drive-by users

GeorgeC

Administrator
Management Council Member
Display Name

Display name:
GeorgeC
It seems that some new users will make content-free posts in rapid succession to get above the five post minimum... any way to deter this drive-by behavior? Maybe limit the rate that new users can post at?

What should the rate be?

Quite a bit of this sort of thing is automated bots anyway, and they’ll just adjust their speed automatically.

I'm relatively new, but joined in order to respond to a PoA post I found by Googling what I discovered is a fairly common problem and thought I had a constructive comment to make, but it didn't make much sense without posting a couple of photos. The requirement to post five times before being able link photos seemed strange to me, but I understand it's a reasonable rule to prevent abuses.

Can't limit the frequency or length of posts.

If you limit the former @mscard88 and I are screwed. The later will mess up @denverpilot

Not to worry, the offenders usually get dealt with by the collective and go away with little delay.

Not to worry, the offenders usually get dealt with by the collective and go away with little delay.

Yeah, it looks like our dog/scooter buddy Rey is already gone.

We do tend to get rid of people trying to work or abuse the system. Please continue to report those folks so we can deal with them promptly.

We do limit the ability to post links without moderator approval until a certain number of posts are made, I think it's 5. Maybe we should look into doing that with photos, as well.

Back