Gas goes below $3.00

Sub $1 gas would surprise me. The sub $2 gas doesn't. If we do see sub $1 gas, I'd only expect to see it in the places where you're now seeing gas in the range of $1.50-$1.75. Here in Pennsylvania, it's still got a ways to go before it hits that magic $2.00, we're still in the lower/mid $2s
Obviously, there'll still be a price gradient....but $1 is likely for quite a few places.

Saw $1.99 fuel here in north Fort Worth last night, driving home. Never thought I'd see that again (earlier this year).

We still have a ways to go, though. Houston is reporting several stations with $1.74 for regular this morning, per www.texasgasprices.com

Last edited:
Obviously, there'll still be a price gradient....but $1 is likely for quite a few places.

Yeah, it is dropping pretty quickly. If either of us see it in our municipalities, I will be very surprised (I still haven't seen sub $2 gas myself yet, and you live in California). We'll see what happens.

By the way, looking at your avatar, did you dump the Bo for something that burns more fuel with the drop in gas prices? :D

Yeah, it is dropping pretty quickly. If either of us see it in our municipalities, I will be very surprised (I still haven't seen sub $2 gas myself yet, and you live in California). We'll see what happens.
It's $2.35 here right now, down from >3 a few weeks ago. It was $2.15 or so this time last year, so we'll see....

By the way, looking at your avatar, did you dump the Bo for something that burns more fuel with the drop in gas prices? :D
I haven't yet, but it's in the works. It not only burns more fuel, it also cruises in the FLs. Let's hope it works out :fcross:

-Felix

It's $2.35 here right now, down from >3 a few weeks ago. It was $2.15 or so this time last year, so we'll see....

Wow, I'm surprised that you're paying the same or less for fuel than I am here in Pennsylvania. I'm used to California's gas prices making me gulp when compared to anywhere else.

I haven't yet, but it's in the works. It not only burns more fuel, it also cruises in the FLs. Let's hope it works out :fcross:

P-Baron I'm guessign? Good luck! Hope it works out for you! :yes:

I'm in my process as well. I've learned patience is a virtue. :)

Wow, I'm surprised that you're paying the same or less for fuel than I am here in Pennsylvania. I'm used to California's gas prices making me gulp when compared to anywhere else.
I've noticed that the typical price differences have disappeared a bit. For example, the Bay Area used to be quite a bit more expensive than Sacramento. That difference is now much less obvious.

P-Baron I'm guessign? Good luck! Hope it works out for you! :yes:

I'm in my process as well. I've learned patience is a virtue. :)
Well, it's far from a done deal. But I'd sure like to pick up 50 knots.

-Felix

$1.75 at Costco yesterday. That's the cheapest it's been since I moved to California!

$1.67 in Peoria, IL today......

All because the hedge funds had to sell their winners- their oil futures....

$1.69 today on the way back from deer camp.
What, no more band camps?

It's $1.69 in south Austin, now. It seems every time I fill up a twenty gallon tank, it has dropped another thirty cents. But, this time I'm down to a third of a tank left. How much lower will it go?

What, no more band camps?

It's $1.69 in south Austin, now. It seems every time I fill up a twenty gallon tank, it has dropped another thirty cents. But, this time I'm down to a third of a tank left. How much lower will it go?

$1.689 at several stations near my home, $1.559 on the north side of town.

But better yet, I filled the Baron with 100LL for $2.90/gal today!

$1.69 for Regular Unleaded $1.09 for E85 if you can run it.

Macon, Georgia, My Dad paid $1.59.9 for regular.
The day Katrina hit NOLA, it was $1.69.9 here in Atlanta. We have officially dropped below the Katrina line in suburban ATL as well.

$1.52 in Des Moines yesterday. At the current price of non-ethanol fuel and current grain prices, companies are officially losing money by making ethanol.

At the current price of non-ethanol fuel and current grain prices, companies are officially losing money by making ethanol.

Good. Maybe they'll take the crudenol out of the gas so I can get my mileage back.

Well, on my drive back to Colorado yesterday, I saw prices ranging from $2.99 out in the boonie towns (glad I didn't need any right then), to $1.49 in Colorado Springs!(I filled up there!). The average I filled up at was about $1.73.

But back here in the mtns, the local stations are $2.19/2.29/2.39, depending on which town you are in. I heard the COSTCO in Eagle is $1.89.

These are comparable prices to when I left here 2 years ago.

Other than that, mid 50's, little snow, and marginal skiing..... But the skies are blue and clear, and I'm not in Houston anymore!!!!

And yes, Mari,- I did stop off in COS to visit the 310... It was looking good, and was thinking that if my headsets were handy, I might have considered taking it for a spin. But after 16 hrs of driving, I knew it wouldn't be the wise move... I'll save it for sometime in the next couple of weeks!

But the skies are blue and clear, and I'm not in Houston anymore!!!!
I guess I can't give you a hard time about your screen name any more...

And yes, Mari,- I did stop off in COS to visit the 310... It was looking good, and was thinking that if my headsets were handy, I might have considered taking it for a spin. But after 16 hrs of driving, I knew it wouldn't be the wise move... I'll save it for sometime in the next couple of weeks!
Give me a call if you are in the area, although I'm headed to skool in Wichita next week.

I saw a TV interview with the CEO of GULF OIL a couple of nights ago. He stated that sub-$1.00 gas was a realistic thought. He also made it clear he did not guarantee that price, nor if it got there, that it would stay at that level for very long. But he did believe it would get there...

Meanwhile, as gas prices are still dropping around the country, up here in the mtns, it is still $2.24 at my local station... :( In Denver (less than 100 miles away), it seems the average price is below $1.60. So it is back to the usual mtn rip off....

KFTG (Front Range) has the cheapest avgas on AirNav for the Colorado Front Range. At $ 3.15 for SS/ $3.65 for FS, TacAir at APA is at $3.25 for SS while all others are FS and well over $4.00. A couple of other airports have a SS pump barely under $4.00, but most are still well over that $4.00 mark, some still up around $5.00!

Auto gas was 1.55 at Walmart in Austin last night and another instructor told me Llano (AQO) was at 2.88 for self-service. That's pretty dang good priced avgas. It was a bargain at 2.99 in early 2006.

I had a hearty laugh a couple of nights ago when I saw this at a local station:

Regular $1.74
Mid $1.84
Premium $1.94
E-85 $2.05 :D :rofl:

100LL is still $4.29 out of the truck at the home drome, but I paid $2.85 at KEFT last weekend on the way home from Ames. I looked at Airnav the other day, and there was a place in Florida at $2.38!

We're at about $1.59 for regular SS (with ethanol)
and 1C5 has 100LL FS for $3.18.

I paid $1.51 last weekend the next town above us. I heard from my friend it is now $1.49.

I saw a TV interview with the CEO of GULF OIL a couple of nights ago. He stated that sub-$1.00 gas was a realistic thought. He also made it clear he did not guarantee that price, nor if it got there, that it would stay at that level for very long. But he did believe it would get there...

Did I mention it was time to buy a 500 gallon gas storage tank to bury in the back yard? :D

Cessna 152 @ $93 per flight hour
Cessna 172 @ $116 per flight hour

That's still about 40$ more than I paid back in 2005. Fuel is still mid 4$ range here too.

Well at least it's cheaper for the owners out there. :D

Just filled up. $1.43 tonight in Raleigh NC. Wow. I guess since they only make AvGAS a few times a year it may take some time for these prices to come down. Of course they won't produce any during this low oil price spell. They will wait till it goes back up. More money in the oil companies pockets...hehe

I paid $1.53 tonight inside the DC Beltway. It's probably in the $1.35 range at the Costco Manassas.

Troy are you from Lubbock? I see you have FW in your profile I was just checking. I was in Lubbock about 3 weeks ago. found a mexican restaurant it was good.

Back