Getting back in the saddle

Tom-D

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
Tom-D
It has been a very long time since I have done any time in a C-182, and none in a late model 182-p

I've booked a very high time 182 commercial pilot to get me going again.

any suggestions on what/how to go about this .

Who’d you go with?

Probably a good dude at Harvey

It has been a very long time since I have done any time in a C-182, and none in a late model 182-p

I've booked a very high time 182 commercial pilot to get me going again.

any suggestions on what/how to go about this .

Curls and leg presses (left leg optional).

You'll do fine.

No actually an old San Juan airlines pilot. 11,000 hours in 182 late model.

I’d wager you’ll be fine, have fun Tom and welcome back :)

Read through a few pages of the POH every night. Learn the basic V speeds.

Then go fly and have fun.

So you fly 170s all the time or own one, can't remember. You'll be fine Chief.

So you fly 170s all the time or own one, can't remember. You'll be fine Chief.
I no longer own anything, one of my customers teaches in his 170, and keeps me current, although wobbly. :) I occasionally fly a 172, that I maintain for the use of it. last year 10 hours, most of that with a CFI.

Read through a few pages of the POH every night. Learn the basic V speeds.

Then go fly and have fun.

:yeahthat:

Memorize the speeds, review the emergency procedures, go have some fun and enjoy!
Where you are when its VFR you are flying over stunningly beautiful landscapes, you lucky b@$[@#&. ;)

Relax ,enjoy the experience,it should all come back to you.

I no longer own anything, one of my customers teaches in his 170, and keeps me current, although wobbly. :) I occasionally fly a 172, that I maintain for the use of it. last year 10 hours, most of that with a CFI.

170, 172, you got this Chief.mjust a bit heavier nose.

Think of it as a 172 on steroids. Definitely heavier and faster. Add a couple controls (prop and cowl flaps), learn the speeds and you'll be good to go.

I started and ran the P-Ponk 265 horse yesterday, First time it has ever been run, Rebuilt in 2009, but never started it was placed in preservation, in dry hangar and just sat.
I borescoped the cylinders, found no corrosion, drained the oil flushed the crank case nothing unusual. Filled with 12 Qt 20W50, and started it, ran great.
But the prop took about 20 cycles before it would change pitch as it should, and after the run the oil level was down about 3 Qts. Don't believe the prop had any oil in it or the governor, plus the oil cooler was probably empty too.

Next we get it insured, the transponder checked, and go fly.

Don't bounce on the nose wheel, or you'll have to find a mechanic to fix the firewall.

Dangit! Bourbon on the keyboard...... It burns coming out of my nose. ....Mods, we need options on the like button like FB!

Back