Explain Motor Homes to me, please...

I saw that and spoke with the owner Very friendly fellow. He even gave me a quick tour of his RV (a Roadtrek 190 forget which year)

Now those dont have much of a bathroom. More of a pregnant conversion van than an RV. Great way to travel, small enough that you dont need to tow a car, you just need to schedule a stop at a motel once in a while to take a shower.

Some of the Roadtreks can be had without an external AC and with a straight bus exterior. Allows those of us who exist in subdivisions with idiot covenants to park their 'van' on their property.

Yeah, that's a normal bathroom. Have been in the bathroom at a Four Seasons? For $400k you can live at the Four Seasons for over 5 years.

I made it clear that I understood a bathroom is larger at the Four Seasons and asked how much space you need for your manscaping. LOL!

Now those dont have much of a bathroom. More of a pregnant conversion van than an RV. Great way to travel, small enough that you dont need to tow a car, you just need to schedule a stop at a motel once in a while to take a shower.

Or even a good truck stop. Have you seen the fancy shower systems at some of the better truck stops lately? Digital signage enough and automated announcements to make Hertz Gold jealous, clean, electronic locks with a PIN that's only activated after the shower is available and only to you during your timeframe, yadda yadda.

Not the Four Seasons, but some of them don't look too bad. Many are cleaner and better run than some gym showers and locker rooms I've seen, with WAY more privacy.

Kent or someone who's driven for a living might know how commonplace these modern systems are, but I've seen a number of them at Flying J and other large truck stop chains in a number of states now.

I know. The image of the truck stop isn't one of clean modern facilities, but many seem to be trying to replace that stigma.

I made it clear that I understood a bathroom is larger at the Four Seasons and asked how much space you need for your manscaping. LOL!

Or even a good truck stop. Have you seen the fancy shower systems at some of the better truck stops lately? Digital signage enough and automated announcements to make Hertz Gold jealous, clean, electronic locks with a PIN that's only activated after the shower is available and only to you during your timeframe, yadda yadda.

Not the Four Seasons, but some of them don't look too bad. Many are cleaner and better run than some gym showers and locker rooms I've seen, with WAY more privacy.

Kent or someone who's driven for a living might know how commonplace these modern systems are, but I've seen a number of them at Flying J and other large truck stop chains in a number of states now.

I know. The image of the truck stop isn't one of clean modern facilities, but many seem to be trying to replace that stigma.

It ain't the manscaping that takes the space. When I was staying at Four Seasons, I was doing so as a 'kept man'.;)

Most all the big truck stops have nice showers. When I lived on my 27' sailboat off Shelter Island in San Diego, I had keys to all the yacht club and marina heads and showers around town.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: You don't get around much do you? Four Seasons has wonderful establishments in the best spots all over the world, they will welcome you the same at each and every one of them.

When you sink your gums into your stated position you don't deal well when people disagree. No matter that four seasons is here and there, they are always where you Left them, not where you're going.

The RV goes everywhere you go, the hotel is either behind you, somewhere, or somewhere, up ahead, you hope.

Yeah, that's a normal bathroom. Have been in the bathroom at a Four Seasons? For $400k you can live at the Four Seasons for over 5 years.

Hmmm..

The 4 Seasons here in Jackson charges 550.00 to 1200.00 a NIGHT....

Let's see.. 5 years = 1825 nights....

At the cheapest rate you pay over ONE MILLION bucks... And in the end, all you have is a stack of credit card bills and no equity...:no:...

Jus sayin..:rolleyes:

When you sink your gums into your stated position you don't deal well when people disagree. No matter that four seasons is here and there, they are always where you Left them, not where you're going.

The RV goes everywhere you go, the hotel is either behind you, somewhere, or somewhere, up ahead, you hope.

I have absolutely nothing agains traveling by motor home, I rather enjoy it. I also rather enjoy staying at the Four Seasons or on a yacht be it 25' or 250'. I have done them all and understand the appeal and detract ions from them all. Heck, my question really is, "Why choose one?":dunno: They're all fun.

Hmmm..

At the cheapest rate you pay over ONE MILLION bucks... And in the end, all you have is a stack of credit card bills and no equity...:no:...

Paying that much to stay in a hotel -- any hotel -- is absurd. In fact, it's an IQ test, really.

There is no four-seasons on the north rim of the Grand Canyone, in Bryce or Glacier park. You can't grill your own food on the deck of your room and they frown on you bringing your own booze to consume on the premises.

Where did that stupid comparison even come from ?

Hmmm..

Not that I would ever pay that much to stay somewhere - but if you told them you were going to buy a room for 5 years you would be paying a substantially lower rate.

Hmmm..

Those rates are 'rack' rates, the Four Seasons, as all hotels have 'loyalty' rates for people who frequently stay, Ekaterina was paying $200-275 a night regardless where and stays probably 100 days plus a year with them. You should have seen our bungalow in Bali, here's the balcony.
image.jpg

Last edited:
There is no four-seasons on the north rim of the Grand Canyone, in Bryce or Glacier park. You can't grill your own food on the deck of your room and they frown on you bringing your own booze to consume on the premises.

Where did that stupid comparison even come from ?

Level of luxury.

Here is another reason to fly to a nice hotel...

This pic was taken by a full-time RVer (the roadable kind!) earlier today.

a1518da6436e8fa0cad2051a8b82d515.jpg

Another interstate. I don't understand traveling for pleasure on an interstate. Next time take back roads, see real America scenery. I did one trip from Alaska back to Texas, not in an Rv. No interstate, all back roads. Met a lot of awesome local people, saw some great scenery and stayed in independently owned motels, not chain cookie cutter over priced hotels. Going back roads took a little longer, but it was definitely worth it.

If I had flown, I would not have stayed in a hotel anywhere.

Jay, you own a hotel and cannot understand the other side of the coin. You are also bias to flying, vs other forms of transportation. Hence, you will never understand why people enjoy their RV's. This is not picking on you or saying your wrong! But, less than 1% of Americans own a plane, so your opinion is in the minority there.

Again, RV's are what planes were suppose to be, but failed to be!

Here is another reason to fly to a nice hotel...

This pic was taken by a full-time RVer (the roadable kind!) earlier today.

a1518da6436e8fa0cad2051a8b82d515.jpg

I can show you a pic of 15 bizjets lined up to depart teterboro. Just as irrelevant to the question.

Jay, you own a hotel and cannot understand the other side of the coin. You are also bias to flying, vs other forms of transportation. Hence, you will never understand why people enjoy their RV's. This is not picking on you or saying your wrong! But, less than 1% of Americans own a plane, so your opinion is in the minority there.

Nope, wrong. I own a 29' motor home (just put another $697 into it today -- ugh), and enjoy it immensely -- on short vacations.

But to live in? Every day, forever? To spend $350K, and drive from cement slab to cement slab, as opposed to flying my personal airplane around the country, staying in fine hotels, for LESS money?

That's what I don't get. I just can't make the numbers work.

Last edited:

Not all planes. ;)

cessna-caravan-amphi-8_600x0w.jpg

Actually, there are several seaplanes I have come across and a PC-12 that are set up as flying RVs.

Back