, what's wrong with folks.

You know, your "just be respectful" mantra is inconsistent with your initial message. The message, I might add, that has generated most of the angst in this thread. Maybe you should backtrack that "...come to jesus" threat. :)

You know, your "just be respectful" mantra is inconsistent with your initial message. The message, I might add, that has generated most of the angst in this thread. Maybe you should backtrack that "...come to jesus" threat. :)

As said over and over I'd ask them to stop first.

As for other comment, the work plane typically is on the ramp off loading or bringing in very sick or injured, if you're taking photos of that your a sick SOB.

Still a "hey please don't take photos" should always be fine, the come to Jesus is the same as how those idiots on YouTube end up in cuffs, someone makes a nice request and they say "it my right" and start going photo crazy just to tick the person off.

As said over and over I'd ask them to stop first.

As for other comment, the work plane typically is on the ramp off loading or bringing in very sick or injured, if you're taking photos of that your a sick SOB.

Still a "hey please don't take photos" should always be fine, the come to Jesus is the same as how those idiots on YouTube end up in cuffs, someone makes a nice request and they say "it my right" and start going photo crazy just to tick the person off.

And if that ticked off person can't control his anger he will be the violator and the one in the back of the cop car. If the photographer is within his rights and you attack him you are going to be the one in trouble.

Bottom line:

People have different opinions about what's "right" and "wrong", "creepy" or "normal".

We have laws and courts to help better define and enforce those concepts.

Those who are not content to follow the law are called criminals. Those who feel the need to act as judge and jury themselves are called vigilantes. Both are considered bad guys by civilized folk.

Back