Faq disk and STCs

DFH65

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
DFH65
Should all STCs for a specific aircraft be included on the disk from the FAA? Auto gas for example.

No. The FAA only knows about a STC that was installed with a 337. Auto gas STC is only a piece of paper and the FAA doesn't know about it.

Should all STCs for a specific aircraft be included on the disk from the FAA? Auto gas for example.

Its not the FAA's job to maintain the owner's aircraft records. That responsibly falls solely on the aircraft owner. The FAA registration branch is only going to have what they physically received.

Just curious reviewing the disk on a plane I am considering. Very fast turn around from the Faa less than a week.

Even then they make mistakes. I know that I'm missing backsides of forms that they included frontsides on some of mine.
Auto gas STC is only a piece of paper and the FAA doesn't know about it.
Huh? The FAA very much should know about it. Part of "installing" the STC is not just sticking the placards on, but preparing the 337 and sending it to the FAA. It's a "paperwork only" STC (with small exception) but that paperwork includes filing the 337.

Auto gas STC is only a piece of paper
And a major alteration.
43 App A
(vi) Conversions of any sort for the purpose of using fuel of a rating or grade other than that listed in the engine specifications.

I'll agree with those who believe the FAA only knows what they are told.

If they got the 337 it will be in the file if isn't a resent addition,, like 6 weeks.

There are a few antique A/C that were approved to run auto on a field approval. These are done on aircraft that were certified on 80 Octfuel, and back then auto had no alcohol, and was leaded anyway. and there were no STCs.

I'd bet those aircraft are all hanging from some museum ceiling some where.

The answer to your question is "YES"

Back