Gastons on LiveATC.net

someone at the picnic tables must key the mic for each flyby!
puuuuuuurrrrrrrrrRrRRrRRRRROOOOOORRRRR!

Can we also call "Gastons Ops" and report "in range" like the airlines do? That way, we'll know to have the marshallers, uhm I mean the cold water ready on arrival :D

Cool!
Now if I can just remember, am I supposed to say "atitapa" first, or "WoodenWonder with you, turning left final" before that?

If you're departing you can substitute "WoodenWonder is taking the active"

Good news, here's the response from FA:

Hey, PJ.

I absolutely remember you, great to hear from you. I have asked Mark Duell to get you setup, so you should hear from him today.

If you could plug FlightAware on your site and link to relevant flight tracking pages and the airport information (e.g., KHOU), that'd be great.

Best regards,

Daniel Baker
Chief Executive Officer
FlightAware

PJ,

What airports are you interested in monitoring? I can set up a custom map for you.

Best regards,

Mark Duell
Vice President, Operations
FlightAware

So, which airports do we need? 3M0, KFLP, what else?

You didn't have enough margaritas, then.

I'm working on some things that require me to go back to more calc than I ever wanted to remember, and there is one conversation that comes to mind EVERY SINGLE TIME I start working on said calculus.

Sigh.

Cheers,

-Andrew

N57039 will be in the air Friday mid morning into 3M0. I'll be monitoring Sirius satellite radio :D (and I suppose 122.8 when we get close.)

How about the poker run airports?
I'd vote no on that. I rather doubt that many (any?) would file IFR to go to the poker run airports, and they won't show up if they don't. So we'd probably just get a bunch of "noise."

Okay, here it is! It will track all flights to and from 3M0, KBPK, and KFLP. They say that there is an issue of you try to view it on Internet Exploder, but it works fine on Safari, Firefox, Chrome, etc. I tried on Safari via iPod Touch and it worked fine. Enjoy! You might send FlightAware an email to thank them for their generosity.

http://flightaware.com/commercial/map/GWRRFlyIn

Okay, here it is! It will track all flights to and from 3M0, KBPK, and KFLP. They say that there is an issue of you try to view it on Internet Exploder, but it works fine on Safari, Firefox, Chrome, etc. I tried on Safari via iPod Touch and it worked fine. Enjoy! You might send FlightAware an email to thank them for their generosity.

http://flightaware.com/commercial/map/GWRRFlyIn

Whoo-hoo! Thanks PJ! What email addy for FlightAware should we use for the "thank you's"?

3M0, KFLP, KBPK - anything else?

I think monitoring the airplanes would be cooler, otherwise we'll only see people on their last leg into 3M0.

For example - Lance Flynn flies the Mooney from GA to 3M0. If we're monitoring 3M0 we'll only see his last leg, but if we're monitoring his tail number it'd be the whole flight.

Heck, I think it'd be cool to have all of the PoAers able to register their tail numbers somehow so that we could see the entire "PoA fleet" for the rest of the year too! :yes:

I agree with Kent, but I also don't want to ask too much of FlightAware when they've already been generous enough to do this for us. I'll be leaving KIPT on Thursday morning, stopping in Kentucky, and then heading to 3M0. Then I'll be leaving 3M0 again and returning.

If it's possible to do this without bugging them, then I'd like to do it. If not, anyone who wants to stalk me knows my tail number. ;)

I really don't feel comfortable further imposing on their generosity. Perhaps in a few weeks we can inquire into the cost of doing something like Kent suggests on a more permanent basis. For now, this will have to suffice.

PJ, I understand completely. I think that makes sense.

[URL="http://flightaware.com/commercial/map/GWRRFlyIn"]http://flightaware.com/commercial/map/GWRRFlyIn[/URL]

That's GREAT PJ!! Thanks for helping set this up for us lowly "can't get there this time, either" folks!

now we just need to organize the weather so that no one files IFR to get there....mwahahaha

now we just need to organize the weather so that no one files IFR to get there....mwahahaha

Given current forecasts, it looks like IFR will be required for at least the first leg of my trip. Charts and approach plates loaded up and current...

Given current forecasts, it looks like IFR will be required for at least the first leg of my trip. Charts and approach plates loaded up and current...

yea i need to go to the airport and buy some charts one of these days.

FEED URL: http://d.liveatc.net/k3m0.m3u

Will be active Thursday June 11th after about 6pm (Gaston's time) through Sunday around noon (to catch morning departures). I can be reached on cell at eight-one-seven, tree-two-zero, one-tree-tree-six if something goes horribly wrong with the feed; otherwise, PM me here and I'll check POA PM's and the feed status when I visit my cabin.

Please note that the feed URL correctly has a "k" in the airport identifier, although Gastons is 3M0 and not K3M0; that is due to a limitation on LiveATC for airport identifiers to be 4-characters in length.

FEED URL: http://d.liveatc.net/k3m0.m3u

Will be active Thursday June 11th after about 6pm (Gaston's time) through Sunday around noon (to catch morning departures). I can be reached on cell at eight-one-seven, tree-two-zero, one-tree-tree-six if something goes horribly wrong with the feed; otherwise, PM me here and I'll check POA PM's and the feed status when I visit my cabin.

Please note that the feed URL correctly has a "k" in the airport identifier, although Gastons is 3M0 and not K3M0; that is due to a limitation on LiveATC for airport identifiers to be 4-characters in length.

Well, the place where I spend entirely too much of my life at is blocking this site.

Now what am I supposed to do!!!! :mad3:

Well, the place where I spend entirely too much of my life at is blocking this site.

Find a new place to work!! Or get an iPhone and download their liveATC.net app. Or, call in sick and come to Gastons! :yes:

I like the iPhone suggestion. :)

shoot kaye, you're about ready to retire anyway. just call it 'early retirement'.

so you'll be there friday evening right? i'll save a spot at supper.

Somewhat computer ignorant here. I clicked on the link and my computer brought up Windows Media Player which immediately said it cannot find the file. Any suggestions?

First person that says ATITAPA gets my unending ridicule.

I'll be listening for sure.

Contact security and tell them you have a business reason to use the site. You're researching the next company jet location.

shoot kaye, you're about ready to retire anyway. just call it 'early retirement'.

so you'll be there friday evening right? i'll save a spot at supper.

ya know, if the plane wasn't in for annual (supposed to be home today, but of course, more broken stuff found), i'd probably do that.......this is just killing me! :sad:

Contact security and tell them you have a business reason to use the site. You're researching the next company jet location.

i like your thinking, mike! but i really should doing an on-site test of the runway, doncha think? :tongue:

My wife and I are coming in N99SW. This is our first year and looking forward to meeting everyone. We are coming up from Memphis either Friday afternoon or Saturday morning depending on the weather.

My wife and I are coming in N99SW. This is our first year and looking forward to meeting everyone. We are coming up from Memphis either Friday afternoon or Saturday morning depending on the weather.

EX-cellent!

That's great! Welcome to the board. That's a REALLY auspicious beginning! :yes:

Back