Give Sac an Answer

So there's like this BBQ place on 20th and Mission called Pete's, gets great Yelps, and appears to have huge plates of ribs. Looks like they have cole slaw too.

Next BBQ adventure?

Im in!

Wait, isn't Sac the one who is supposed to ask the question? All the rest of us provide the answers...

I thought you were standing in for Sac. Now I see that you were making it more interesting for him to respond.

Will the next person that does a time travel please pick me up a couple pairs of socks?

I thought you were standing in for Sac. Now I see that you were making it more interesting for him to respond.

Yes, a very interesting thing happened at the BBQ place last Friday.

It's like we were walking along the sidewalk on the way back to our respective Muni routes and parking garages, and there was a blinding flash of light that came out of nowhere. I think it was aliens sitting on top of Coit tower but I can't be sure. But anyway, the next thing I knew, I was looking at myself! Like WTF.

I shrugged it off, but continued on my Muni route back to the back to the place. Wait, back to the place? WTF, I don't live here, I'm supposed to be driving back to work! Well, I figure I'll clean up a bit and head back to the garage, so I go in to the bathroom and look in to the mirror and I see...

An Asian chick!

Holy crap. I reach down. What are those? I reach down further. Where is that? Wow. Then I figured it out. We totally SWITCHED PERSONALITIES!! This took me aback. After thinking about it, maybe this could work out. It's now more fun to touch myself, plus I get to fly a jet!

But let's think about this for a minute.

What's she doing now she's in my body?

Getting ready for a 100-mile bike ride by suiting up in those tight biker shorts. Or maybe not...

Oh my god, wear the long ones please. It's cold outside.

How do you start this thing anyway?

Ah I bagged it. I'll give it a shot tomorrow, told the PAX the left mag was making funny noises and Aamco couldn't get to it until later tonight.

That's some good ginger ale in the fridge. Looks home made?

Leopard skin yoga pants? Seriously?

Sauce on barbeque?? :no:

You can get strung up in Texas for doing that.

The only reason for putting sauce of any kind on barbeque is if it's bad barbeque. ;)
There are some good sauces for good brisket. The sauce at Black's is amazing and worth it, but their brisket is amazing to begin with. It has to be one that doesn't taste like tomato, though.

Well all I can say is that the pulled pork was pretty good, as was the dandelion potato salad. Sac looked like he was having a great time with the brisket and cole slaw. If I were him, that's exactly what I'd get.

Okay.

Here's how it went down:

Them: Damn Arrow, a little bit early for a burger run?

Me: You think? I totally had a burger attack. Say, I have a problem... These things are wedged in the bag tight. I wonder how I'm going to pull them out without destroying them? Plus they make a huge mess....

Them: We have an idea....

So..what started with this:

attachment.php

Ended up like this:

attachment.php

Way to go guys!

Attachments

• IMG_2818.JPG
    IMG_2818.JPG
    173.1 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_2819.JPG
    IMG_2819.JPG
    221.4 KB · Views: 148
Okay.

Here's how it went down:

Them: Damn Arrow, a little bit early for a burger run?

Me: You think? I totally had a burger attack. Say, I have a problem... These things are wedged in the bag tight. I wonder how I'm going to pull them out without destroying them? Plus they make a huge mess....

Them: We have an idea....

So..what started with this:

Ended up like this:

Way to go guys!

First World, California Only problems? LOL

All right. I don't have a picture, but I don't really need one. I'm sitting in the steam room right, and I notice a new fixture. A large, circular temperature gauge, with a range of 0-120F.

On the lower portion of the dial is a relative humidity gauge, with a range of 30% to 80%. Of course it was pegged on 80.

If you're going to include a humidity gauge, why wouldn't you have it span the full range?

All right. I don't have a picture, but I don't really need one. I'm sitting in the steam room right, and I notice a new fixture. A large, circular temperature gauge, with a range of 0-120F.

On the lower portion of the dial is a relative humidity gauge, with a range of 30% to 80%. Of course it was pegged on 80.

If you're going to include a humidity gauge, why wouldn't you have it span the full range?

Getting way too much imagery from you the past few weeks Sac. Just sayin'.

My opinion is laziness/stupidity/cheapskate on the gauge issue. Just pick one or more.

David

Getting way too much imagery from you the past few weeks Sac. Just sayin'.

My opinion is laziness/stupidity/cheapskate on the gauge issue. Just pick one or more.

David

Hey now, I could have included the 300 lb old bald guy sitting in the corner, but I didn't. This is the guy that spends an hour in the locker room walking around naked. His nut sack literally looks like a sagging burlap bag full of potatoes when he bends over.

Anyway, cheap? I can't believe it costs any more make the scale 0-100%. It's the first time I've seen such a thing.

Hey now, I could have included the 300 lb old bald guy sitting in the corner, but I didn't. This is the guy that spends an hour in the locker room walking around naked. His nut sack literally looks like a sagging burlap bag full of potatoes when he bends over.

Anyway, cheap? I can't believe it costs any more make the scale 0-100%. It's the first time I've seen such a thing.

I hate those guys, they stand at the sinks neked too, bumping their junk up against the sink, put a fricking towel on.

Okay here's another question. Setting - see the image below:

attachment.php

That's egg, bacon and cheese on a toasted bagel with garlic butter. Each half is about the size of an Egg mcMuff. Maybe even a little bigger. It was totally hella good.

Now... NOW, someone showed up with donuts!! The fact that they will end up being sliced to pieces mercilessly notwithstanding, should I:

1. Hold the course, don't eat anything more until lunch.

2. Don't eat anything more until dinner. I don't normally eat breakfast and I usually have to skip lunch if I do.

3. Have a donut. But it's a gateway drug, and I'll have more donuts.

4. Totally go on a burger attack, buns and all. Maybe even get some onion rings. Last time I did that I did like two double quarter pounders with cheese, a double whopper with cheese, and a Carl's six dollar burger, and that was after eating another breakfast burrito. I was in beast mode. Beast mode is bad.

The breakfast bagel came from the French-Vietnamese cafe owned by the Korean. I didn't really want to eat but she hooked me up real tight this morning when I got coffee. I think she's trying to kill me.

I recommend option #1 as we don't know what the bagel will do to you since you are not used to having carbs in your system. Having any more you risk an allergic reaction or worse, binge eating!

Stay the course! Call your support group and go to a meeting. "12 steps to a carb free life" or whatever group would cover that.

Perhaps the gauge is not accurate in the 80-100 range and denoting that would just confused too many sheeple.

I recommend option #1 as we don't know what the bagel will do to you since you are not used to having carbs in your system. Having any more you risk an allergic reaction or worse, binge eating!

Stay the course! Call your support group and go to a meeting. "12 steps to a carb free life" or whatever group would cover that.

That support group isn't POA, as I generally get vilified over going bunless.

That support group isn't POA, as I generally get vilified over going bunless.

I have decided to accept the bunlessness and may try it some day myself. I saw taco shell-less tacos on The Biggest Loser the other night. Looks interesting.

David

I have decided to accept the bunlessness and may try it some day myself. I saw taco shell-less tacos on The Biggest Loser the other night. Looks interesting.

David

I believe that's called a taco salad.

That reminds me of a really bad joke to which the punchline is "so then why did God shape it like a taco?"

I've actually been collecting photos of the same crap that happens at Sac's office with this whole cutting of goodies in half thing at my office. I just keep forgetting to post them.

It's some sort of epidemic.

I've actually been collecting photos of the same crap that happens at Sac's office with this whole cutting of goodies in half thing at my office. I just keep forgetting to post them.

It's some sort of epidemic.
I know someone who breaks off pieces of goodies with their hands. And he is not female. It doesn't bother me, but I know other people who are more squeamish about it.

I know someone who breaks off pieces of goodies with their hands. And he is not female. It doesn't bother me, but I know other people who are more squeamish about it.

You mean like manually ripping donuts apart?

You mean like manually ripping donuts apart?
Yes...

I didn't think anything about it one way or another until someone else we work with commented on it... and I saw this post.

Yes...

I didn't think anything about it one way or another until someone else we work with commented on it... and I saw this post.

To me it's not so much of an issue of getting fingers on the donut, it's the fact that it has been compromised. You either take a whole donut, or leave it. If you cut in to it, it's yours.

To me it's not so much of an issue of getting fingers on the donut, it's the fact that it has been compromised. You either take a whole donut, or leave it. If you cut in to it, it's yours.
I think that's a waste if you only want half a donut. Someone else might also only want half a donut.

I think that's a waste if you only want half a donut. Someone else might also only want half a donut.

Perhaps, but it's presumptive to assume there are others that may want only half a donut. Time after time half donuts get discarded at the end of the day because nobody wants them. I won't take someone else's half donut. I mean, if there are two people that want to split a donut, that's great.

Perhaps, but it's presumptive to assume there are others that may want only half a donut. Time after time half donuts get discarded at the end of the day because nobody wants them. I won't take someone else's half donut. I mean, if there are two people that want to split a donut, that's great.

The algebra is simple:

Wasting at end-of-day=wasting immediately - 1/2 donute opportunity for some period of time

I'll take a half a donut that is lying there before I slice another one in half. I don't know about where you work but food rarely gets discarded around here. There are always scavengers.

Could leaving half a doughnut be worse than leaving half the cole slaw?

(Obligatory slaw post)

I'll take a half a donut that is lying there before I slice another one in half. I don't know about where you work but food rarely gets discarded around here. There are always scavengers.

Where do you guys work?

Put a couple of grad students in the mix, and there is no leftover food, ever. Plus you have to watch your fingers if you try to get any, or you may lose them.

Half donuts? Sheesh, all I ever see are empty plates.

Back