Fundraiser - New Server ($1000)

In all seriousness, how did we go from $1005.00 to $28286.00 in a short time?

HR
A very generous anonymous corporate donation.

Last edited:
I hope you realize I was kidding. I realize now I didn't put a smily on
the post... my excuse is that it was late (I'm east coast) and had been
dealing with a leaking water heater.

A very generous anonymous corporate donation.

Seriously? Wow. That's fantastic. Or does it have something to do with today's date (4/1/09)??????????:devil:

Hmm... looks like Jesse's going to have enough money for that plane after all...

Or it's an April Fool's joke. ;)

Seriously? Wow. That's fantastic. Or does it have something to do with today's date (4/1/09)??????????:devil:

Hmm... looks like Jesse's going to have enough money for that plane after all...

Or it's an April Fool's joke. ;)

My guess is on the April fool's joke. I was looking forward to seeing what Jesse was going to do this year after last year's "avatar scramble".

DUH..... April Fool's Day.....

Ok, it's early, and my brain isn't fully functioning yet. It also had me getting screwed up trying to figure how it went from $1025 to over $28K since last night...

I guess I had better be careful when I get to the locker room this morning... One year somebody super glued all of our locks closed on our lockers. I was lucky- I had some pliers in my tool box to bust the combo dial loose. A lot of the instrs were late to line up that morning.

Beware, all! HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

In all honesty, at 5am when I first saw that total, I was wondering a big WTF too...

No, it was an anonymous corporate donation, like Jesse said.

It's a total coincidence that the board has been renamed "Prellwitz Pilots of America".

Dont close the donation option until those who are out of pocket for this project (even historical costs) are completely repaid.

No one should have to use their own resources to keep POA running!

President of POA

Dear Sir:

The success of your recent capital-raising efforts have been brought to our attention, which fall outside the recently-enacted federal guidelines. Please note the following:

1. Your CEO may be forced to resign.
2. You may expect legislation that will impose a tax rate of 90% for this unjust enrichment.
3. The speaker of the house intends to introduce legislation to require that you provide similar servers to those less fortunate and to illigal immigrants.

Yours truly

Timothy Geithner
Secretary of the Treasury.

Ha!

The joke's on him!

We don't even *HAVE* a president!

Hey - I tried to make another donation today, but the system kicked it back with a message that "The goal has already been exceeded. Your donation will be credited back to your account and will include a $500 handling fee credit."

'sup w'dat? :)

President of POA

Dear Sir:

The success of your recent capital-raising efforts have been brought to our attention, which fall outside the recently-enacted federal guidelines. Please note the following:

1. Your CEO may be forced to resign.
2. You may expect legislation that will impose a tax rate of 90% for this unjust enrichment.
3. The speaker of the house intends to introduce legislation to require that you provide similar servers to those less fortunate and to illigal immigrants.

Yours truly

Timothy Geithner
Secretary of the Treasury.

Mr. Secretary,

I will be happy to pay whatever taxes are owing upon my income. Can you tell me when my Senate confirmation hearing will be so that i can clear up this inadvertent error before serving alongside you on the Cabinet?

POA President

Dear Kind Gentlemeen,
My organisation would like to make a donation to your most esteemed Pilot of the Americas foundation.
We proposal to submit an immediate cash donations of 100,000 thousands of american dollars, $, US. This cash donations will arrive shortly, by cashiers guaranteed check in the amont of 110,000. All that we ask, is that you return 10,000 of the american dollars, to us, from our check.
When you recieve our cheks, kindly submit the amount to us at the adress below. To acellerates the process, you may wish to email me you bank account number and social securuity number.
Many thanks and I awaits your response!

Dear Kind Gentlemeen,
My organisation would like to make a donation to your most esteemed Pilot of the Americas foundation.
We proposal to submit an immediate cash donations of 100,000 thousands of american dollars, $, US. This cash donations will arrive shortly, by cashiers guaranteed check in the amont of 110,000. All that we ask, is that you return 10,000 of the american dollars, to us, from our check.
When you recieve our cheks, kindly submit the amount to us at the adress below. To acellerates the process, you may wish to email me you bank account number and social securuity number.
Many thanks and I awaits your response!

You forgot:

I hope God finds you well.

My agent and courier, Mr. Okombu, will arrive at your door to collect the money.

Since we raised over 28 times the request can we all, except for the anonymous corporate donor, receive a 2700% return on our investment and still get the new server:lightning::lightning::goofy:

Since we raised over 28 times the request can we all, except for the anonymous corporate donor, receive a 2700% return on our investment and still get the new server:lightning::lightning::goofy:

Do that and Congress will want to slap a 90% tax on us!!!!

DOH wrong forum!!!! Back to the SpinZone.:devil::goofy::ihih:

" We have received a total of $1085 in donations towards our goal of $1000"

Good deal (above)

Now I encourage changing the goal to an amount which will cover everyone's out of pocket expenses. (at least)

The extra money is rerouted to the Pilots of America Management Council Slush Fund Account. We're eying Cancun as this year's PoA MC Annual Management Retreat.

I can see it now; bucha richy-rich executives fly in on their private planes...:skeptical:

On the Cancun agenda? Landing stimulus money for POA!!! :cornut:

What is the "1" between the green bar and the "Donate Now" link?

EDIT: 'View Source' makes it appear it's just an artifact of a misplaced '1' in the html.

Code:
</table>
1<br />

Last edited:
For those that are interested---the new server and all of its components were ordered last week. If the server/parts arrive before the weekend it is possible that we could be live on the new server, perhaps on Sunday. We'll see.

What is the "1" between the green bar and the "Donate Now" link?

where is the Donate Now link at all?
Please put it back, front and center. Users should have to trip over it until they send in a few pesos.

The numbers I heard, Jesse is still OUT OF POCKET almost a thousand bucks to provide this FREE service to us.

Til then, I believe you can send him $ via paypal at

jesse (insert "@" here) jesseangell DOT com

(I run a simple yahoochat and have a small idea of what it takes to run even that....I can't imagine all the stuff necessary to keep this up and running on a server.)

Last edited by a moderator:
where is the Donate Now link at all?
Please put it back, front and center. Users should have to trip over it until they send in a few pesos.

The numbers I heard, Jesse is still OUT OF POCKET almost a thousand bucks to provide this FREE service to us.

Til then, I believe you can send him $ via paypal at

jesse (insert "@" here) jesseangell DOT com

(I run a simple yahoochat and have a small idea of what it takes to run even that....I can't imagine all the stuff necessary to keep this up and running on a server.)
I don't believe in hiding financials..so here they are.

I have paid $2060 out of pocket towards Pilots of America hosting expenses.

Our recent fundraiser raised $1340.94. I spent $905.03 of that on our new server.

$435.91 has went towards re-paying me.

As of right now, I am out $1624.09.

I've received much pressure to re-enable the donation link and have done so. I DO NOT EXPECT TO BE RE-PAID. I have paid out of pocket because I believe in this site.

Keep in mind--this new server purchase will ELIMINATE our monthly expenses for the foreseeable future.

I don't believe in hiding financials..so here they are.

I have paid $2060 out of pocket towards Pilots of America hosting expenses.

Our recent fundraiser raised $1340.94. I spent $905.03 of that on our new server.

$435.91 has went towards re-paying me.

As of right now, I am out $1624.09.

I've received much pressure to re-enable the donation link and have done so. I DO NOT EXPECT TO BE RE-PAID. I have paid out of pocket because I believe in this site.

Keep in mind--this new server purchase will ELIMINATE our monthly expenses for the foreseeable future.

BZ to you, Jesse. I was glad to donate to the server, and I appreciate your efforts to and financial support of POA!

-Skip

I don't believe we ought to hide the financials, either, and I especially don't believe Jesse ought to carry out of pocket expenses to run our board.

Thanks for all your hard work!

All of the parts for the server have arrived..

It is my goal to complete the following this weekend:

1. Assemble the server
  2. Perform burn-in testing to ensure server is stable under load
  3. Install Linux and configure all the required software to run PoA
  4. Transport the server to Omaha to rackmount it
  5. Install server in data center
  6. Write scripts to perform automated backups
  7. Migrate PoA
We'll see if we can get through all that before Monday :)

All of the parts for the server have arrived..

It is my goal to complete the following this weekend:

1. Assemble the server
  2. Perform burn-in testing to ensure server is stable under load
  3. Install Linux and configure all the required software to run PoA
  4. Transport the server to Omaha to rackmount it
  5. Install server in data center
  6. Write scripts to perform automated backups
  7. Migrate PoA
We'll see if we can get through all that before Monday :)
Nah, do it on Tuesday, while we're en route to KEYW, so I don't have to suffer through any outage! :)

Nah, do it on Tuesday, while we're en route to KEYW, so I don't have to suffer through any outage! :)

Grant, this is Jesse we're talking about.

Down time will be measured in nanoseconds. If that.

Back