Fun twins

Not true. If the airplane is capable of going above 25,000, you need the endorsement no matter how low you plane on flying.

Dave is correct, @Mtns2Skies

I had to get the endorsement when I started flying the Cheyenne and Commander, even though we never flew the Cheyenne above FL250, and normally didn't fly it above FL220.

The owner of the Cheyenne had no instrument rating, but still needed his high altitude endorsement.

Where did that come from?

61.31(g) says:

It doesn't matter how high you fly; it's how high the plane can fly that drives the requirement.
I stand corrected. I was going purely off of the advisory curricular that Nate had posted.

I stand corrected. I was going purely off of the advisory curricular that Nate had posted.

If you think about the regulations, it has to do with the capability of the aircraft, not your particular use of it. So for example, you still need a high performance endorsement even if you only operated a 250 HP plane at altitudes where it would make under 200 HP (say Colorado) or if you operated it part throttle. You'd still need a complex endorsement even if you left the gear down and never touched the prop lever.

If you think about the regulations, it has to do with the capability of the aircraft, not your particular use of it. So for example, you still need a high performance endorsement even if you only operated a 250 HP plane at altitudes where it would make under 200 HP (say Colorado) or if you operated it part throttle. You'd still need a complex endorsement even if you left the gear down and never touched the prop lever.
c906e9de82fbf1cb482b62a4c60fc1a9.jpg

Reactions: Ted
re champ 402c lancer. had metal props,had heal brakes,had a gear 2 position toggle switch giving you a red or green lite, was certified with signal engine sink rate.you could get a full multi rating till around 2005 when the lancer rule was adopted. i owned ser #25 out of 25 delivered.folks who have been quoting Wikipedia are in error.

Where did that come from?

61.31(g) says:

It doesn't matter how high you fly; it's how high the plane can fly that drives the requirement.

Not true. If the airplane is capable of going above 25,000, you need the endorsement no matter how low you plane on flying.

I'm practicing that sneaky instructor thing...

"Here's the Advisory Circular..." ... stares at you with a questioning look when you say it doesn't apply...

Just reeling out the line... Let the fish swim out a bit...

"Are you sure?"

:)

yes, it was somewhat fast, but from what i was told by those that had flown it, it was a hand full to fly. not my idea of fun.

Well that quote is from Dick Rutan. He said it was one of the best handling aircraft that they've designed. Now Voyager, he said that had horrible handling qualities.

Back