Gaston's V in 2008

Diana

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Diana
It's time to choose a date for next year. Some are already making their reservations, so we need to make it official.

Next year, June 1st will fall on a Sunday. The next weekend will be ideal for our fly-in, as it will be the weekend before Father's Day. It will most likely be cooler than the weekend of June 21st.

So, the weekend of June 6, 7, and 8 will be the official date for Gaston's V in 2008. Chip will be in charge of weather again. :eek:

I'm impressed. My long range planes usually include at least one weekend.

I'll ask Viveca if we can commit this early.

Joe

Count me in. Preferrably only June 6,7,8 this time.

I'll be making reservations this week!!!

I'm in. :yes: This time I'll get there a day or two early to go fishing :fcross: and hopefully catch something for lunch and dinner. :D

That's too bad. Chances are unless there is some change between now and then, Sharon won't be able to come. That puts me in question. I suppose we will see.

eh what the heck ill plan on it. sisters birthdays are the 2nd and 5th, ill just go home the weekend before.

I have finals from the 9th-12th, but that may be moved depending on what our board of education does with the calendar.

Thanks for the really early heads up!

I will not miss next year!! So I am making reservations this week!!!!!!

Jon

It sounds like you guys have way to much fun there. I think I need to make plans on goign next year!

At least I can't say I didn't know about it far enough in advance! ;-)

Early bird pizza in cabin 74 on Thursday. Put in your preference when you arrive. Kathleen will be taking orders.

Looking for a helo to volunteer to make the delivery.:p

I'll be there. I'm planning on Thursday through Sunday.

In the new Mooney we hope!

Purchase contract has been signed by both parties, our deposit is in escrow, Joey Cole at Cole Aviation says bring it in ASAP, and the owner will call me by the end of today to let me know when he can ferry the plane up to RMG. We hope we can have the plane to RMG by COB Friday. Three days for the annual, and we should know if the deal will go thru.

We're on our way, touch wood. :fcross:

Purchase contract has been signed by both parties, our deposit is in escrow, Joey Cole at Cole Aviation says bring it in ASAP, and the owner will call me by the end of today to let me know when he can ferry the plane up to RMG. We hope we can have the plane to RMG by COB Friday. Three days for the annual, and we should know if the deal will go thru.

We're on our way, touch wood. :fcross:

Way cool.......... hope it's the one.........will be waiting for updates.

It's on my calendar and I'm emailing everyone else that I might bring with me to make sure they put it on their's!

It's on my calendar and I'm emailing everyone else that I might bring with me to make sure they put it on their's!

PJ, if you end up with an open seat let me know. I have a friend in Houston who would like to attend.

Regards,

Sure thing, but remind me again closer to time. I'm trying to convince my mentor pilot to go and take me and our respective girlfriends in the Bonanza, so we might end up with an extra seat. We'll have to see.

Early bird pizza in cabin 74 on Thursday. Put in your preference when you arrive. Kathleen will be taking orders.

I'd volunteer mine, but I don't think it has the payload...:D

Attachments

• EFLH1250-450.jpg
    EFLH1250-450.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 24

If I pull off my new plan, I'll have a rental car or a borrowed car on Thursday night. I *may* make it in on Thursday if weather allows. I *may* stay at Gastons Thursday night if they have the cabin available.

I'll find a way to be there again as well. Hopefully this time I can fly my own plane in. After flying out to Gastons in Ed Guthrie's plane last year and Kaye's plane this year, I need to get some new toys to make the trip. I'll be working on it.

JoAnne

Gaston's is now a yearly event for the Dean family. I didn't get to spend as much time meeting all of you and didn't get to give or receive any rides, but it was really nice having that family time. See you all next year!

James Dean

Gaston's is now a yearly event for the Dean family. I didn't get to spend as much time meeting all of you and didn't get to give or receive any rides, but it was really nice having that family time. See you all next year!

James Dean

it was great to see the whole family there James!

Well, Jason, you'll just need to learn to fly enough helos in formation to make the airlift! :)

FWIW, the comment relates back to a previous fly-in where we discussed having a commercial helo come to Gaston's and offer rides (for a fee) and someone suggested it deliver pizzas on the way in. When a helo actually did land (unrelated to the fly-in) the joke was "pizza's here"...hehe.

The local pizzerias deliver to Gaston's so it's not really an issue. But an aerial delivery would add to the festivities.:p

I'd volunteer mine, but I don't think it has the payload...:D

If I pull off my new plan, I'll have a rental car or a borrowed car on Thursday night. I *may* make it in on Thursday if weather allows. I *may* stay at Gastons Thursday night if they have the cabin available.

James, it was good to meet you, even if it was brief. I'm still trying to convince Sherry to come along next year, 4 year old Holly is already onboard, she loves flying and swimming.

Well, FWIW, the comment relates back to a previous fly-in where we discussed having a commercial helo come to Gaston's and offer rides (for a fee) and someone suggested it deliver pizzas on the way in.
Any helos to rent in the area?
We might be able to work something out.

When a helo actually did land (unrelated to the fly-in) the joke was "pizza's here"...hehe.

You mean that lawn chair with a rotor on top?

Joe

Last edited:
Oh all I saw this year was a gyro copter, no offense intended.

Joe

Is it possible to "offend" a lawn chair with a rotor on top?

I have NEVER in my whole life planned for something a year in advance. This is perverse. OTOH I just booked a cottage for GV.

I have NEVER in my whole life planned for something a year in advance. This is perverse. OTOH I just booked a cottage for GV.

Guess you've never tried to get a room for AirVenture. (I forgot this year so I'll be scrambling.)

Sure you have, Lance... retirement, right? You're not going to wait til you're 64 to save. :) In fact, I'd wager you'll retire earlier than that because of your planning and work. See you next year!

Back