Gaston's list of volunteers

Diana

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Diana
Just trying to be organized again. :yes:

Radio advisories: Steve See (Grand Poobah)

Liaison with Gaston's, communication on other forums, and restaurant reservations: Diana (Major Worrier)

Poker Run: Troy

Name tags: Troy...I think

Shelter/canopy at the runway: ????

Water at the runway: ????

Landing judges: Hahahahahaha

Please add to the list and volunteer for stuff as you see fit. :D

I'll run or make available the van for supply runs or trips to lodging or the airport in Mountain Home.

I'll also bring the name tags and camp chairs.

BTW, if anybody along the route in Illinois through St. Louis and MO needs a ride or transport of stuff let me know.

Last edited:
Im willing to provide some instruction to people who want it. Ill be there thursday through sunday.

of course ill bring cookies, on a first come first served basis.
I was there first. You acted like you couldn't even see me. I didn't even get a cookie. I'm still a little hurt....

oh and where are your cookies going to be?

I don't know if I got cookies while there, but I sure enjoyed them when I got Mono, tho! Tony makes a hell of a cookie!

I'd be more than happy to help out Steve See with the radio advisories.

I know most people hate them, but I'll actually volunteer to receive rides too. I have no clue why these people at Gastons hate airplane rides so much. Especially when you can log the time. :D

I have a shelter / tent thingie, you may recall that its assembly has been a source of great mirth for three years running; it will be there. I also bring two (2) camp chairs and a 48-quart cooler.

Also, if interest remains, I'l be bringing along the projector, a screen (if I remember the fool thing, else we'll rig a sheet again) and some various films for PoA Night at the Movies.

Also, if interest remains, I'l be bringing along the projector, a screen (if I remember the fool thing, else we'll rig a sheet again) and some various films for PoA Night at the Movies.

that was fun, lets do it again.

You're not bringing that Debbie tape again are you, the one from Dallas?

I have a shelter / tent thingie, you may recall that its assembly has been a source of great mirth for three years running; it will be there. I also bring two (2) camp chairs and a 48-quart cooler.

Only 4. Maybe 6. Maybe 8. 10? :rolleyes:
Okie dokie, can we have dibbies on two of those? :princess: We'll pay rent. Not that I ever have time to sit in a chair. :rolleyes:

I'm still a bit confused...are you flying?

Okie dokie, can we have dibbies on two of those? :princess: We'll pay rent. Not that I ever have time to sit in a chair. :rolleyes:

I thought you just sat in the front seat of the Citabria :yes:

I still want a ride if temps are less than 150 f

I'll run or make available the van for supply runs or trips to lodging or the airport in Mountain Home.

I'll be driving in as well, so I'll have a Ford Expedition (can carry up to 7 in addition to the driver) and can help make supply/airport runs, too.

I'll also bring the name tags and camp chairs.

Thanks, Mike, for taking the name tags--Diana, I had volunteered to do this, but since Mike's offering, I'll let him take it.

BTW, if anybody along the route in Illinois through St. Louis and MO needs a ride or transport of stuff let me know.

Not St. Louis, but is anybody passing near Kansas City Friday noon inbound and returning Sunday? My sister in law and her teenage son are planning to drive down, but if anybody's got two extra seats, that'd be cool for them to get a ride in!

Last edited:
and guess who'll be there first!!! :D

sorry Jesse, no cookies for you.... :rofl:

:D :D :D :D Poor Jesse.

I'm tempted to start a food thread. :D We're bringing some of our yummy, fresh, organic blueberries from the farm.

You know I brought 4 chairs and two tables in the Cherokee last year, right? :D

I'm planning on coming in the CAVU-mobile. I'm too out-of-currency to fly and it's less hassle. :( I can be 1/3 of the way there by the time I would get airborne, if the weather is good.

Sad. I know. I'm slowly rejoining the world. I done pretty good today.

Seeing ya all will help a lot.

It will be an adventure anyway. I was thinking of renting a new car but them I decided to go for it and drive the 16 year old mini-van. In AAA I'll trust.

I just bought 4 patio chairs that stack. I should be able to bring those, too, even with Pancho and her crate, so I will have 8 chairs.

Last edited:
Leslie's bringing her telescope. We'll probably bake something. We'll bring a big cooler, though we may take Mikes offer and fill it with supplies AFTER we get there.

Leslie's bringing her telescope. We'll probably bake something. We'll bring a big cooler, though we may take Mikes offer and fill it with supplies AFTER we get there.

If you want to put something in ground transport give me a call.

This would be good. Any help is appreciated that will make the activity safer. The more eyes on the traffic flow the better. Especially when some of those eyes are busy flying a plane. ;)

I'd be more than happy to help out Steve See with the radio advisories.

I know most people hate them, but I'll actually volunteer to receive rides too. I have no clue why these people at Gastons hate airplane rides so much. Especially when you can log the time. :D

Last year, I really enjoyed helping Steve out with occaisional radio advisories; So I'd like to be a third (along with HPNpilot1200, of course). My iCom worked well last year; and I assume there will be times when Steve will be out flying - as will I! The rides I got to give were a great part of the many ways my family and I enjoyed the trip last year... : )

This would be good. Any help is appreciated that will make the activity safer. The more eyes on the traffic flow the better. Especially when some of those eyes are busy flying a plane. ;)

Absolutely, looking forward to it. I don't think Tony would let me leave Gastons without doing some radio advisories, being the ATC type I am.

Bill J. and I volunteer to be the flight line grill masters for Saturday lunch and maybe Friday lunch too.

Mooney drivers and grill masters. Is there a better combination in the aviation world?

Back