filming documentary at Gastons this year

Re: filming documentary at Gasons this year

Wouldn't Mr. Ford need a bigger runway?

Wouldn't Mr. Ford need a bigger runway?
Nope.
ASEL, ASES, AMEL, IA, Rotorcraft - Helicopter. Just got a new one in March, though his medical is due in the next couple of weeks.

Shucks, he flies a DHC Beaver- hardly needs a runway at all!

Lastly, focusing on the job at hand, I have an example that just popped up on the red board. Serendipity? Maybe. Have a look and see what you think. This sample was an award winning short film, about one of the most well known faces in the world. Please note that in the film, there is no time when there isn't a plane, helicopter, or flying sequence for the entire film. Yes, there's a few face shots, and a voice over which is fine. But the focus of the film is aviation, and one person's journey in aviation.

http://www.asterpix.com/console/?avi=8525571

I wish Gaston's would allow plane camping, I would sincerely like to attend, but plane camping is my interest. Everyone please have a good time, enjoy, and fly safe, and my apologies as well for the negative turn, and my part in the conflagration.

<really, and truly disconnecting> :cheerswine:

Doc,

this is precisely the kind of films I like to make. Thank you for the link. I would love to reach out to Mr. Ford and get an interview. But I have heard that he likes his privacy. But maybe I should. Anyway thanks again for the comments and the link.

-Will

I wish Gaston's would allow plane camping, I would sincerely like to attend...

Just one of the many, many ways Gaston's is out of touch with its customers. When the "lodge" is full, there is absolutely no reason not to allow camping.

Just one of the many, many ways Gaston's is out of touch with its customers. When the "lodge" is full, there is absolutely no reason not to allow camping.

Local ordnances that would make them have a potty/shower house?

id be more than happy to throw jesse in the river on camera. cant wait to see you Will!

Re: filming documentary at Gaston's this year

id be more than happy to throw jesse in the river on camera.
It seems like there is a story about that, but I can't remember what it is now. Was Jesse bad? :dunno: ;)

It seems like there is a story about that, but I can't remember what it is now. Was Jesse bad? :dunno: ;)

Seems to me that there is no real need for an excuse- "because it [the river] is there" is good enough!

Gason's, to me, seems to be one of the more magical fly ins I have heard of. And I would love to share that we anyone that will watch. I want this film to be about old and new friends coming together, from all over, because of this message board, Gaston's, and aviation. I hope to capture the beauty of the Gastons resort, and the magic that pulls you all there.
Will, I love your sentiment and your intention. :yes:

Thank you all for the support you have shown in this thread. I can't wait to be there to experience it with you all.

Thanks again and we will see you soon
-Will
I really enjoy your positive attitude and enthusiasm, and am looking forward to meeting you. :yes:

Here is an interesting thread about Gaston's that I posted a few years ago that has to do with capturing people on film (some people mistakenly didn't take me seriously!):

http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7767

Oh, and Gaston's has a "t" in it, so I changed my post title to reflect that. I've trying to find a nice and delicate way to mention that, so this is the best I could do this morning. :redface:

Oh, and Gaston's has a "t" in it, so I changed my post title to reflect that. I've trying to find a nice and delicate way to mention that, so this is the best I could do this morning. :redface:

Hee hee hee so you should know I am a good photographer and film maker. However I have never been a good typist or speller. LOL So I am guessing that was a typo. Sorry all.

Diana, I can't wait to meet you as well. And to see all the friends I made last year at Osh. I am glad my excitement about this project is coming though and you all can see it in my misspellings and typos LOL

See you all soon.

-Will

Seems to me that there is no real need for an excuse- "because it [the river] is there" is good enough!

i cant remember exactly why we were going to throw jesse in the river.

oh wait.

he resurrected the treadmill thread.

and he had his avatar of him and me holding hands.

reason enough.

People being tossed into the river? Sounds like some good action shots. I am seeing nice slow-mo in beautiful 1080 HD. Nice! LOL

-Will

Hi all,

Well I am all ready for filming. My crew and I will be at the resort late Thursday night, or very early morning. And when I mean crew I mean my self and one other guy. Hee hee hee.

Anyway I thought you all would like to get a taste of the kinds of films I make. This is a trailer for another film I am working on. We are currently looking for investors to help make this film. So if any one knows anyone that would like to be involved with helping out on the next "16R" kind of film please send them my way.

Ok on to the trailer.
http://wilcofilms.com/reel.html

Thanks
-Will

Hi all,

Well I am all ready for filming. My crew and I will be at the resort late Thursday night, or very early morning. And when I mean crew I mean my self and one other guy. Hee hee hee.

Anyway I thought you all would like to get a taste of the kinds of films I make. This is a trailer for another film I am working on. We are currently looking for investors to help make this film. So if any one knows anyone that would like to be involved with helping out on the next "16R" kind of film please send them my way.

Ok on to the trailer.
http://wilcofilms.com/reel.html

Thanks
-Will

Wow, this is fantastic, Will! Looking forward to being a part of the Gastons documentary.

Thanks everybody.

-Will

yeah...that's great, Top notch stuff!

I want to see it! I'm presently on dial-up at the lightening speed of 28 Kbps. How big is the file?
Never mind. I did it on my iPhone...didn't know it would play QuickTime stuff. :redface:

Looks great!!! Love that music too.

Best idea I've got that would be cool is if you used a lot of very busy traffic audio as the audio track at the beginning with the titles and names showing.

Best idea I've got that would be cool is if you used a lot of very busy traffic audio as the audio track at the beginning with the titles and names showing.

Great idea. I will see what we can do. It is easy to record off of my handheld so we will do that.

Also I was going to bring a DVD of the trailer for the "movie night" if anyone wants we can put it on, along with some of the other videos I have worked on.

See you all soon.

-Will

Will, are you still planning on doing some video from the air?

Will, are you still planning on doing some video from the air?

OH YA,

I will have a small camera with me that I will hand to people that would like to film their rides and or mount it some where in the planes. I am also looking for people that might like to do some formation flying over the landscape, so we can get some nice air to air. Low and slow so I can hang out a window and film the other plane. Anyone into that?

-Will

OH YA,

I will have a small camera with me that I will hand to people that would like to film their rides and or mount it some where in the planes. I am also looking for people that might like to do some formation flying over the landscape, so we can get some nice air to air. Low and slow so I can hang out a window and film the other plane. Anyone into that?

-Will

Will,

I'll have my Husky there (no window to shoot through) and have formation training and experience. I'll be happy to fly a little so you can film.

OH YA,

-Will
Will, check your private messages. :)

Wow, great trailer Will! I can't wait to see that come to fruition for you! Have I mentioned that I wish I was going to be at Gaston's? :(

Will,

I'll have my Husky there (no window to shoot through) and have formation training and experience. I'll be happy to fly a little so you can film.

Well if you are willing to let me hang out the window and promise not to bump into any planes in the sky then I will take you up on it. Hee hee Thanks big time for the offer. I am going to start a tread about a Film Crew Volunteer meeting Friday night so if anyone wants to help they can come check out what we are doing.

THanks again for the offer, I have been wanting t see if filming out of a Husky will work.

-Will

Very nice! Aviation is for happy people. I love that....

Update:

I just spoke with Will Hawkins, and he sends his greetings to everyone.

Many are the challenges that Will and his partner, Rico, have encountered since last we all hammed it up in front of his cameras, but he tells me that they have actually been editing on the G08 video and hope to have some deliverable product soon. They have also been busy working on some interesting projects (of the bill-paying kind, praise be), and have others in the pipeline.

But the key message is and remains, we are not forgotten. I imagine I am not alone in saying: bring it on!

Back