filming documentary at Gastons this year

It would be great to be able to debut it at this coming Gastons, if not sooner, but to have a showing of it there.

Update:

I just spoke with Will Hawkins, and he sends his greetings to everyone.

Many are the challenges that Will and his partner, Rico, have encountered since last we all hammed it up in front of his cameras, but he tells me that they have actually been editing on the G08 video and hope to have some deliverable product soon. They have also been busy working on some interesting projects (of the bill-paying kind, praise be), and have others in the pipeline.

But the key message is and remains, we are not forgotten. I imagine I am not alone in saying: bring it on!

Thanks for the update, Spike. :thumbsup:

Update:

I just spoke with Will Hawkins, and he sends his greetings to everyone.

Many are the challenges that Will and his partner, Rico, have encountered since last we all hammed it up in front of his cameras, but he tells me that they have actually been editing on the G08 video and hope to have some deliverable product soon. They have also been busy working on some interesting projects (of the bill-paying kind, praise be), and have others in the pipeline.

But the key message is and remains, we are not forgotten. I imagine I am not alone in saying: bring it on!

I talked to Will today too, and asked him about it. He said "We're at least half done with it, but we had to work on some things that actually paid money." :yes:

I did see the little part that he had done when I was out in CA in late August, and it was PHENOMENAL. You know how most of the time when you see a media reproduction of an event that you participated in, it doesn't capture what you feel about what really happened at that event? Well, this isn't that way AT ALL. The film was damn near as good as actually being there. Will truly gets it. I have a feeling that once it's done we're all gonna be watching it every time we wish Gaston's was a bit closer, and that's gonna be often. :)

Isn't that kind of like playing flight sim while you're in an airplane? :rofl:
Uh..That is the safest way to fly. I set X-Plane to real world weather and then fly about 10 miles in front of where I actually am. I can easily penetrate thunderstorms--if I can get through in X-plane I can get through in real life. Really, X-Plane is how I make all my weather decisions.

Uh..That is the safest way to fly. I set X-Plane to real world weather and then fly about 10 miles in front of where I actually am. I can easily penetrate thunderstorms--if I can get through in X-plane I can get through in real life. Really, X-Plane is how I make all my weather decisions.

It's true, I've seen him do it. It's also how I learned how to do single engine aerobatics in a King Air, and how I learned to land at at Mach 3 with one wing. Most people don't realize it, but a King Air 200 is actually one of the best aerobatic planes out there.

Jesse, this sort of keen insight is precisely why I refuse to buy into the generally-accepted "Jesse is a nut" mindset. You're a visionary.

Well heck when you're weathered in in IA you gotta amuse yourself somehow. And when you are bored with flying flight sims there's always Driving to Des Moines in a snow storm....especially when a californian is driving. :D

I saw Spike's Bo departing Gastons in the Pilot's Story trailer!

Cool, I had not seen that.

If you watch it through, there is also one of Jesse's low passes (not as low as usual, in deference to the cameraman, I think), near the end.

We're famous!

Ish.

If you watch it through, there is also one of Jesse's low passes (not as low as usual, in deference to the cameraman, I think), near the end.

Will was off to the side, with my daughter who was assisting him, and me... he placed the camera on the grass, and I can tell you he was visibly and audibly CRINGING as the plane made its pass.... I think he had visions of HD camera chips flying out of the propeller arc. ;-)

Yeah I'm trying to think of a way to rig my new iPod Touch to the autopilot with xplane :p

Last edited:
Note, in promo 1 on the movie page, two of us from Gaston's are there...

Back