Gaston's list of volunteers

As room/ Weight & Balance allows I'll bring an EZ-Up sunshade and/or extra folding chairs.

My wife and I plan on heading out there as early as possible (VFR) Friday morning. This will be our first time, so we'll help out anywhere we can. Kind of figured we'd find our place once we get there.

I have 3 fold-up chairs that I'll bring. I've also got a pretty large cooler that I think I can stuff into the back of the Archer.

I'm also happy to bring stuff as needed/wanted... But beleive me, you DON'T want my cookies... I've set water on fire in the kitchen before. ;)

I'll volunteer to give rides in the Archer, if any of y'all actually want to fly with some kid who'll have about 90 hours by that point. I'll also gladly receive rides in just about anything, especially if it will make Missa hate me more. :D

OK, let's see if I got this right now:

Radio advisories: Steve See (Grand Poobah), Jason, Bobcat Bill

Liaison with Gaston's, communication on other forums, and restaurant reservations: Diana (Major Worrier)

Poker Run: Troy

Name tags: Troy/Mike (Are you bringing the stick-on kind?)

Shelter/canopy at the runway: Spike (I didn't get to see you put it up last time, but it sounds like you had fun).

Water at the runway: ????

Landing judges: Hahahahahaha (Everybody's a critic) Steve are you bringing the judging paddles?

Weather: Is Chip still in charge of weather?????? :dunno: :eek:

Movie stuff for the late night runway fun: Spike

Flight instruction: Tony

Grill masters on the flight line: Bill J. and Brent J.

I think I'll start a food thread.

Volunteer my &*&# (add your own word here), they had "The Draft" when I volunteered. I considered it being shanghaied. :mad:
Maybe you could volunteer to bring my :wineglass:? Plastic stemware is optional. ;)

My dad's a pro photographer, and will probably have his camera around his neck the whole time we're there (except at dinner...he get's sauce on his lens when he wears it at dinner).

He's going to have a hard time beating Brook's photos!

I'll bring some :wineglass: and will pick up some water at the store when I get use of a ground vehicle. I think that my :drink: are too strong for this crowd, so maybe I'll forgo the margaritas this year. Don't want any more injuries! :no:

I'll bring some :wineglass: and will pick up some water at the store when I get use of a ground vehicle. I think that my :drink: are too strong for this crowd, so maybe I'll forgo the margaritas this year. Don't want any more injuries! :no:

No Leslie and Grant margaritas!!!! Blasphemy I say, blasphemy.

Name tags: Troy/Mike (Are you bringing the stick-on kind?)

Just Mike. You better specify "sticky" kind or he'll bring 3x5 index cards and push pins!

Water at the runway: ????

We can bring our drink cooler and keep it filled from the cabin with water and ice. I'm not bringing bottled water. Cups? People bring their own, or do we stock the flight line with a trash can and disposable cups?

who got injured by the margaritas? I loved them! you just cant beat stumbling out of the airplane taking two steps and a swig and being drunk before you get to the wingtip!

who got injured by the margaritas?
One of our cute, vertically challenged, curly-haired ladies injured her hand/wrist and felt that the fact that the margaritas were more potent than they looked may have played some small role!:eek:

Name tags: Troy/Mike (Are you bringing the stick-on kind?).

I have the remaining pin-on and neck string badge holders. I don't like the stick on kind because I'm hard to stick to.

What I may throw in this time is a small printer. Now that I think about it, I have a labeler, too. I'll see what looks feasible.

One of our cute, vertically challenged, curly-haired ladies injured her hand/wrist and felt that the fact that the margaritas were more potent than they looked may have played some small role!:eek:
Well, I don't know who that was, but there was that one time that I slipped in the wet grass and fell on the rocks while taking a short cut in the dark. I have a different cabin this year so that shouldn't be a problem. ;)

I have the remaining pin-on and neck string badge holders. I don't like the stick on kind because I'm hard to stick to.
Uhhhh, Mike I think you're supposed to stick it to your clothes. ;)

What I may throw in this time is a small printer. Now that I think about it, I have a labeler, too. I'll see what looks feasible.
I had a feeling that we were going high-tech if you did it. :D When you go to the store, would you mind getting the stick-on kind for those of us who are stickable. :) And pens. Are you going to be there on Thursday? If not, I'll bring some stickable ones on Thursday so we don't get confused until you get there.

Uhhhh, Mike I think you're supposed to stick it to your clothes. ;)

I had a feeling that we were going high-tech if you did it. :D When you go to the store, would you mind getting the stick-on kind for those of us who are stickable. :) And pens. Are you going to be there on Thursday? If not, I'll bring some stickable ones on Thursday so we don't get confused until you get there.

I'm sure I have some pens in the kit. The whole kit is still packed. I can get some stick-on stickers if I don't have them.

Last year I had the printer ready to go but with 4 chairs and trays and all, I had reached the cubic limit of the Cherokee. It stayed in the van. BTW, I almost didn't have room in the van on the trip to the airport. :rolleyes:

I'm sure I have some pens in the kit. The whole kit is still packed. I can get some stick-on stickers if I don't have them.

Last year I had the printer ready to go but with 4 chairs and trays and all, I had reached the cubic limit of the Cherokee. It stayed in the van. BTW, I almost didn't have room in the van on the trip to the airport. :rolleyes:

I had no idea your Cherokee *had* a cubic limit- being the technoguy you are, I figured you had devised a means of rending the time/space/mass continuum to your benefit.

Only if I can get an exemption. It would be a conflict of interest to supply the means to self-incriminate, or something like that.

Landing judges: Hahahahahaha (Everybody's a critic) Steve are you bringing the judging paddles?

Only if I can get an exemption. It would be a conflict of interest to supply the means to self-incriminate, or something like that.
Ok, does everybody agree to NOT judge Steve's landings????? :yes: :)no:) :yes: :)no:)

I had no idea your Cherokee *had* a cubic limit- being the technoguy you are, I figured you had devised a means of rending the time/space/mass continuum to your benefit.
Why do you think he named it the "T.A.R.D.I.S."?

Date pending but I it all depends on Tony since they must be judged together!

So no one gets any :) until Tristan and Tony (und Isolde?) arrive, to make sure the judges get some of both?

So no one gets any :) until Tristan and Tony (und Isolde?) arrive, to make sure the judges get some of both?

But Grant, I keep trying to explain to everyone that since Tony is riding with me, there will be no Tony cookies left for judging. :p

tonycondon said:
im there thursday. i wouldnt expect cookies to last much longer than that.

I'll see what I can do!

Great, and I wasn't planning to arrive until Friday. I won't get any cookies. :(

Hey Tony, remember how you were excited how I was coming this year? You better cook some more cookies because if I don't get any on Friday after 8 or 9 hours of flying, I'll have to reconsider my attendance. :D

Just kidding. But a few cookies would be nice.

ill make alot and try to ration them between the days

ill make alot and try to ration them between the days

Tony, how about if you make several little baggies of cookies with our names on them tied off with pretty little ribbons. :dunno:

Orrrrrrr, you could auction off little bags of cookies to the highest bidder!

I crack myself up sometimes. :rofl:

Tony, how about if you make several little baggies of cookies with our names on them tied off with pretty little ribbons. :dunno:

Orrrrrrr, you could auction off little bags of cookies to the highest bidder!

I crack myself up sometimes. :rofl:

great ideas diana, ill head out to the store for some cute little ribbons tonight.

Back