Gastons Go/No-Go Thread

12:20 local...the rain, and I mean heavy rain, just began. It looks like this line should be through here in a little over an hour. Still hopeful for a 2:00 launch. :fcross:

The heavy stuff is just about to be out of here, with green behind, but we'll launch into that. I think I'm going to file for 1800Z.

If Leslie's comfortable with the winds, we'll probably launch around 1430 local. Should have us arriving between 1730 and 1830.

Weather in Missouri is good, UUV is reporting winds 270@7 Ceilings 8K scattered, VSI 10 and it is very cool. If it stays like this tomorrow there will be some great flying weather to be enjoyed by all.

Re: Gaston's Go/No-Go Thread

I can't believe it, there is now a second front moving across Alabama.
I can't believe it either and that's what's blocking me. An end run around the south of the main line looks very doable now, but I can't get there.:mad:

1810Z
Still raining heavy at times here in Lee Bottom (Madison), IN. but the skies are beginning to clear up to the northwest. We should be heading out in about an hour. I'll probably file at least to get out then cancel but I have to way until I can take off VFR. They won't give me a takeoff clearance out of Lee Bottom.

Diana,
This place is beautiful and our host Rich Davidson is so nice, hospitable and generous. I'm not complaining about the wait to get out. BUT...

I don't know. That bed in the cabin is looking more tempting by the minute, with this rain... and Sue saying, "C'mon, let's take a nap..." I don't know. :p

Still on the ground at MKL while the storm rages outside. We did grab the crew car and ate an entirely too glutonous breakfast at Perkins.

Maybe another hour or two...

Don't forget to recalculate your w/b

I'm heading to the airport in a bit. Lance Fisher is going to pick me up at KCBF at around 4:30 and then we'll be on our way. I think he said 2.5 hours enroute. Maybe by 6:30?

I can't wait to see you all there.

Short of a hurricane it don't get much uglier than this:mad: :mad: :mad:

Attachments

• June 8 1834Z.jpg
    June 8 1834Z.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 39
we'll see you when you get there lance. just talked to matt, we will be pushed back by his meetings, hopefully off by 430. may have to land at mountain home if its too dark. see you tonight

Aint no way. Today's mission scrubbed. We'll try to leave early tomorrow. See ya all.

Lance:

That weather sure looks bad. We'd sure rather see you safe and sound tomorrow than have anything happen tonight. Hayden seconds my opinion <g>.

We should shove off a little after 9 in the morning. Looking forward to seeing you there!!

Best,

Dave

Lance:

That weather sure looks bad. We'd sure rather see you safe and sound tomorrow than have anything happen tonight. Hayden seconds my opinion <g>.

We should shove off a little after 9 in the morning. Looking forward to seeing you there!!

Best,

Dave
We're planning a 7:30 am departure tomorrow. Been watching the storms cautiously all day. Hopefully that junk will be north and/or east of us by then.

I will be departing KTQH, Tahlequah, OK in the morning hopefully arriving around 9-9:30. I am looking forward to putting faces with names and airplanes.

Change of plans. Looks like low ceilings are going to keep me in Tahlequah. Still hoping but not looking good. Just another reason to finish the IFR Ticket.

Dave Buttram

Last edited:
Departing in the AM to stop at ATS (STL) to pick up Bob Bement. Will be there by 11:00. Save me a spot.... ha ha.....

Tony got here, almost used EdFred's Braille1 Approach.

Brats, dogs 'n' burgers. Mmmmm-mm!

Planning to take off from Mid-Missouri around 10:30 CDT. May have to dodge some clouds and scattered TS on the way. Should be there by noon for brunch with 4 adults and one infant.

Back