Gaston's Fly-In 2017 - Thursday Oct 12-Sunday Oct 15, 2017

And if we are doing cooperative meals like Troy did ... can I suggest breakfast tacos for one morning and then pancakes for another? Easy to make and serve... and we all save money not eating the restaurant food.
I think Mike just volunteered to head-up food service.

YqMyAZF.gif

The only time you want me in the kitchen is to either serve up the food, or wash dishes..... trust me.

Fine, I'll step up since you men seem afraid of food. Last year, we did tacos Friday evening and grilled out Saturday, and it seemed to work out well. Things we need to know though: Who has kitchens? (I think B and I only have a minifridge.) Does Gaston's have grills, or did people bring those?

Also, we need a head count.

So, if you'll be there, post the following info:
1. Names of people attending
2. Nights you will be there
3. If you have a room with a kitchen

We'll start there, then talk food details.

you get back in the kitchen and make me a sandwich woman not until I have a sandwich do you get on a forum and start typing stuff

what the......................who the........................

Fine, I'll step up since you men seem afraid of food. Last year, we did tacos Friday evening and grilled out Saturday, and it seemed to work out well. Things we need to know though: Who has kitchens? (I think B and I only have a minifridge.) Does Gaston's have grills, or did people bring those?

Name: Throttle
Nights: zero
Kitchen: Yes/No

Hope that helps.

Troy used the following website for registration last year. Seemed to work pretty well. Check it out and let me know if you want to use it.

http://whoozin.com/TJJ-J9P-MPD4

I can make you or anyone else an administrator if you want to help manage it.

Since Bryan likes to make a fresh batch of his beer for each Gaston's I sent him this idea....

Develop a new recipe and call it The Four Galaxies Ale. This way when you share it during Gaston's, you can wish the guy "May the Fours be with you" as you hand him the bottle. And to let people know that your the one who brought that delicious brew, you can make a Fours Ale sign.

@SixPapaCharlie
added my info....

Somewhere along the way, we need to figure out who is contributing what food and drink items. So we have enough of the essentials.

Yeah, Surely we can use the same spreadsheet, or start another one for food items when the time comes.

For what it's worth, I thought taco night was the shiznit and really easy. I'd vote for that again.

ok.. I moved our trip to Yosemite back a week so we're now a strong maybe for this Gaston thing.

MUST go practice grass strip landings at KFWS....

I'm being lazy on searching....can anyone tell me if you can tent camp at Gaston's?

Thanks. Probably going to be a last minute go at it and not sure if cabins will still be available.
Cabins unlikely but maybecan snare a bunk. Rooms may be available but frequently full. Sometimes can takeover someone else's reservation.

Cabins unlikely but maybecan snare a bunk. Rooms may be available but frequently full. Sometimes can takeover someone else's reservation.
Just stopped being lazy and got off the phone with them. The cancellation policy seems to be fair. Going to try to make a plan and reserve something in the next couple days. Thanks

No tent camping at Gaston's. Some people have spare room sometimes.

Unbeknownst to others, Clark has chosen to delete personal pronouns from his vocabulary.

Just stopped being lazy and got off the phone with them. The cancellation policy seems to be fair. Going to try to make a plan and reserve something in the next couple days. Thanks
If you get a cabin# greater than 20, bring roller skates....

The cabins are in a long line across from the runway. 1 through 20 are close to restaurant and the space on the runway where we gather. Beyond that, it's a long walk back to your cabin and then return when you realize you forgot something.
Grass%20Strip.jpg

bonanza-airstrip-hor.jpg

their cancellation policy is not fair at all. But you'll go anyway.

There's still a lot of cabins available right now. I suspect it's going to be smaller than prior years

Which is why I'm looking for an available bunk and share costs... Rather put the dollars into the fuel tank than the cabin.

Looks like we've got cottage 28.

The extra bedroom has two beds.

Not sure how long the walk is from there to the action.

I'm coming with my oldest son. I don't think I'm going to land on the grass though.

Why not? It's 3000ft of pretty nice grass!

I've landed there a few times before, but in singles. I'm a little worried about ground clearance and the +8000 lb ramp weight of the Conquest. A little different game and I don't need the risk.

Back