Gaston's Room Needed Thread

Lance F

En-Route
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Lance F
I procrastinated, so no room at the inn. Sue and I would like to attend. If anyone with a cabin has to bail out, please PM me. We'd like a place for Friday and Saturday nights. I'll cross my fingers.

oh they're full? great.

Well, I need a room too. I think I have a spot with Bruce on Saturday night but definitely need something Friday night and maybe even Thursday. Leah might be along.

Add me to the list, I suppose. I don't know who's coming in my plane with me, but they'll have to fend for themselves. :)

I'm planning on arriving on Thursday and leaving on Sunday, so Thurs/Fri/Sat nights I need a place.

I have sleeping bag and am happy with the floor. :)

While we're at it I need some place to crash as well. I can offer cheese curds as a bribe as well :)

If I show up I'll be shuttling to Mountain Home again so anybody who wants can tag along.

I am pulling the camper down and staying at the Copper Johns Resort. http://www.copperjohnresort.com
If anyone wants to stay at that resort or another close by, I will be more than happy to shuttle you. Copper Johns is only 3/4 of a mile from Gaston's.

I've got a call in to see what's going on with the larger rooms like the Lodges. I find it difficult to believe that they're full to capacity. (Of course I'm set, since the Bockelman's and the Prellwitz's are chillin' in 67.)

I've got a call in to see what's going on with the larger rooms like the Lodges. I find it difficult to believe that they're full to capacity. (Of course I'm set, since the Bockelman's and the Prellwitz's are chillin' in 67.)
When I talked with them several months ago, they said those were all taken by a group (not the Cast for Recovery group...a different one).

I think it's a big wedding... time for a little relationship-wrecking!

Does anyone know how the number of rooms/cabins reserved by fly-in guests for this year's event compares to past years? Just curious.

As I mentioned in another thread I might have room but need to wait till closer to June to confirm that.

They told me it was a nudist wedding. A bit unusual I suppose, but no question about who's the best man.

When I talked with them several months ago, they said those were all taken by a group (not the Cast for Recovery group...a different one).

They told me it was a nudist wedding. A bit unusual I suppose, but no question about who's the best man.

Wayne, there could not be but one of you.

I still haven't heard back about the availability of the larger cabins. But Diana's post doesn't leave me too hopeful. And I'm not sure I want to see the nudist wedding, unless they're skydivers! :)

Like Fox, just reporting the facts. According to reliable statistics, the most popular popular person at a nudist resort is the guy who can go to the bakery and bring back two cups of coffee and a dozen donuts.

Wayne, there could not be but one of you.

Since Ted is makeing me come... I'm going to need a room. I perfer a bed tho unlike Ted who is happy on the floor.

Like Fox, just reporting the facts. According to reliable statistics, the most popular popular person at a nudist resort is the guy who can go to the bakery and bring back two cups of coffee and a dozen donuts.

You, sir, are a Very Bad Man.

Pleased to know you. :rofl:

Several people on the Purple Board have reserved rooms, and one of them might have an extra bed/bedroom.

Debbie and I have confirmed we have a bedroom available. It should have twin beds. Send a PM if interested in splitting costs in cabin #3. We have the cabin for Friday and Saturday night.

I just got off the phone with Linda at Gaston's this evening. She said they still had four bedrooms available in the 2-story motel unit. Three on the upper floor looking at the airport, and one on the lower floor looking at the river.

I just got off the phone with Linda at Gaston's this evening. She said they still had four bedrooms available in the 2-story motel unit. Three on the upper floor looking at the airport, and one on the lower floor looking at the river.

Do they allow pets in the motel?

I took one of the rooms there just now for Friday and Saturday night. There are two double beds in the room and I usually only need one so if someone want's to share let me know.

Do they allow pets in the motel?
You'll need to contact them to ask the question explicitly. Their FAQ asks the question "Do you allow pets" with the answer "[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Yes we do, just be sure that they are flea-free and bring a leash and anything else you need to help take care of your pet. Keep in mind that other pets will be here also so your pet must be on a leash when outside of the cottage."

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] so if it weren't for the word "cottage" in the answer I'd be inclined to just say "Yes".

[/FONT]

Hey, the internet works! Sue and I have a room. Thanks Kevin.

I think me and Jesse may need to be thrown on the list.

Tris, if I read the above posts correctly, a fast call might do the trick, for one of the motel-room units.

I am trying to imagine Gaston's without the Flynns... it is not a pleasant thought!

I am trying to imagine Gaston's without the Flynns... it is not a pleasant thought!

yep who will entertain us with international lear jet stories??

and who will make to-die-for afternoon snacks???

Gee, and I thought you only were interested in getting one more Mooney there :redface:

yep who will entertain us with international lear jet stories??

and who will make to-die-for afternoon snacks???
Tony are you saying your cookies aren't good enough? Someone actually makes better snacks? I'm shocked... I volunteer to be the official taste tester.

Tony are you saying your cookies aren't good enough? Someone actually makes better snacks? I'm shocked... I volunteer to be the official taste tester.
Well, I think Leslie and Sharon are going to have a bake-off again this year!

no of course not. all the POA ladies make great treats at gastons. But it was always great when Sue would surprise us with a tray of snacks mid afternoon.

I wouldn't want you to have to take on that ominous burden all by yourself, Tristan.

I volunteer to assist. ;)

I booked a motel room for me and Pancho.

It will have a free bed for anybody who's desparate enough (to put up with Pancho's snoring.)

They have ONE motel room left!

Last edited:
Whew, I just called Gaston's and according to them I got the LAST available room for that weekend.

I guess we're full!

Whew, I just called Gaston's and according to them I got the LAST available room for that weekend.

I guess we're full!

Thats weird becuase when I made my reservations they said I got the LAST room. I called around 2:00 Central time.
I did just call back and double check and I have a room.

I just hope they had TWO LAST rooms.

Thats weird becuase when I made my reservations they said I got the LAST room. I called around 2:00 Central time.
I did just call back and double check and I have a room.

I just hope they had TWO LAST rooms.
They could have had a cancellation. If you need one, it's certainly worth a call!

Back