Great instructional video on how to let airline pilots know you too are a pilot

The only thing he left out was buying a copy of Flying magazine to display prominently while boarding. And maybe bringing your flight bag as a carry-on.

The only thing he left out was buying a copy of Flying magazine to display prominently while boarding. And maybe bringing your flight bag as a carry-on.

Actually, I had that experience while riding the Intel shuttle from Hillsboro to Arizona once. I was sitting in the back of the ERJ 135 reading AOPA Pilot (probably with an AOPA ball cap on) when one of the pilots came back to use the can. He saw my hat and magazine and stopped to talk. Learned a bit about the 135 and their experiences during that conversation. It was great.

It irks me to see non-pilots wearing Ray Ban aviators and bomber jackets. There should be a law that you have to show your Wright Brothers plastic in order to buy them.

I can get you a members only jacket if it'll make you feel better.

Nothing screams "I'm a pilot!" more than epaulets. Lots and lots of epaulets.

Like Paul is showing us at 3:37 here (they get longer throughout the vid LOL):
I definitely enjoyed that video. Pretty good.

It irks me to see non-pilots wearing Ray Ban aviators and bomber jackets. There should be a law that you have to show your Wright Brothers plastic in order to buy them.

Stolen valor!

That’s a great video- I’ve really been working this year to keep em tight and within reason the tighter I do the better the landing seems to be... really been aiming for staying high and really cutting it to idle on final early when necessary and find the resulting landings far more rewarding than dragging her in... sorry for the drift :)

I had a good laugh with a crew a few months ago. I had waited for everyone to deplane like normal and proceeded to start crossing seatbelts in the cabin. One of the flight attendants walked up with a puzzled look and inquired why I was doing that. It was only then I realized it was an old habit from my airline days as this was my first flight since leaving. Once I explained they had a good laugh and conversation as I walked off.

I had a good laugh with a crew a few months ago. I had waited for everyone to deplane like normal and proceeded to start crossing seatbelts in the cabin. One of the flight attendants walked up with a puzzled look and inquired why I was doing that. It was only then I realized it was an old habit from my airline days as this was my first flight since leaving. Once I explained they had a good laugh and conversation as I walked off.
Was that before or after they failed the line check;)

Love it!!!

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

I think both videos are, well... stupid.

Neither were actually funny, and I don’t understand how the stripes pertain to pattern size.

Last edited:
Back