Gastons Go/No-Go Thread

tonycondon

Gastons CRO (Chief Dinner Reservation Officer)
Display Name

Display name:
Tony
Missa asked for it, chime in.

Im a Go

i7-2a.jpg

You guys have already departed?

If that's the case..I'm Go

Tony Condon-----------Go
Bob Bement------------Go
Jesse Angell------------Go

We are GO for TGI*!

(Trans Gaston's Injection)

(Isn't it a little early for this?)

We are GO for TGI*!

(Trans Gaston's Injection)

(Isn't it a little early for this?)

After Taco Bell today TGI stands for something a little different here. :goofy:

I am a very solid 30% for Friday morning only.

I don't know where to post this, but I've got 21 hrs to go, on a 24 hr shift, then WE'RE FLYING!

(I'm so pumped, I can hardly stand myself!)

Ahem.... Thanks for listening; we now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

I'm a go, just not sure which day. We were going to leave tomorrow, but t-storms and 50 kt headwinds? I really don't want the kids puke getting on the new interior. Might have to be Friday.

James Dean

Guys, I am devastated. I am a No Go due to some critical issues at work that have come up and require significant weekend attention. The great conundrum. Need the job to pay for the plane, then no time to actually fly the plane. It sucks. I'm really p*ssed. :mad:

A liberated Eastern bloc aircraft with renegade crew on board was wheels down 1750 UTC at 3M0 today. One other aircraft "in the group" on the field as of sunset.

Runway conditions excellent (mowers just finished). Gusty conditions over the approach end kept life interesting.

btw, I had dinner with Gene Krantz last Saturday night in HDO. Incredible Apollo XIII presentation and a great man (and wonderful wife) is all I can say.

Missa asked for it, chime in.

Im a Go

i7-2a.jpg

Hate to hear that Anthony

I was really looking forward to meeting you Anthony; sorry. Thought you might wear a name tag with Adam on it with an X :rofl:

Seem to recall someone wearing one like that with Anthony on it last year <g>

Best,

Dave

Well if the winds die down, Viveca Felix and I are leaving early tomorrow and will arrive Thursday night or Friday early.

I'm off to LGB to pick up Felix, he decided to fly commercial here. So does he get to consider his home field as the point of departure or where we first starts burning 100LL?

If I don't post in the morning, we're on our way.

Joe

I vote for home field... it still takes effort($) to make the trip.

We've got Go condition from Arizona:

mission.control.gif

You are go with a pic of the control room in the seconds after the Challenger disaster (see monitor in background)? This is a bad luck omen if I ever saw one. :eek:

Anyway.. CAPCOM. This is PhantomCougar... I am no go sadly. I had prior commitments this weekend. :mad:

Guys, I am devastated. I am a No Go due to some critical issues at work that have come up and require significant weekend attention. The great conundrum. Need the job to pay for the plane, then no time to actually fly the plane. It sucks. I'm really p*ssed. :mad:

Send Rosie anyway... :rofl:

Seriously, too bad, Gaston's is a lot of fun & a great chance to meet everyone. You're in good company, though, I won't be able to make it, though I will likely fly overhead in one of those large aluminum mailing tubes tomorrow afternoon.

Y'all have fun now, ya' hear?

Send Rosie anyway... :rofl:

OK, Rosie will sub for me. :D

I'm just really dissapointed. I was looking forward to meeting a bunch of you great people.

Well, poop. :(

Anthony, I really was looking forward to meeting you.

OK looks like some good tailwinds, paid for with bumps.
We're launching at 1500Z. Weather permitting we'll be spending the night close by.

Joe (+Viveca and Felix)

Now Bill/Anthony, just pull a Ken. Show up for dinner and sleep and then leave again.

Well, if I get upgraded on the commercial flight, I should get dinner and a chance to sleep as I fly over at 34,000 feet.

Does that count? :yes:

Launch scrubbed. I got to teh oalne, packed an' all, but decided I wasn't tin the modd to spend 5 hours riding in the bqack of a cement truck. The clouds were threatening to keep me just low enough to not be abel to escape it.

It's looking like a (really!) early Saturday morning launch, once that front passes east.

Can we have a Saturday afternoon BBQ?

what weather are you reading mike? cold front should blow through chicago overnight. tailwinds tomorrow.

what weather are you reading mike? cold front should blow through chicago overnight. tailwinds tomorrow.

The briefer said the precipt on the back side would last all day. I'll see how it looks Friday morning.

The briefer said the precipt on the back side would last all day. I'll see how it looks Friday morning.

Hmm, it doesn't look that bad in the afternoon...

Attachments

• 0700d483.gif
    0700d483.gif
    38.4 KB · Views: 19
no jason, when he lived 2 hrs from airport, he never made it into the air.

no jason, when he lived 2 hrs from airport, he never made it into the air.

Like now? I just mentioned that to the guys at the airport. My ADD knows no bounds. I was looking at maybe a 3 PM launch. Adding 4-5 hours meant I was wondering if I would have sunlight when I got there. If I had the drive it would have been after sunset. :dunno:

Gastons just told me I have to pay for the first night for not canceling 2 weeks in advance. We need to have a serious talk wit' does guys. They are asking the manager.

Anybody wants my cabin for Thursday night...so far I paid for it.

Back