Garmin Voice control

4RNB

Line Up and Wait
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
4RNB
I've once seen a plane for sale that had voice control stuff from Garmin, never experienced such a plane.

I am undergoing an avionics upgrade and might be able to install such features.

Anyone experienced with this ability and do you have an opinion on it?

I think it is called Telligence voice command

Anyone experienced with this ability and do you have an opinion on it?
Yeah. I was taxiing to parking when I heard someone key up their mic:

"Direct to Columbia"
(a few seconds later, another key up) "Columbia Airport"
(a few more seconds later) "Columbia (pause) Well it worked yesterd..."

Don't be that guy.
(Apparently that guy was trying to use the voice recognition feature and pressed the wrong button)

Yeah. I was taxiing to parking when I heard someone key up their mic:

"Direct to Columbia"
(a few seconds later, another key up) "Columbia Airport"
(a few more seconds later) "Columbia (pause) Well it worked yesterd..."

Don't be that guy.
(Apparently that guy was trying to use the voice recognition feature and pressed the wrong button)
lol

Siri, take the wheel.

Perhaps it will be able to answer the question, "what's it doing now?" :rofl:

I'm curious how it would respond to "God D***it not that F***ing approach I said RNAV 18 Z you stupid electronic piece of S***"

I find when dealing with alexa that screaming profanity and insults makes me feel better about the fact that I wasted money on alexa in the first place. I imagine this would be similar with a proportional increase in swearing and insults based on cost delta from alexa to garmin.

I use this feature all the time commanding my GTN750Xi. It does a limited set of commands and is part of the audio panel function, so only certain audio panels will support this. It also needs a push button used to command the GTN/Audio panel. Mine is on the RH rams horn of the pilot yoke.

Attachments

• GTN 6XX-7XX Telligence™ Voice Command Guide.pdf
    661.8 KB · Views: 5
It’s pretty cool to use. You can tell it to tune to atis or whatever. The most useful part I find is to switch to tower while on an instrument approach. Don’t need to actually touch the 750 to swap to tower. It does take some getting used to it and learning the spoken comments but once you get used to it - it’s pretty helpful. It speeds things up and just reduces the workload just a bit.

I've heard mixed reviews, but all agree the Garmin ads that keep popping up can be distracting......:D

I have it in my plane and it's great. There are quite a few useful commands but tuning the radio is what I use it for most of the time.

Back