Gastons on LiveATC.net

The LiveATC Feed is still not up.

I thought I read it would be online @ 6pm......I may be dreaming who knows. I'll have to go look for that post.

Found it in the first post......I still have some memory cells left!

Well, guess it's time to make it official. Spike and I have been working with Dave from LiveATC.net, and it looks like we'll be able to provide a feed of all audio on the CTAF (16kbps) through a link that will be prominently displayed on the front page of LiveATC.net. We'll be bringing the equipment and setting it up in cabin 77 on Thursday night, and it will be up til Sunday noon-ish.

If you wish to post your N-number, name and Web-board name on this thread so those who will be attending voyeuristically can match the radio transmissions to the forum participants, feel free.

FEED URL: http://d.liveatc.net/k3m0.m3u
(will be active Thursday June 11th after about 6pm ET-Sunday around noon)

Last edited:
OK, I'm in cabin 77 (long drive!) and LiveATC.net feed is set up; traffic is winding down, but if any of you are online now, would be a good time for beta testing for tomorrow.

I am online, and don't hear anything, except for a little 60 Hz hum once in a while. You wanna get on the mic and do a radio check?

Ooh scratch that, just heard someone call landing for 24.

Awesome, thanks for the report, Rich. Frequency will be offline after dark, til morning.

Troy,

A few reports from us no-shows listening in last night........Thanks for setting this up, while I sit with the leg up getting iced I can at least listen in on the fun.

I'm not sure garbled was the right description, more like it was over driving somewhat for lack of a better description.

Thanks again and enjoy your time at Gaston's, that's the main goal. Feeding us folks audio that didn't make the run should be on the back burner.

Can anyone else make out what they are saying on the live atc feed.....its very garbled
Same here.
+1 heard some calls but coul dnot understand a thing

Troy,

A few reports from us no-shows listening in last night........Thanks for setting this up, while I sit with the leg up getting iced I can at least listen in on the fun.

I'm not sure garbled was the right description, more like it was over driving somewhat for lack of a better description.

You're most welcome!! And I hope the leg heals up fast!

I've turned down the input level, so let's see if that doesn't help... feed is back up this morning as of now (I'll try to have it enabled 6am-9pm CT each day). You won't hear anything for a while, as the runway is fogged in at the moment, but I'm sure that will burn off quickly. Let me know via PM if it still sounds "over-driven", or if I went too far the other way.

Troy,

Will do. Looking out at the fogged r/w still beats looking out the front window at our fogged in street this morning!:smilewinkgrin:

Were those possums or coons looking into the camera last night?

Here's your feed setup:

IMG_0685.JPG

IBM T42 laptop, Sony Air 8 radio (courtesy of Mr. Cutler, so I can continue to use my handheld on the flight line!), and hanging next to the curtains is a DPD Productions Indoor Air Blade VHF antenna.

By the way, LiveATC support just told me that they have this feed added to the iPhone version feeds, as well! And, they are archiving all the audio and will pack it up to send to me after the event. Once I get the archives, I'll edit out all the non-air time and make an all-audio file for y'all.

Now that is freaking cool. Every once in a while it sounds jacked up, but I just heard Spike clearly :D

This makes it a slight bit easier not being there :D

Do any of the other "Gaston Stalkers" hear anything? I hear the 60hz buzz, but I haven't heard anyone actually FLYING in 20 mins or so. What's going on down there?

The feed is working... nobody's flying right now. ;-) I'm headed up to the flight line.

The feed is working... nobody's flying right now. ;-) I'm headed up to the flight line.

Well that's lame. What am I supposed to do at work all day if I can't listen to people FLYING!? ;) Go kick some people in gear for us, TW. :D

I'm loving the "we've got xxx on board" calls. Very cool!

Good clean audio right now. At least when someone talks - like a Bo that just took off. :D

Lance has arrived and is making a pass over the runway at 2500 MSL.

This is cool. Now, if there were just live video. :D

Is anyone else getting bad phasing on the stream? It's like someone keeps turning the volume knob up and down a bit quicker than once a second.

Lance just asked for runway report...apparently its dry.

Boy, he just beat those storms. Insane.

More insane? Apparently EdFred's still up. lol.

I've got to get there some year. Now if my wife's school district just didn't run their year so darned late!

Is anyone else getting bad phasing on the stream? It's like someone keeps turning the volume knob up and down a bit quicker than once a second.

I'm not hearing that here, and I'm monitoring the feed by listening to the stream. Anybody else?

I'm not hearing that here, and I'm monitoring the feed by listening to the stream. Anybody else?

I can't understand the people on the flight line, but I can hear and understand the pilots just fine.

I can't understand the people on the flight line, but I can hear and understand the pilots just fine.

That's a factor of me being in cabin 77... furthest from the flightline. Maybe next year I'll have a good exterior jpole antenna or something. ;-)

Thunder and lightning have started. Heavy rain. Feed is still running, but it will be silent as I've turned off the radio -- the lightning is causing it to break squelch with static, and nobody's flying anyway. Will turn it back on after the weather passes.

With the weather now moving out, the radio/feed is back on. Will still likely be a while before you hear pilots.

Heavy fog this morning, finally starting to burn off; might be later than usual before you hear any airplanes, though I did just hear somebody broadcast an ATITPPA, sounded like it was from a handheld.

Back