Gaston's Room Needed Thread

Ah, but I'm not a master; gold seal; silver badge CFI type (hey, can you show me the secret handshake at Gaston's -- p l e ase!) Ya know, if I carried the paperwork from all those designations you have around, I wouldn't need a seat cushion to see over the windscreen.

Best,

Dave

***** Cross-posted in other aviation forums *****​

If anyone with a reservation at Gastons is considering cancelling, please PM or email me at gil@cessnas2oshkosh.com. A friend of mine is interested in spending the weekend with his family (wife + 2 daughters under 7) before wife is deployed to Afghanistan in July.

Unfortunately, I will not be attending this year. :nonod:

I have a reservation Thur, Jun 11 thru Sun, Jun 14 for Cabin #10, which is stated as a bedroom accommodation with no kitchen. I haven't seen the inside of the cabin, but I scoped it out last year as the perfect small cabin next to the runway. When I made reservations, I was told that it did have a microwave and small refrigerator, but no stove or sink.

My deposit was $115. PM if you're interested in taking over my reservation. Will cancel the reservation by May 28th if there's no takers.

Kaye

Kaye, I am sad that you will not be there; as you know, I likes the ladies!

Have you PM'd Dr. Gil? He was looking for a room.

/s/ Spike

I have a reservation Thur, Jun 11 thru Sun, Jun 14 for Cabin #10, which is stated as a bedroom accommodation with no kitchen. I haven't seen the inside of the cabin, but I scoped it out last year as the perfect small cabin next to the runway. When I made reservations, I was told that it did have a microwave and small refrigerator, but no stove or sink.

My deposit was $115. PM if you're interested in taking over my reservation. Will cancel the reservation by May 28th if there's no takers.

Kaye

:frown3: I hope you're okay.

I'm okay, Diana, thanks.

This year has just been a PITA. If the second half continures like the first half, it will definitely NOT be one of my favorite years..... :mad3:

Someone at Wings was talking about needing to post on the Room Needed thread, but I don't remember who. Bill/Brent or Adam B/Marisol?

Someone at Wings was talking about needing to post on the Room Needed thread, but I don't remember who. Bill/Brent or Adam B/Marisol?

OR me!

I've already talked a bit to Kaye anyone want to split it with me??? There are two beds.

That was Bill/Brent.

Marisol and I already have a room.

Kaye

The Bill/Brent team has bought the cabin. Now I'm really sad cause it makes it final that I'm not going. :sad:

The Bill/Brent team has bought the cabin. Now I'm really sad cause it makes it final that I'm not going. :sad:

you are allowed to change your mind up to and including the last possible moment you could leave home and still make it before the end of the weekend. there is always room at the inn :)

OR me!

I've already talked a bit to Kaye anyone want to split it with me??? There are two beds.

C'Mon Missa! :rolleyes:

I still have the 2 bed motel room available for anybody who wants it.

Oh, Kaye....

...if you decide to come anyway, I'm sure we can work *something* out! :p:devil:

And I was talking to a friend at the airport who's talking about flying his Champ on down from Chicago! (I don't think he'll bring the King Air! :no:)

Drat! I didn't see this quick enough. I still need a room. Dave Siciliano has already called the other bed in the room I don't have yet, too! :D

***** Cross-posted in other aviation forums *****​

If anyone with a reservation at Gastons is considering cancelling, please PM or email me at gil@cessnas2oshkosh.com. A friend of mine is interested in spending the weekend with his family (wife + 2 daughters under 7) before wife is deployed to Afghanistan in July.
I no longer need this room and in fact, I have a room available to give up to whomever needs it. I will not be able to attend this year. I'l miss you all.

Please pm, send an email at gil@cessnas2oshkosh.com or call me at niner wun fower - too six too - niner seven niner seven, if you need a room. I also have a fly-fishing appointment available.

Last edited:
The fishing appointment is a local guided spin fishing trip starting at 7:30 am on June 12th for a party of 2. See previous post for contact info.

Last edited:
Drat! I didn't see this quick enough. I still need a room. Dave Siciliano has already called the other bed in the room I don't have yet, too! :D

What? I am going to try to come. I'd probably come up Saturday and just need a room that evening if I stayed the night. I'm also trying to get out to see my Daughter and family and she's not sure yet when I can go there. So, there's a slight chance I'll have a conflict, but very slight. I'd really like to see everyone.

Best,

Dave

Missa is taking the motel room (and she should have a spare bed but I ain't speaking for her. :rolleyes: )

I think she'll probably come. At least she's progressed from not coming to possibly. Thanks for all the coaxing :yes:

Tell her I need her help to pick up guys... someone said there was a wedding there that weekend too. Should be plenty of single guys.

Hopefully better behaved then the wedding at the Hotel at Wings. :yikes:

Tell her I need her help to pick up guys... someone said there was a wedding there that weekend too. Should be plenty of single guys.

Hopefully better behaved then the wedding at the Hotel at Wings. :yikes:

What do you need her help for? You seemed to be doing just fine at the hotel bar. :D
Missa the wedding crasher. I can see it now.

I think you're gonna have to bring a lot more margarita fixin's this year, Grant. ;)

:D

I no longer need this room and in fact, I have a room available to give up to whomever needs it. I will not be able to attend this year. I'l miss you all.

Please pm, send an email at gil@cessnas2oshkosh.com or call me at niner wun fower - too six too - niner seven niner seven, if you need a room. I also have a fly-fishing appointment available.
I couldn't post it until just now, but the room was taken early this morning. I will surely miss you all. I hope to see you all at Oshkosh.

I still have to get rid of the fishing day appointment. Any takers? Ed Guthrie? Greg Bocklehan? Spike?

I think she'll probably come. At least she's progressed from not coming to possibly. Thanks for all the coaxing :yes:

We aim to please! :)

Maybe if Marisol comes, Missa will be more willing to give up the right seat and let you get some Aztec time, Adam!

I couldn't post it until just now, but the room was taken early this morning. I will surely miss you all. I hope to see you all at Oshkosh.

I still have to get rid of the fishing day appointment. Any takers? Ed Guthrie? Greg Bocklehan? Spike?

Stand by...

I have a two bedroom CABIN for Satuday night only. Sue is not coming; neither is Ken Ibold......

I have a two bedroom CABIN for Satuday night only. Sue is not coming; neither is Ken Ibold......

Ken, I'm disappointed about...

...but your bride... is one of the highlights. Tell her she'll be sorely missed, indeed.

Back