Flying to Raleigh, NC... Looking for PIREPs

texasag93

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
texasag93
I have to fly to Raleigh, NC next weekend.

I am looking to go to Raleigh Exec (KTTA).

Any PIREPs?

Fuel is was less than KRDU. We are staying about a week.

Thanks.

been in n out a coupl'a times but never parked there for days. u just looking for fees?

calling @midlifeflyer

Any PIREPs?

Thanks.
I'm based at TTA (along with a 400 member flying Club).

Good group of folks. Good mechanics if you need them. Friendly atmosphere. Good runway. Decent tie downs. Don't know about the availability of hangars for transients.

They are doing some work in the taxiways. It's phased so that there is alway a way to get to the ramp, but be sure to check NOTAMS. I heard they are going to have a few nights (10pm-7am) when the runway will br closed.

I've been to TTA a few times (though I still have a hard time not say Sanford). Nice place. I got a buddy there who left me his truck so I didn't have to worry about ground transportation.

We have a conference at Duke. We arrive Saturday (weather dependent) and can leave whenever we want.

I was looking at flying into KIGX, but there are no precision approaches.

Both airports are the same distance to our destination. I called TTA and Enterprise will deliver the car to the FBO.

I am not looking for a hangar. I just use the airplane cover and go. It is in a hangar when at the home drome.

TTA does not charge a ramp fee when you get fuel. I always buy fuel when I go anywhere, unless the price is crazy. 100LL is $5.10, RDU is $7.

Any PIREPs?

Thanks.

Be sure to check NOTAMS carefully. There is runway construction going on, including nighttime closures for at least this weekend and next week.

KTTA is my old base. My father still flies out of there and is a mechanic there. They are nice people but can come across as unwelcoming unless you are buying jetA. Lots of traffic on nice days. It’s in the middle of nowhere, at least 15 minute drive to food unless you eat gas station food. Easy hop onto US1 to get to the RDU area. Be sure to get the gate code if you plan to depart after hours.

Be sure to check NOTAMS carefully. There is runway construction going on, including nighttime closures for at least this weekend and next week.

Runway NOTAM expires at 6AM the day I arrive. I will continue to check for updates.

There are taxiway NOTAMS, but I was told by the FBO that there is always a way to get to the FBO.

Thanks!

Back