Ever seen a UFO?

Yea. Delayed their visit to sometime after forever just like we have.
Anyone that's serious about space travel wouldn't be using politics or money as a basis of being operational. It's just not possible. Canceled programs after a decade won't get them anywhere and dollar wary designs creating Apollo 13 type disasters don't work too well when the free return trajectory takes 6500 years.

And I doubt they'd be making a multi light year trip in a single spacecraft the size of a B727 or CE172 like all the classic UFO's appear to be.

You mean Buck Rogers is not ALL true? Every word? Every episode?

Wow. Sucks to me.

Last edited:
Was it Buck Rogers who sold secret decoder rings? I can't recall who the heck it was. I never had one, but one of my friends had one. I can't remember how it works either. I seem to recall that I was not impressed with it's magical decoding stuff.

John

I can't recall anyone on a ship at sea reporting a sighting either.

USS Enterprise the first nuclear powered carrier was supposedly a ufo magnet. Many reported and probably many non reported sightings. More ufo's are reported at sea than in the air. Maybe because the FAA isn't involved in shipping.

I saw one once as a kid. It was about 1975 in Germany. My family lived in a house on a hillside in Gelnhausen. A train track with overhead electric power ran through the valley.

Early one morning while eating breakfast I saw an airborne fireball randomly drifting through the valley. It only lasted a few seconds, maybe a minute, and then it disappeared.

I later did some UFO research at the library. The best explanation seemed to be that dust and debris, bird feathers, etc. accumulated at a spot on the overhead power line. A spark from a passing train lit the debris on fire and it floated away.

I thought fer sure it was a UFO at first. :cornut:

Last edited:
My Jeep windshield was broken by a UFO, we never saw what broke it, just a Smack and it was gone.

When I was about 9 years old I flew a kite on a 1000 ft line from my backyard at night with a battery powered blinking light on it and it actually generated some calls to the police reporting a UFO hoovering over houses. So yes, I've seen a UFO although it wasn't "unknown" to me.

IIRC, he got a description of the box and the mile marker, and a more running commentary of exactly where the trucker was -- and with traffic not too heavy, that would be enough if you knew the road well enough.

And there is NOT a whole heckuva lot of traffic on I-24 at night. The Wendell Ford Parkway, close enough to zero that the truck they were talking to might be the first one they'd see in that 30 miles...

UFO does not necessarily mean alien space craft. U is unidentified. If it's known that it's alien (and the only way to know that is to be aware of all top secret projects that every gov't is working on) then it's no longer unidentified.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the UFO sightings were F-117s, SR-71s, B2s, etc...

attachment.php

Attachments

• USAF aircraft identification chart.gif
    USAF aircraft identification chart.gif
    15.8 KB · Views: 181
Virtually everyone in the civilized world carries a cell phone, complete with built-in camera. Add to that the vast number of people who always have a decent point and shoot camera with them and the number of people who carry high end cameras a lot of places. I'm convinced that if flying saucers exist, someone would have gotten a decent picture by now.

And no, I've never seen a UFO, although I did "chase" the reflection from a metal roof for a several minutes once upon a time before I figured out what it was.

In 1991, I was driving into the Helena valley. My son and I observed a bright light in the sky where I would estimate it was perhaps 20 to 50 miles away and into the flight levels. My initial thought was some sort of after-burners creating the light. So, we kept looking. As time went on, we became more curious because it appeared that the light was just sitting in the same location for several minutes and its size did not change. Then, suddenly, it began accelerating away and up at a fantastically rate of speed and disappeared within a few seconds.

So, yes, we had seen an object that was flying that we could not identify.

Virtually everyone in the civilized world carries a cell phone, complete with built-in camera. Add to that the vast number of people who always have a decent point and shoot camera with them and the number of people who carry high end cameras a lot of places. I'm convinced that if flying saucers exist, someone would have gotten a decent picture by now.

Ah but didn't you know that the super secret organizations put special software in all those camera's that will identify then blur or eliminate the image of the ufo. There's even a special chemical in film that won't image those vehicles properly.

The ufo conspiracy theory people will never let anything rational interfere with their beliefs.
:crazy:

I've seen a few, but wouldn't bet on them being from outer space, just something I couldn't figgure out what it was.

My Jeep windshield was broken by a UFO, we never saw what broke it, just a Smack and it was gone.

A rock like the ones that have cost my insurance company several windshields on my Jeep? :D

I was sitting in a field at night and watched a couple satellites pass by, and then I saw a particularly bright one (Figured it was the ISS) and then it made a 90 degree turn, picked up speed, and went out of sight. It scared me so bad, it still gives me chills

Yeah, we see them all the time. Of course, once they get closer we can identify them and know if it's our flying metal tube or someone else's. =P

Maybe we're being passed up as an intergalactic tourist destination due to how much we're ruining the place. Or they opened up a new King's Planet-Island down the space highway, and now we're just the sketchy tourist trap with the chipped-paint plywood billboard.

@David - weird you mention that sort of quick turn... I was lying out in my backyard with my friend some years back, watching the stars. We saw something moving way too fast to be a plane, and the weird thing was, it turned about a 45-degree angle, as if to manuever between two stars.
Given perspective though, it could have any number of other explanations, but it was still weird.

Reminds me of the guy that asked Center last year what the airport was below him as it didn't show up on his MFD database. Controller said he couldn't say other than to expect a visit in his motel room that night by men in trenchcoats. We were just north of Las Vegas.
Dave

CIA Acknowledges the Existence of Area51
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/23/u...ose-little-green-men.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Mind you, this was released right after Snowden releases evidence that the NSA is spying on US citizens, which was preceeded by the President's very denial of the same.

I saw Boog Powell hit a ball so high it had to have ATC clearance. Does that count?

I was sitting in a field at night and watched a couple satellites pass by, and then I saw a particularly bright one (Figured it was the ISS) and then it made a 90 degree turn, picked up speed, and went out of sight. ...

I saw something very similar one night while taking a walk, I never did figure out what it was.

I've seen one unusual object while flying. I think it may have been a large research balloon of some sort, but I'm not sure.

I had a video camera going at the time, here is the 'encounter':

http://youtu.be/hOTEfGFJL4I

I have never seen a real UFO. When I was abducted by aliens they put a bag over my head and I didn't see the actual craft. However when I was a young man I was a volunteer firefighter and this http://www.flickr.com/photos/10707024@N04/1352276786/ is what I would see on my way home from a fire run. This photo was taken in the daytime but I can honestly tell you that at night, with some pretty awesome lighting installed by the owner the sight was downright chilling.

Na-nu Na-nu

I have never seen a real UFO. When I was abducted by aliens they put a bag over my head and I didn't see the actual craft. However when I was a young man I was a volunteer firefighter and this http://www.flickr.com/photos/10707024@N04/1352276786/ is what I would see on my way home from a fire run. This photo was taken in the daytime but I can honestly tell you that at night, with some pretty awesome lighting installed by the owner the sight was downright chilling.

Na-nu Na-nu

That reminds me of Buckminster Fuller's Dymaxion House.

I think the saucer houses were build in Sweden originally. The guy that owned this one was single and set one unit on his parents farm. A few years later he got married and bought a second one to connect. He had installed colored up lights all around it and it sat in a spot where you didn't see it till you crested a small hill. Very dramatic. No idea how many people wrecked at that location over the years.

Back in the 1950s & 60s, our planet seemed to have been visited by more than a few alien spacecraft. The people who reported actually seeing our planets visitors, or their flying saucers, were usually less than credible in most rational peoples eyes, however, there were a few exceptions, including airline pilots and military pilots, along with a few backwoods cops.

Alien visitors seemed to have a liking for the American southwest along with other assorted, away from civilization, locals.

Lately, our planet appears to have lost much of it's visitor destination appeal, I don't know why. Perhaps our gift shops need sprucing up a little.

I'm wondering why airline pilots saw UFOs, but never their passengers. I can't recall anyone on a ship at sea reporting a sighting either.

About twenty years ago I had a customer come in with a photograph he had paid good money for, of a flying saucer. He was convinced it was authentic and wanted it archival framed. I took the order, and did the job for him. I didn't bother telling him that my grandmother had that exact same lampshade hanging over her dining room table for many years.

Myself, other than a few politicians, I have never seen an alien from outer space, nor their devices of transportation. I am wondering if any of you have, or have ever run into a pilot who made the claim.

John

I have to ask your patience as I am not a pilot. I am a field investigator for MUFON (Mutual UFO Network) and my main interest and existence on this discussion board is to learn what I can about Military Operations Areas (MOA)s; what people (mainly pilots) might see such as the different type of maneuvers etc. as they've flown near or through these areas when they were "hot".
I live in southern Ohio where two MOAs exist and I'm getting sighting reports where those reporting are upset because they find what they've seen so weird and I'm hoping to help quell some of their anxiety as well as complete some investigations.

Anyway, I thought I'd share some links that someone might find interesting.
And of course, it depends on if and who you want to believe:

Google the following:
1. astronauts who saw ufos
2. presidents who saw ufos
3. high ranking officials who have seen ufos
WATER-USOs
Google the following:
1. Unidentified Submercible Objects
2. Naval sightings of uso
PILOTS WHO HAVE SEEN UFOS
Google the following:
1. pilots who have seen ufos
2. mantell ufo incident
3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0TiEatL8F4
ALIEN ENTITIES
Google the following:
1. Father Gill Sighting
2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua8MmT4bIHU

Last edited:
I've always wanted for UFOs to be real, but the only real credible reports I've ever seen are the WOW signal and the Bentwaters UFO incident back in the early 80s.

I tend to think the decline in UFO sightings is more or less proportional to the rise of ubiquitous cell phone cameras.

Since this thread has risen from the dead:

I was coming back home late at night, maybe 1am, and was about 5 miles from my airport. I saw what I thought was a landing light aimed at me about 5 miles on the opposite side of the airport. There was no relative movement, so I adjusted my heading to avoid the head-on. Still no change, so I made a larger evasive maneuver. Then I did the V8 forehead slap because I realized it was either Saturn or, more probably Jupiter (not the right time for Venus).

Had a stealth bomber bust over my head out at the old farmhouse by Amarillo one night. He was probably about 200' AGL and it was 3:00AM I had just pulled up to the house from the Midnight Rodeo in Amarillo and I was drunker than Cooter Brown.

Damn thing about made me turn a back flip. I'll bet the pilot's were watching me on FLIR and laughing their asses off. I flipped them the finger and everything...

I've seen some things out there I couldn't compute, but that could've been the beer... or more military hijinks. My Dad said that old farmhouse has probably been lazed a hundred times. I think it's in a military flight run or something ... :dunno:

I've seen a few flying things I couldn't identify. Nothing that really made me think aliens though.

I love science fiction and would love meet a real one... assuming they're friendly aliens. Most of those UFO encounters seem pretty questionable though.

I never was able to "identify" the bogey that came within about 1000 feet while I was doing pattern work on 27 at KVLL about 4-5 years ago. It was during the afternoon, the object first appeared on my traffic display behind me and above (ADS-B, so it was evidently transponder-equipped), going the wrong way in the pattern just south of the downwind. I extended my upwind and didn't have visual contact with it until it had made a 180 and was heading east, and I had turned crosswind. By the time I had turned downwind it was descending, still headed east, and then made a sharp left turn to the north and disappeared behind the trees (and I was still at pattern altitude, so it must have been VERY low).

My guess at the time was that it was a drone, though back then drones were not as ubiquitous as today. I still don't have a better explanation. Someone suggested it was a bird, but I've never heard of a bird with a transponder. ;)

Last edited:
I though everyone knew we are just a farm planet for the space folks. Free range self tending long(and wide) pork. Where do you think the processed food technology that is fattening up the planet comes from? Past civilizations disappearing without a trace, harvested for a long space trip of course.:rofl::rolleyes2:

I though everyone knew we are just a farm planet for the space folks. Free range self tending long(and wide) pork. Where do you think the processed food technology that is fattening up the planet comes from? Past civilizations disappearing without a trace, harvested for a long space trip of course.:rofl::rolleyes2:

"To Serve Man"

Back