Grand Canyon Flight with 7 cameras

David Loftus

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
dmloftus
A few recent posts about the Grand Canyon so I'll share my latest flight from May 2023 to Vegas via KGCN in my DA40. Video from every angle, including 5 Gopro and other action cameras, one a Gopro Max 360-degree cam mounted on the tail, my Sony Superzoom RX10 mirrorless, and iPhone. Spectacular trip.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, which I am very familiar with as a photographer, the video just isn't the same as being there in person, and yes, I took a look at the video.

That KLZU-KMLC-KABQ run was what, 10-11 hours of flying that day? That's some impressive stamina.

That KLZU-KMLC-KABQ run was what, 10-11 hours of flying that day? That's some impressive stamina.
Haha, long day but the trip east was even better. My route home to KLZU was blocked by t-storms in TX and Southeast, so I flew north up through Salt Lake City, then across I-70, I-74 to visit family in Cincinnati in one day. That was a long day, 5am takeoff from Vegas, two refueling stops, and landed in Ohio just before midnight. Very long day with 135 ktas LOP.

Back