General Aviation in TV commercials

SixPapaCharlie

May the force be with you
Display Name

Display name:
Sixer
Seems pretty rare to see GA featured in regular old TV commercials these days.
Just saw this and thought it was cool to see some GA represented.

Freakin weird.
2 in one night. This one came on too. And I am watching some no name over the air station with old reruns.

I never knew one could pass a medical if they needed to use a catheter while flying...

I see the first one all the time, have never seen the Old Spice - am I watching the wrong program? ;):dunno:

Looks like an LSA he’s flying, maybe?
Probably, but it said he was an aerobatic pilot in the infomercial. I would hate to smell the inside of that plane...

:D

Probably, but it said he was an aerobatic pilot in the infomercial. I would hate to smell the inside of that plane...

Nonetheless, Liberator may introduce some folks to general aviation.

:D

Who knows? Expecting truth and accuracy from anything on TV is a bit much, especially a commercial...

Just wondering.

Does it require a Commercial cert for a pilot to receive compensation for flying with a catheter?

It’s not a passenger, and it doesn’t seem like cargo if it stays on (or in) your person.

It isn't unknown for glider and paraglider pilots to use a relief system.

How about: "Liberator catheters: now with ADS-B-in traffic!" :)

Seems pretty rare to see GA featured in regular old TV commercials these days.
Just saw this and thought it was cool to see some GA represented.

He's a local in Colorado, never met him tho. Look up the N number next time you see the commercial.

Anybody else find themselves crossing their legs while watching the first one?

Anybody else find themselves crossing their legs while watching the first one?

Lol. Once after surgery (and we all know anesthesia messes with the body's ability to "go"), I was having a lot of trouble going. Enough so that the doctor had the orderlies come and visit. They held up the catheter and told me if I didn't go, right now, that thing was going somewhere I really didn't want it to go. Let me tell ya, it scared the pee right out of me.

there's another one playing currently, I don't know what the commercial is about (hahaha F U advertisers!) but there is a guy in a small plane on final using his mobile phone. don't feel like googing it.

Lol. Once after surgery (and we all know anesthesia messes with the body's ability to "go"), I was having a lot of trouble going. Enough so that the doctor had the orderlies come and visit. They held up the catheter and told me if I didn't go, right now, that thing was going somewhere I really didn't want it to go. Let me tell ya, it scared the pee right out of me.

Warm Lemonade works, don't ask how I know. :rolleyes:

Rans S-9 (says so on the side of the fuselage). Certainly light and slow enough for LSA.
Yep, that's a RANS S-9, and the listed owner/pilot has ASEL/Instrument and a current medical. The prior owner had ASEL/glider/repairman and no current medical.

I'm not sure why the confusion on the first commercial. It says he's an aerobatic (actually it says acrobatic) pilot, but it doesn't say he's an airshow pilot. He doesn't need to have a commercial rating for anything I see in the commercial. And yes, it's a Rans S-9, so it's an aerobatic plane that fits in the light sport category. Not sure it's something I would fly, but I'm sure someone here has.

Back