Fundraiser - New Server ($1000)

The MC obviously agrees. Why else would they have the fund raiser for him? They and I both think its wonderful how the community has turned out to help him.

But again, Nick - Jesse *volunteered* to take on the hosting functions, and when the MC agreed to it, at the time, the understanding was that Jesse would NOT be out of pocket for it, cause he had the server space already.

If Jesse ever feels the out of pocket expenses are to much, he can raise it with the MC, and the MC can take the burden from him, but please, don't try to lay a responsibility on the MC to ensure Jesse comes out in the black for something he volunteered to do. It doesn't exist.

That was geared towards the one hit wonder, not you, man. I agree with everything you said here.

If this so-called management council wants non-transparent control and to be unanswerable to no one as they are now, all funding should come from their pockets.

Not a single dime should have ever come from any other person, least of all, a single individual who was donating their time and talent.

Kenny, go away. There is no reason to make this into something that it isn't.

Last edited:
Kenny, go away. There is no reason to make this into something that it isn't.

Don't feed the troll...:D

Seriously, as an IT person myself, I have to say this board is very reliable (from a technical perspective), and that rests on your shoulders...good work!

Seriously, as an IT person myself, I have to say this board is very reliable (from a technical perspective), and that rests on your shoulders...good work!
Thank you.

Jesse, if I donate some money, would I then be moved over into the "worth knowing" category?

I think I remember what you're talking about now..to be damned if I can even find the post though. If I recall, it was a poor choice of words, in an argument some time back. I'm pretty sure I said that the way you interpreted it wasn't how I met it. I'm always willing to meet new people and thoroughly enjoy flying with people on here.

Can you even find the post?

Jesse, if I donate some money, would I then be moved over into the "worth knowing" category?
Yes.

Jesse,

I want to add my thanks and appreciation. I have a bit of an understanding what you are for the good of this community. BUT I'm sure I don't know half of it.

If I can help let me know.

Joe

I think I remember what you're talking about now..to be damned if I can even find the post though. If I recall, it was a poor choice of words, in an argument some time back. I'm pretty sure I said that the way you interpreted it wasn't how I met it. I'm always willing to meet new people and thoroughly enjoy flying with people on here.

Can you even find the post?

Jesse, my post was made out of spite. I wish to apologize to you for that. I'd delete it except that it's been quoted now.

Well, I don't spend a lot of time here. It's a great community, but I'm usually at the PB or Red Board. I don't think there's enough free time in my life for a third pilot's forum. :D

But I do drop in from time to time and think this is a pretty great place. I'd be happy to send a contribution if someone lets me know how to do so.

brian -

there is a donation button at the top of the page. don't spend too much gas money though!

brian -

there is a donation button at the top of the page. don't spend too much gas money though!

Thanks! That was easy.

I figure three hours worth of 100LL for the 172 is worth helping Jesse get out of the red. :)

Last edited:
Don't feed the troll...:D

And as one who puts up with IT, I find this board quite reliable. Good job, Jesse.

So everybody knows...most of these are just Jesse sneaking into my office and taking money out of my wallet.

I like when an ambitious young fellow shows initiative and creative approaches to problem-solving.

Hey Jesse, I see that you put an Opty 1352 in the PoA server, I actually have an opty 1354 in the mail, should be here tomorrow.

But I'll have a Phenom 8650 that could be put to good use should you need it for anything related to PoA. It's AM2+ by the way.

Back