Gas goes below $3.00

But.....When will we see similar reductions in the price of 100LL?

I remember on the other side of the coin, a few years ago when I was working in Georgia. A hurricane came through and the "south's gas price gouging" started immediately as it always does after a hurricane event.

Anyway, don't recall the exact prices, but I landed in Hazlehurst, GA and filled up with 100LL. Hopped in my truck (that I kept there) and filled it up with regular unleaded the same day for about $0.30 more per gallon.

This has only happened twice (buying 100LL for less than what auto gas was selling for on the street), both times in the South, both times after hurricane events.

It's $1.96 at Cassville this morning.

But.....

When will we see similar reductions in the price of 100LL.
I realize it will take a while for any (higher priced) fuel in inventory now to be used, but will the AVGas prices at least drop some?
We just dropped the prices to $4.10, from over $5. So yes, it's being seen on 100LL too.

Still waiting for gas to fall below $3/gallon here ROTFLMAO! :nonod:

From the Anchorage Daily News:
Alaska attorney general Talis Colberg says he’ll investigate why gasoline prices here are so much higher than in the Lower 48. Gov. Sarah Palin asked him to do it. Two Anchorage state senators, Bettye Davis and Bill Wielechowski, also sent a letter to the AG asking him to see if there is price-fixing going on.
The state didn't announce anything, but Colberg sent a letter back to the senators telling them he's having the Department of Law's Consumer Protection Unit start up an investigation.

Gas prices in Honolulu (I don't believe Hawaii has any refining capacity) are now less than in Anchorage.

Still waiting for gas to fall below $3/gallon here ROTFLMAO! :nonod:

From the Anchorage Daily News:

Gas prices in Honolulu (I don't believe Hawaii has any refining capacity) are now less than in Anchorage.

Easy. Gas prices in Alaska are before the rebate. :rofl:

Filled up for right around $2.50 or so on Saturday. Today I drove out to Ohio, here north of Dayton it's $2.21, which is the cheapest I've seen.

I filled up the Excursion earlier - $2.33/gallon, $77 for 33 gallons. First time since I bought it that I've been able to do a good fill up on it for under $100.

100LL is $3.99 and KEOS (Neosho, MO). That appears to be the cheapest in our area.

$3.10 / gallon at Bridgeport, TX. Really.

Well, I finally needed to fill up, so as I was passing that WalMart ($2.09), I stopped in to see how long the lines were. Only had to wait behind 1 other car and a jerk who cut in on everybody... He was just about lynched!

Lots of stations around here now at under $2.15

Sure was nice to fill a tank for only $31!

Re: Gas goes below $2.00

Some places around me in Minnesota are $1.99 for regular now.

$1.89 in southern Iowa yesterday.

About $1.97 in Fornt Royal yesterday. The Shell & Exxon stations near my house are still at $2.97 - about the highest in the area.

Woo Hoo! Finally filled up yesterday for $1.94.9 at my local station! Even the large chain stations are getting down to $1.99 - 2.09.

I haven't had the occasion to buy any AvGas in awhile, so I'm not sure what the local FBO's are charging... But according to AirNav, Gill Aviation at KDWH is getting $3.45 for self serve 100LL (price verified today)

There are reports of some stations in Middle Tennessee now sub $2.00/gallon. The cheapest I've seen it has been $2.37.

Woo Hoo! Finally filled up yesterday for $1.94.9 at my local station! Even the large chain stations are getting down to $1.99 - 2.09.
You are going to be disappointed when/if you move back up here...

Actually I saw $2.29 the other day around Elkhorn, WI yesterday.

Around $2.59 here.

Did the price of Hummers at CarMax go back up?

As I mentioned, 2006 and 2007 H2s and H3s were going for the low $20Ks at the height of the gas price spike.

Last edited:
Yesterday, I saw Walmart had it at 2.03. Sam's club showed 1.52. That's enough difference to pay for a membership after four tanks.

And I was happy with $2.399/gal yesterday (and 5% rebate on my Shell Mastercard). Around the state of Washington that's pretty good.

Wow, $25/gallon?

That's probably a precursor of things to come.

I wonder if the gas station that sold me $4.59 gas will let me return about 50 gallons of it to them for the same price so I can fill the tank with the low $2 stuff.

That's probably a precursor of things to come.

I wonder if the gas station that sold me $4.59 gas will let me return about 50 gallons of it to them for the same price so I can fill the tank with the low $2 stuff.

Coming soon: The gasoline low price guarantee. Doesn't American Express have such a thing when you use the card?

Read an article the other day that said at the current rate oil is dropping, we will see sub $ 1.00 gas by February. I'LL believe it when I see it.

Read an article the other day that said at the current rate oil is dropping, we will see sub $ 1.00 gas by February. I'LL believe it when I see it.

Being that it held at $1.44 when I pumped it during the 70s gas shortage....I might invest in an underground storage tank - maybe buy an old gas station - if it wasn't for the pesky environmental laws. :idea:

just by a semi tanker mike. that should do, and the neighbors will love having it parked in the street :)

1.99 for ethanol blend here, i got 15 gallons of regular for the flybaby yesterday at 2.15

Last Friday-Sunday I drove a U-Haul from Atlanta to Missoula, MT and got to see quite a variety of prices. Missouri being the lowest at $1.89 which was pretty common through the state.

The sad part is that the Interstates in the Atlanta area are now PACKED again because people are stopping their car pooling and taking mass transit and I have heard that trucks and SUV sales are on the rise.

What IS IT with us as a people that we are so damn short-sighted?

The sad part is that the Interstates in the Atlanta area are now PACKED again because people are stopping their car pooling and taking mass transit and I have heard that trucks and SUV sales are on the rise.

Current events suggest a smart-assed answer, but I'll resist the temptation. :nono:

Truth to tell, so few people ("sheeple") have any clue of the long-term consequences of their actions or the actions of those with whom they interact, much less any clue about how the world truly works. It's all about immediate gratification. Since people are increasingly told that they bear no responsibility for their own actions, why should you be surprised that they forget last month's messages, this month?

Unfortunately it is the culture of the times. Nobody wants to wait for anything anymore. Instant returns on investment come to mind. People investing in the doc coms really hurt the capitalization of the railroads for example. The lure of annual returns in the double digits was too much to resist. Long term investments were no longer good enough. Gotta have it now so bad people sacrifice their future for a bigger SUV or HDTV.

In the $2.0n range here for 87 octane.

Gotta have it now so bad people sacrifice their future for a bigger SUV or HDTV.

Yeah, when I was engaged my fiancee at the time was trying to convince me that we "needed" a newer television. I have a 52" rear projection TV that I bought for $100 used. It works great, but it's 15 or 20 years old and looks it. I use it maybe once a week, sometimes less. What it came down to was that same instant gratification, not wanting to wait for anything. I told her I saw no reason to go out and spend $4,000 on a TV that we wouldn't use. I purposely do not have cable and do not want a nicer TV - it might distract me from doing things of actual purpose or importance.

I wouldn't be surprised. Not only are we going through a recession, demand for gasoline is usually lower during the winter months.

Of course, this is all very temporary. As soon as the economy picks up again, maybe in 2-3 years, we'll be at or above the prices we saw this summer. And in 10 years, well.....

-Felix

I wouldn't be surprised. Not only are we going through a recession, demand for gasoline is usually lower during the winter months.

Sub $1 gas would surprise me. The sub $2 gas doesn't. If we do see sub $1 gas, I'd only expect to see it in the places where you're now seeing gas in the range of $1.50-$1.75. Here in Pennsylvania, it's still got a ways to go before it hits that magic $2.00, we're still in the lower/mid $2s

Back