Fun twins

Mtns2Skies

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Mtns2Skies
No not those fun twins, get your mind out of the gutter.

Are there any multi-engine planes that aren't solely go-places planes?

Only one that comes to my mind is the Piper Apache.

Does the Twin Cam count?
aircam-formation.jpg

Pretty much covered here.

If you want a fun twin, I'd go CriCri.

Here are another couple of fun twins

tumblr_nxl1hlNQy61qcr6iqo1_500.jpg

Twin Seabee..........

500px-Zzzpln1.jpg

Many moons ago. OK, maybe 8 years, the A&P who did all the flying club's work rebuilt a Twin Bee for one of the members. It was a beauty when he was done. (Although, frankly, SeeBees and TwinBees are really odd looking airplanes, OK?)

The member wanted it to fly to the Bahamas with his wife. His wife insisted on a twin for over ocean flying. The A&P said they'd make 1 trip tops. 100 knot airplane while burning 20 gallons/hour. I don't know how it all turned out, but he certainly did a beautiful job on the rebuild. May he rest in peace.

John

do not consider a champion lancer worst pos i ever owned. fun to look at on the ramp, **** in the air

well the 402 lancer was a go nowhere aircraft

No Photoshop here. These twin-Super Cub, twin-Tri-Pacer and twin-Ercoupes actually flew. The Cub and Tri-Pacer had extended prop shafts on one side to stagger the propeller arcs.

Wagner-cubtwin.jpg

Twin%2BCoupe.jpg

Twin_Ercoupe_1203.jpg
Twin mustang too!
North_American_F-82B_USAF.jpg

I disagree with the OP's premise. I've flown about a dozen different twin types and for me they were all fun.

I disagree with the OP's premise. I've flown about a dozen different twin types and for me they were all fun.
I may have phrased it wrong.

I was thinking of a twin that can be used for solo sight seeing, nearby $100 hamburger, stuff you'd think a 172 is for. Obviously not going to be doing that in a 414 or probably a 310, maybe a seminole.

Horrible pic of the DA62. It's bigger than it looks.
d92685a0553e02456f6e2d8e6729c6f9.jpg

And Adams A500
6c29962a2423e8eb0f45c196747f84c2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate to say this, but I'm having all sorts of fun in a so-called "non-fun" twin.

Damnit Ted!

Back