Gaston's Room Needed Thread

Whew, I just called Gaston's and according to them I got the LAST available room for that weekend.

I guess we're full!

Until the week before the event. Then all sorts of stuff will start to open up. :yes:

Which is kinda hard to understand when Gaston's doesn't allow cancellations.
Huh? They do allow cancellations. There is a charge more than x days out, and that charge (and the number of days) does seem hard to find on their site. Call them for the details.

Would you like to be the person responsible for forecasting their revenues if they did?

I'm probably gonna come. I'm most likely going to drive. Gonna try and make it for Thursday. Anyone got a couch, floor, or extra bed for me to crash, please IM me. Thanks!

P.S. I'm bringing my airplane cookies!! :D

I think it was $50 if I cancel now - 2 weeks before arrival date. Within 2 weeks of arrival date the cost of 1 night.

I have cabin #14

As much as I want to attend I will be just starting to be weight bearing status June 9th. Recovery is my first priority.

Cabin #14 is $99 a night and is reserved Thursday - Sunday. It's the bedroom accommodation with one king and one double bed. The first night is paid so if someone wants the room I'll call and switch to your name once I'm reinbursed.

ROOM TAKEN

Last edited:
I have cabin #14 available........

As much as I want to attend I will be just starting to be weight bearing status June 9th. Recovery is my first priority.

Cabin #14 is $99 a night and is reserved Thursday - Sunday. It's the bedroom accommodation with one king and one double bed. The first night is paid so if someone wants the room I'll call and switch to your name once I'm reinbursed.

GMascelli AT comcast DOT net

Phone 302-563-3328

I'll take it. I have a motel room booked. I'll call ya. I had #14 a couple times already.

Last edited:
OK.. I talked to Gary. I'll be releasing my motel room.

Anybody who wants it, speak up.

Hmmm....Vette road trip? That could be a fun drive.

We have 6 cabins at our resort at the end of the road from our strip available if anyone is interested.
Rates are here
http://perfectlandingairpark.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=53&Itemid=50
Also we have 3 rooms at our lodge at the airpark available for free to anyone going to gastons you can tie down on the strip.
Also we might have a few extra spots if you just want to camp under the wing.

PM me if you are in need.
Hope we can help out.

So MU24 (Someday, aka Perfect Landing) is all of 27NM from Gaston's. That's the strip where Brass Lantern is located? Is it 2000' or 3000'? I don't know how many people will be coming from Clow, but it's nice to know of alternative lodging, if necessary!

Hell, that place looks better than Gaston's. Cheaper too.

Its 2000' x 50' still waiting for FAA to update that for any confusion we are going to follow up on it tommarow. We just regraded and reseeded almost 2 months ago and grass is coming up pretty thick so it should be nice by gastons. We will have it all striped and marked by then aswell. I will have pictures posted and an aerial shot by next friday of the approach. We will probably host breakfast every morning for those staying.
Also I think we are having an IRA seminar that weekend as well. I dont remember if it is that weekend or the branson air show weekend. So if your interested let us know early so we can get you in.

So MU24 (Someday, aka Perfect Landing) is all of 27NM from Gaston's. That's the strip where Brass Lantern is located? Is it 2000' or 3000'? I don't know how many people will be coming from Clow, but it's nice to know of alternative lodging, if necessary!

Yes brass lantern resort apart of Perfect Landing is at the end of the road. 2 miles I think. We have transportation available from the strip to there or you can take a 4 wheeler :smilewinkgrin: Its not far..

Irish Republican Army?

:rofl:

Or

Individual Retirement Account
And how you can actually make money with it rather than watch it all diminish :cheerswine:

lol Yes the strip is only for some not for all. Next year we will have the new 5000'x75' concrete strip done and you can bring your raptor in :D

Based on first-hand observations, that sounds roughly the same as your adventures at Gastons. :lol:

Hey hey hey, I can do 3/4 of a landing and just over 1/2 of a takeoff from there in the P-Baron :happydance:

Best,

Dave

Its 2000' x 50' still waiting for FAA to update that for any confusion we are going to follow up on it tommarow. We just regraded and reseeded almost 2 months ago and grass is coming up pretty thick so it should be nice by gastons. We will have it all striped and marked by then aswell. I will have pictures posted and an aerial shot by next friday of the approach. We will probably host breakfast every morning for those staying.
Also I think we are having an IRA seminar that weekend as well. I dont remember if it is that weekend or the branson air show weekend. So if your interested let us know early so we can get you in.
Hmmm.... Might work as an emergency spot for the 210, but I don't think I want to plan on it. :no:

Hmmm.... Might work as an emergency spot for the 210, but I don't think I want to plan on it. :no:

C'mon Grant, you've got lots of ponies in the 210. :yes:

I've taken the 182 in and out of a 1000' grass strip. Only time I've had it take 2000' for the takeoff was in Leadville last summer - DA 12,200'. :eek:

So far we have had a bonanza,cherokee 180d and Cessna 172 in here. :yesnod:

C'mon Grant, you've got lots of ponies in the 210. :yes:

I've taken the 182 in and out of a 1000' grass strip. Only time I've had it take 2000' for the takeoff was in Leadville last summer - DA 12,200'. :eek:
I should have made it clearer that I was talking about my decision-making, not the capabilities of the plane. Shortest I've had the 210 into was 1C8, 2540' with open approaches. I admit, I had no difficulties there. I'm certainly not saying it can't be done safely; merely that I don't consider myself proficient in that plane to do it as a matter of course (yet). I'm under 25 hours in it.

Based on first-hand observations, that sounds roughly the same as your adventures at Gastons. :lol:

Hey, u pickin on me :nono:
Just because it was hot and we didn't get to blue line until past the river when I departed with Larry O and Jason; doesn't mean you can pick on me :rofl:
That made an impression. As did the recollection that Chip had said he wouldn't take the P-Baron in there.

Might land there again light. Depart before it's that hot without pacs, but Mountain Home is probably a better option.

Best,

Dave

Hey, u pickin on me :nono:
Just because it was hot and we didn't get to blue line until past the river when I departed with Larry O and Jason; doesn't mean you can pick on me :rofl:
That made an impression. As did the recollection that Chip had said he wouldn't take the P-Baron in there.

Might land there again light. Depart before it's that hot without pacs, but Mountain Home is probably a better option.

Best,

Dave

Im pretty sure that anyone who watched that departure last year would be happy to come get you from Mountain Home.

Besides the ride with Steve in the Gaston's van is an adventure in and of itself :D

You may get lucky, and be able to take some venison home...

Im pretty sure that anyone who watched that departure last year would be happy to come get you from Mountain Home.

If I fly this year, I'm thinking I will stop at Mountain Home to pick up you or Ed first.

My brain just will not let me grok how the lay of the land is at Gaston's. It's not the runway itself. It's finding it.

Mike,

As usual, I am happy to provide any instructional services requested for Gaston's weekend.

If I fly this year, I'm thinking I will stop at Mountain Home to pick up you or Ed first.

My brain just will not let me grok how the lay of the land is at Gaston's. It's not the runway itself. It's finding it.
I don't even bother to try and find Gastons. The dam is simple to find and if you fly over the dam and continue straight you'll end up on a perfect cross-wind. It works *every* time.

..and a video on the Gastons Approach and Landing

We have 6 cabins at our resort at the end of the road from our strip available if anyone is interested.
Rates are here
http://perfectlandingairpark.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=53&Itemid=50
Also we have 3 rooms at our lodge at the airpark available for free to anyone going to gastons you can tie down on the strip.
Also we might have a few extra spots if you just want to camp under the wing.

PM me if you are in need.
Hope we can help out.
You might want to post this on the purple board. Several people from that forum are coming to the Gaston's fly-in and a lot of them don't read the threads over here. :)

Kinna like watching one of those carrier departures where the plane sinks below the deck and one waits to see if it will come up or go swimming :yikes:

Something like that? Think I'll do a low pass over Gastons and see if I can beg a ride over from Mountain Home this year. Let me know if you'd like to do some new gear light out practice Tony <g>

Best,

Dave

Something like that? Think I'll do a low pass over Gastons and see if I can beg a ride over from Mountain Home this year. Let me know if you'd like to do some new gear light out practice Tony <g>

yea something like that...it wasn't the most alarming departure of the week but it got our attention. be happy to fly with you if you'll have me, as always!

AHEM. this is a FLY in. airplanes are allowed to move between arrival and departure.

Well, ecks-scuuuuuuse me.

I wanna see you fly shuttle missions if we get the torrential rain and the runway is more like a swamp.

Well, ecks-scuuuuuuse me.

I wanna see you fly shuttle missions if we get the torrential rain and the runway is more like a swamp.

just toss me the keys. "284M is on the roll..." :D

Back