Drunk pilot lands in parking lot

Hey..ar least not on a taxiway

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

He not only landed in the parking lot drunk but he also landed in jail. Talented!

Holy ****.

He would have had to fly over the San Bernardino Mountains to get that far off course.

One would think that would be noticeable.

And this was at night....he's one hell of a lucky guy he didn't have a CFIT accident.

Looks like no damage to the plane. Don't know if I could put it there sober. But 180 off course. Maybe forgot to set the gyro.

I'd give it some time, innocent till proven guilty and all.

ron_zpstcddyvto.jpg

So does that mean he was such a good pilot that he could land that plane anywhere sober?

Or is it one of those that you end up better when loosened up a little by booze?

good for him he landed I guess but what was he using to pee in? That reporting sucks, they need to get the details!

Ok, let me see if I can make this work....

The guy probably had a bad CFI. So he decided to make a long trip for business on his own, shortly after I'm sure he had an AOA failure and got turned around. He probably tried to pull the chute since his usual plane is a cirrus, but failing that remembered that his friend (who owns a bonanza) once said he could land in a parking lot. Being a Piper pilot, he obviously wanted to show him that Pipers are better than Bonanzas...

Did I get all the euphemism's in there?

:)

The guy probably had a bad CFI. So he decided to make a long trip for business on his own, shortly after I'm sure he had an AOA failure and got turned around. He probably tried to pull the chute since his usual plane is a cirrus, but failing that remembered that his friend (who owns a bonanza) once said he could land in a parking lot. Being a Piper pilot, he obviously wanted to show him that Pipers are better than Bonanzas...

This was obviously a clear case of "macho" hazardous attitude. He should fire his CFI.

wonder if he filled out Bryan's NASA report prior to flight?

It says he took off from 60 miles south of San Diego. Doesn't that mean he crossed the border somewhere along his flight and where were the F-16's if he did?

It says he took off from 60 miles south of San Diego. Doesn't that mean he crossed the border somewhere along his flight and where were the F-16's if he did?

"a planned flight from Temecula 60 miles south to San Diego."

As in, San Diego is 60 miles south of Temecula, CA.

You forgot the flight plan thang

Wonder what kind of survival equipment he had on board.

He couldn't have done it without a blue donut.

Another news article mentions the town he lives in, and there's only one entry in the FAA Airman database with that name and town:

Medical

Medical Class: First, Medical Date: 7/2003

Certificates
AIRLINE TRANSPORT PILOT FLIGHT INSTRUCTOR
Date of Issue: 10/27/2014
Certificate: AIRLINE TRANSPORT PILOT Print
Ratings:
AIRLINE TRANSPORT PILOT
AIRPLANE MULTIENGINE LAND
COMMERCIAL PRIVILEGES
AIRPLANE SINGLE ENGINE LAND

Type Ratings:
A/CE-500 A/LR-JET

Limits:
ENGLISH PROFICIENT.

Shouldn't that read, arrested for suspicion of FUI..????

And when I heard parking lot, I was thinking something like for McDonalds, not a huuuuuge ginormous parking lot.

Shouldn't that read, arrested for suspicion of FUI..????

And when I heard parking lot, I was thinking something like for McDonalds, not a huuuuuge ginormous parking lot.
It sounds like the local police just arrested him on a state DUI charge, probably for the roll-out after landing. I would imagine the case will get referred to the U.S. Attorney's office and he'll be charged with FUI or whatever they call it. I'm sure an emergency revocation of his pilot certificate will occur shortly too.

Geez. AND 70 miles north and out of fuel vs a destination 60 miles south. No telling how long he was in the air, but doesn't sound like a lot of fuel reserve either. He's lucky he was able to land and, as someone else mentioned, not be reported as a fatality from CFIT.

My plane has damage history from 1981 when the pilot landed on a taxi way. His bac was only .28 amazing he landed at all

Back