Gaston's Fly-In 2017 - Thursday Oct 12-Sunday Oct 15, 2017

There ya go! You can't allow work to get in the way of hanging out at Gaston's

I hate to brag, but it is in the 80's with a clear sky. Brunch is a home run.

But that is just Gastons.

Hi guys, anyone have a hard time reaching Gaston's? I've called and left 2 messages, can't get anybody on the reservations line.

Finally got a call back. Showing up Saturday evening, if someone wants to tell me where the party is going to be at.

Finally got a call back. Showing up Saturday evening, if someone wants to tell me where the party is going to be at.

If it's still light out, I imagine the flightline bar and grill will still be open.

You bringing that Tomahawk in the picture!?? If so I needa getta ride! My first solo was in a T-hawk in '79

Unfortunately that Tomahawk was totalled years ago when a student in a lesson landed on a snowy runway and careened off, went into a snow bank and flipped. Occupants were fine.

There's one on the second row, North of The Beacon, that you can do a 'lesson' in if you want. Seems like a nice enough guy.
can you put me in touch w/ Him? I'd like to fly one.

I'm in. Cabin 10.

Attention all Gaston's attendees....

What's the food plan? Seems the last couple, there were people throwing around ideas about food on this night and that night,etc
And there is sometimes a list of whose attending and bringing what and all that sort of thing.

And @Lance F can I have a ride in your plane?

Edit: I'm in Cabin #12
That is all.

Last edited:
Mr. and Mrs. Okieflyer (Andrew and Cici) are booked in #16. See you suckas in 6 weeks.

Hopefully Gaston's aint socked in this time.

Teresa and I can't make it this year: we just released our reservation on primo cabin 6 up by the pool (two bedrooms, one a king and the other two twins, and a kitchen).

Snag it quick if you want it! We usually hosted some of the meals there!

We may do a day trip up and/or crash on a couch overnight if the schedule allows.

What? It ain't gonna be the same with out ya.

I won't have my medical by then, but who knows, I may get a wild itch and jump in the car Friday morning. If so, I'll be begging for crash space.

Yes.

But seriously, as I recall, Troy pretty much coordinated the food plans last year. I guess someone else will need to fill those shoes this time. I'm up for anything. The KISS method works for me.

I'd say we need to get a headcount first.

Ok, so it sounds like Okie is in charge.

Thank you for stepping up. ;)

Wow I'm not even going and that was really nice of Okie to step up.

Do folks still grill by the side of the runway? Anyone dump any ashes in the woods lately? :mad3:

Now that @JCranford has his new toy, he graciously released 55WB to me so I can attend.

Anyone got cabin space to share and split costs? Maybe for two if I find someone who wants to travel with me?

Ok, so it sounds like Okie is in charge.

Thank you for stepping up. ;)

You should Go. What with Okie providing all the free food...

Whoa! I stepped away from the internet, and now I'm providing the food???

I guess we're having MREs all weekend.

Nah, you don't want a sophomore Gastonite to run the show. It needs a veteran's touch.

I guess we're having MREs all weekend.
Compared to the quality level of food that we overpay for from the Gaston's restaurant.... MRE's are a major improvement.

D.A. Arkie can bring "oops we forgot" goodies up from "the big city" the day of.

Anyone know how to make a freakin table in this xenforo mess?

We could get a headcount like Okie said when he decided to be Chief of Gastons, just before he backed down from the job.

And if we are doing cooperative meals like Troy did ... can I suggest breakfast tacos for one morning and then pancakes for another? Easy to make and serve... and we all save money not eating the restaurant food.

Back