Aviation Commercials

Mtns2Skies

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Mtns2Skies
Looks like GA is making it into commercials lately!

I wonder what's next, an ag pilot on a Farmers Only Dot Com commercial? :)

Lol I love the geico gecko. I used to do his voice all the time around the house

Lol I love the geico gecko. I used to do his voice all the time around the house

I still have the "World's worst ringtone" from one of those commercials on my phone (Ring-a-dinga-dinga-ding tone).
My wife insisted I stop using it. Now I have the Oshkosh Yoderller. Only a couple of people have that tone.

Yeah, I thought the gecko one was funny. They definitely have good commercials (although I'd never buy insurance from them).

Back in the eighties Geico was supposed to be the go-to insurer for motorcycles. They sucked, I went with progressive for live 20 years until I go the Sport bike.

Geico needs to pull that one with the Sky Typers after their recent fatal. Saw it running on TV the other night and thought that was somewhat classless of them.

Geico needs to pull that one with the Sky Typers after their recent fatal. Saw it running on TV the other night and thought that was somewhat classless of them.

Yeah. I think Top Gun should never been released after Art Scholl died during filming.

Or Flight of the Phoenix after Paul Mantz was killed.

Or Twilight Zone after Vic Morrow died.

Etc.

People die. Their works live on.

Yeah. I think Top Gun should never been released after Art Scholl died during filming.

Etc.

Comparing movies to insurance commercials that are a dime a dozen as “works of art” is a bit much.

I’m sure the ad execs that run Geico commercials don’t really GAF which commercial runs during re-runs of some dumb syndicated TV show.

Comparing movies to insurance commercials that are a dime a dozen as “works of art” is a bit much.

I’m sure the ad execs that run Geico commercials don’t really GAF which commercial runs during re-runs of some dumb syndicated TV show.

And that's probably why you aren't an ad exec. That stuff is all based on highly speculative and sketchy science.

And that's probably why you aren't an ad exec. That stuff is all based on highly speculative and sketchy science.

If “being an ass” means the same thing as “sketchy science”, okay. I’ll take your word for it.

It would be nice to see more exposure for GA on tv whether it be on commercials or actual tv shows. It would also be nice if it included instances where an average person did something positive or had fun doing it. So many GA scenes seem to involve drugs, terrorism, and other bad actors or they over sensationalize the danger.

Same can be said for beer. Bud has put out some great commercials but not beer.

I’ve input some great beers, and I’ve put out some great beers. Both were fun. Drinking good beer is what leads to happiness. Making great beer is like perpetual motion of the previous sentence. No matter the quality of the product going in, though, beer is always greater than the sum of its parts on the output side. It’s brewmagic.

Etc.

Back in the 90s, it seemed like anyone that did a skydiving themed commercial for Pepsi died during the filming. It didn't stop Pepsi from airing the commercials.

Back