Greg caused all of this...

Am I right to think that if that deranged fool bombs anyone, he will be forcibly driven from power, his military violently castrated, other unpleasantries would follow?

Am I right to think that if that deranged fool bombs anyone, he will be forcibly driven from power, his military violently castrated, other unpleasantries would follow?

Yes, Fire and Fury will follow!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I went to Guam in 1977. I was ten.

The two things I remember are a restaurant called "Yakatori 2" and listening to Foreigner on my brothers stereo (headsets) while everyone was sleeping.

No. North Korea will become a very large, glass parking lot, unusable for about 50,000 years.

Even China will disavow NK.

But all kidding aside, the #1 concern (at least to me) is the close proximity of South Korea for any military retaliation. No nukes allowed. The SK's are friends. They're more worried than we are. Hm...is a tactical, low-yield practical?

Where's Rainbow Size when you really need them?

Last edited:

Either that or Jimmy Carter and Dennis Rodman will be sent in to have another chat?

794a130603f61333d5be1f8306da003e.jpeg

I wonder what that is going to do to tourism there. Most of our business in Guam is tourism.
Yeah, but Japanese tourists. They're used to N. Korean bluster.

As long as Lil' Kim leaves the Viking Club and Club USA standing among the rubble, Guam will still be okay.

A friend in a midwestern state has said that reserves were being called up to go to Asia.

I see two B-1Bs from Ellsworth are on station now.

That plane looked both purposeful and a really mean sum-beetch from every angle I examined it on the ramp at OSH.

Definitely one of the best looking bombers out there. Course, supersonic you won't have time to see it before you done get blowed up.

Please specify which deranged fool to which you are referring.

Definitely one of the best looking bombers out there. Course, supersonic you won't have time to see it before you done get blowed up.
There's that....then there's a few subs full of tomahawks setting a few miles off their coast that would hit them while they are watching the bombers...

I spent four of my first five years in Guam. I remember the McDonalds with the huge giant M. There was only one.

I wonder if they're capable of hitting that small island? ...probably the safest place on the planet at the moment. :D

No. North Korea will become a very large, glass parking lot, unusable for about 50,000 years.
^^^^THIS.

We still do have all those MOAB's we used on Syria a few months back that will expire at the end of this year....just sayin.

Pretty much. As long as we don't shoot first, and our BMD assets work as advertised, we're good. Fat kid is toast. Russians and Chinese are fed up with him.

Best COA is for the Chinese or Russians to take him out first.

I'm sure no one in 7th Fleet is sleeping much right now.

At the same time, it is worth pointing out (I can't take credit for this- a fellow officer pointed it out) that tensions can't be that high if dependents are still on the peninsula. A lot of this is the media building the hype. POTUS as had a relatively quiet week, so they need something to get excited about.

Last edited:
Have a brother in Seoul South Korea which is likely to get hit very hard if the shooting starts. Sure would like to see him get the heck out of there.

Yeah, but Japanese tourists. They're used to N. Korean bluster.

As long as Lil' Kim leaves the Viking Club and Club USA standing among the rubble, Guam will still be okay.
Don't forget about G Spot!

...Course, supersonic you won't have time to see it before you done get blowed up.

Or, alternative description, a very personal come from together?

Reactions: Ted
An alternate point of view -- we should stop sticking our noses in the business of people halfway around the world.

Tricky in this case since Guam is actually a U.S. Territory, but perhaps a phased cutting them loose could be in order?

An alternate point of view -- we should stop sticking our noses in the business of people halfway around the world.

Sounds good in theory, but when they make it a business to threaten our security, that sort of makes it our business.

Tricky in this case since Guam is actually a U.S. Territory, but perhaps a phased cutting them loose could be in order?

Cutting who loose? Guam? There is a minor movement going on there that is trying to accomplish just that. Probably won't get very far. Besides, it makes strategic sense, at least in my opinion, to have a military presence in that part of the world. I doubt that the US is willing to give that up.

Sounds good in theory, but when they make it a business to threaten our security, that sort of makes it our business.

I would agree if it is a credible threat to the US itself and clear and present danger. Not sure if NK qualifies quite yet, though definitely getting close. OTOH, I suspect if we withdrew from protecting SK, NK might be satisfied and stop threatening us.

I would agree if it is a credible threat to the US itself and clear and present danger. Not sure if NK qualifies quite yet, though definitely getting close.

You are entitled to your opinion.

OTOH, I suspect if we withdrew from protecting SK, NK might be satisfied and stop threatening us.

And I suspect as soon as we did that, NK would try, maybe succeed, to overrun SK. Is that something we want to have happen?

I suspect if we withdrew from protecting SK, NK might be satisfied and stop threatening us.

Don't even think that's necessary. We just have to sign the peace treaty they've been looking for. (Which would imply accepting their nukes).

Not 100% sure that would be the outcome, given other regional players and their interests, but it could be. Personally I don't think that would be a good outcome, but I also personally don't think the US government should be in the business of forcing citizens to pay for the use of violence to prevent it.

If individuals here in the US want themselves to go over there to help fight for SK freedom, I think that is their choice of what to do with their lives. If they want to send money to SK to help fight NK for its freedom, I think that is also fine, more power to them for being willing to make a contribution for what they believe in.

What I object to is one group of corporations and people in the US forcing everyone to help pay for the fight they want to make, when that fight is not a clear and present danger to the US itself.

That sure worked out good in the 20s and 30s up to 07DEC1941.

Back